Five Teams Entering Their Super Bowl Window | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five Teams Entering Their Super Bowl Window

Until Belicheat retires and the Fins can consistantly dominate their division, the Fins winning a SB is just a dream.

I think Phins have a better than average chance of winning a championship in the next 10 years but I agree, it's based on Belichick retiring and the Pats returning to the average play we saw during the Grogan years. The article mentioned a Phins rise during the post Brady era, but I believe Belichick has been the key to the Patriots reign. Tom Brady has been very lucky to have not suffered major injuries that limit his play and he's going to be 42 at the start of the season so I think he has 3 years max left to play and he's probably going to go out a loser. Belichick is out to prove that he was the reason for the Pats success and not Brady. At 65 he's the second oldest NFL coach next to Pete Carroll 66.

I think you have to be a playoff team, maybe even consecutive playoff seasons to be in you contender window.

You have to start somewhere. And here’s what keeps giving me hope, and will until I die:

Nobody saw the Rams coming in 99. Nobody saw the Pats coming in 2001. Or the Raiders in 02. Or the Bears in ‘06. Or the Giants in ‘07. Or the Seahawks in 2012. Or the Panthers in 2015. Or the Rams and Jaguars in 2017.

There are almost always teams that have a lot of moving parts that don’t quite fit, and players that look like crap on film, and then all of a sudden it comes together, and they look like a completely different team.

New beginning for the Fins. Here’s hoping that sometime soon, nobody sees them coming.

I don't think we are in Superbowl window yet. we are more in rebuild window. Team like Kc, Lac, Lar, N.e, Dal, Hou, N.o, Sea, Pit and Phil.

To me I think they are saying the organization is there now, and there is some good young players to build on this team. If Rosen can come around, and we continue to draft well, along with adding the right players to compliment them in FA. We could be a team that we haven't been in many years.

Hope bait...Operation Paperclip is still in its infancy.

If the whole things is surrounding Flores how does that qualify as a “window”. Flores could be coaching here for 20 years if he’s got the goods.

Doesn’t sound like a window to me.

If the whole things is surrounding Flores how does that qualify as a “window”. Flores could be coaching here for 20 years if he’s got the goods.

Doesn’t sound like a window to me.

True!

Let's hope its a Space-Time vortex!

KC window opened not because of a coach. It's because of talent. Miami still needs some more of that before any credibility can be given to such click bait.

I guess it depends on how you would define window. For me, a window opens when all your crucial positions are filled with a solid group of players that should(on paper) make the playoffs year in year out ,*and* there is an expiration date on your ability to keep that core together.

Fins are far from having even at least average talent at most crucial spots... QB is a question mark, only thing they have for a pass rush is a prayer, one side of the field will be covered by most likely at best a mediocre player. They do have building blocks for sure, but lets just build the rough and then we can talk about windows.

The way I see it, the perfect way to "open a window" is by having your rookie QB perform really well in his 1st season. Giving you a clear cut expiration date on how much time you have to put a super bowl team around an elite QB playing for peanuts.

I like our chances... I get real tired of hearing we won't be anything until B&B retire... how pathetic IMO.. not taking away from how good they are and how great they have been.... but IF (I know all about if's and but's) we build a defense that is worth a damn we will contend THIS season... our offense HAS to score (of course) and along with that control the tempo of the game (clock mgt.) to keep the D as fresh as possible....

Flame away you seekers of talent across the board but IF our coaching staff is worthy of their titles and expertise we will win games in the final qtr. instead of blowing up with costly penalties and piss poor play calling … yes we NEED an answer at QB... but we don't know yet if we already have one... I think we do... if not a true franchise guy we have a guy that can get it done (with the right coaching staff) and we have ammunition ($$$ and picks) to fill in the missing pieces … we are in a winning window now.... so we should pull back the curtains and enjoy the show.... we are going to surprise quite a few

Window is not open yet, still have security locks on. If we find our Franchise QB (Rosen or draft next year) I can see the window creeping open.

Until you solidify the qb position it’s kinda moot.

Back
Top Bottom