Five things I think today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five things I think today

stormn1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
1. It would have been great if Jason Taylor had been able to make the trip to Green Bay.

2. One day after he retires, Marcus Spriggs is going to be a great matador in Spain. He's getting plenty of practice now.

3. There were two chances of winning in GB on a Monday night with Favre wanting to prove something, slim and Gilbert Brown. Slim turned out to be the holes the O-Line made for Ricky.

4. Coming soon to Nickelodeon, Welcome Back Carter. With Ray Lucas as Horshack, and Dave Wannstedt as Vinnie. All we need is a note signed by Epstein's mother.....no doubt it would ask to please excuse the absence of Zack Thomas.

5. If a screen pass is thrown in the woods, would any Dolphin defender be close enough to hear it?

I dont get why you pick on Jason Taylor. JT and Ogun are the only guys doing anything! If you cannot pick out what was wrong with our defense last night, then you shouldnt comment. was spriggs awful last nght? maybe, but he is not the reason we had problems. its called holding on to the ball! its called show something different on defense instead of this plain crap all the time! oh by the way, Brock marion has not looked good at all. seems his mind is still on orande gadsden. i am all for revamping our defense from top to bottom, including the coaching. its terrible.:fire:

Originally posted by finfan54
I dont get why you pick on Jason Taylor. JT and Ogun are the only guys doing anything! If you cannot pick out what was wrong with our defense last night, then you shouldnt comment. was spriggs awful last nght? maybe, but he is not the reason we had problems. its called holding on to the ball! its called show something different on defense instead of this plain crap all the time! oh by the way, Brock marion has not looked good at all. seems his mind is still on orande gadsden. i am all for revamping our defense from top to bottom, including the coaching. its terrible.:fire:

He actually has a point. Neither one of those guys showed up last night. GB had a patchwork o-line and Favre had all day most of the time. Everyone had a bad game last night. It was a team collapse a-la every playoff game we play. Hopefully this means they got their meltdown games out of the way... KC & GB and now they'll play sound. We can dream can't we???

Look, my post was mostly just picking fun at a few things. JT has been an awesome player this year though the games where he hasn't done anything (statistically!?) we've lost. But if you want serious analysis, I'll give it a shot (though it's not nearly as much fun, and it's done to death).

Usually you can't single out one play, one player, even one side of the ball for a loss, and the same holds true for last night. However you can single out turnovers. They absolutely killed us. Konrad's fumble, Carter's fumble, Lucas' 2 int's. The D only gave up 17 and I think 10 of those pts came off t/o's. Can't expect much more in GB on Monday night.

If there's anything I would change on D, it would probably be to move the LB's up a bit. Sometimes it seemed they were barely in camera view. GB (and everyone who plays us) puts 7, 8, or 15 in box. So many times it seemed like we had just four. No wonder there was so much stuff underneath for screens and cutbacks. Our LB's are playing three deep prevent.

And as far as holding on to the ball, I can't say I saw that game. We didn't take very many (any?) shots downfield, and the DE's were coming off the corner so fast and so free, that Lucas is lucky he only got a stinger.

Honestly, who expected to win at GB on Monday night with Favre coming back eager to prove he was healthy? True test will be the next two "weaks." But the Fins won't win averaging 5 turnovers a pop. That's more than your average pastry shop.

My apologies. I just went to the espn.com site and in the photo of Favre there's a dolphin in the background. It's obviously several hundred feet away but I think it's JT. I guess he did make the trip.

Originally posted by stormn1
My apologies. I just went to the espn.com site and in the photo of Favre there's a dolphin in the background. It's obviously several hundred feet away but I think it's JT. I guess he did make the trip.

:lol:
Whether you agree with him or not you have to admit stormn is pretty damn funny!

We'll be counting on you for witty rebuttles to all the vermin Jet fans that will be pouring into this forum this week stormn

Storm definately has a way with his words. Hey Storm Make sure to rip the Jets Good

Originally posted by stormn1
1. It would have been great if Jason Taylor had been able to make the trip to Green Bay.

2. One day after he retires, Marcus Spriggs is going to be a great matador in Spain. He's getting plenty of practice now.

3. There were two chances of winning in GB on a Monday night with Favre wanting to prove something, slim and Gilbert Brown. Slim turned out to be the holes the O-Line made for Ricky.

4. Coming soon to Nickelodeon, Welcome Back Carter. With Ray Lucas as Horshack, and Dave Wannstedt as Vinnie. All we need is a note signed by Epstein's mother.....no doubt it would ask to please excuse the absence of Zack Thomas.

5. If a screen pass is thrown in the woods, would any Dolphin defender be close enough to hear it?

Funny stuff, man......welcome aboard.

here is one put in your pipe , maybe the phins were just outplayed all around by a better team? Nahhhh that's just to logical

nah GB sux....if it wasnt for lucas int thrown for a td we coulda tied the game since we had the ball after the onside....LUCAS loses again...

Originally posted by WisconsinFan
here is one put in your pipe , maybe the phins were just outplayed all around by a better team? Nahhhh that's just to logical

Not really. We held up really well on defense. Favre held below 200 yds. passing, I can't remember how many rushing yards Green had. On offense, we were moving the ball well those first 2 drives, which ended in fumbles, and the drive where Lucas was picked by Sharper(he is one helluva safety). Once again, if we held onto the ball, it would have been a lot closer......

I think ur way off bm31, they made the plays they had too!! CArter protectied the ball pretty well, just got hit outta there, same with konrad. To holding Favre, we didnt exactly force them to have to throw the ball in the second half now did we? they played it conservative forcing our offence(if u can call it that at this point) to do something. Madison gave up plays, Taylor didnt take advantage of a hurting Lt, DT didnt keep Zack free all night, didnt bother really throwing the ball down field till 3rd quarter, offense came out and couldnt have been more predictable, so i think ur way way off...we didnt make the plays and they did...

I can see where you could have that view on it. The first fumble, Konrad was definately stripped. The Carter fumble, he wasn't stripped, he arm was bumped or something minor like that, and the ball came out, that was 100% Carter. You are right about making the plays though, I can't take that away from them. However, you may be overly pessimistic here, and rightfully so. I think we had an average day, and they had a great day......

Originally posted by WisconsinFan

Without a doubt you guys beat us in EVERY aspect of the game last night.

The Pack is damn good.

Back
Top Bottom