Five things to look for at Dolphins game tonight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five things to look for at Dolphins game tonight

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It's that time again, the sun's vs us. 5 things to look for in this game tonight.

Here's the Sun's:

Five things to look for at Dolphins game tonight

My additions.

1. Does our interior OL pass block better?
2. Since their playing a whole half, can the 1st O produce 14 points? 7 per quarter. Not asking much.
3. Can the LB's cover the TE, Recievers out of the backfield.
4. Can Roundtree solidify his roster spot or will Lowe take it away?
5. Will Sammy Knight and Seau show up tonight?

I would add...

1. Can Ayanbadejo make the blocks to spring Ricky?
2. Will Griese finally look confortable whe he gets in the game?

Originally posted by dolfan4good

Griese may not look comfortable until we play the Bills... you know, with a Sam Adams on the field :lol:

Ill be watching for a sixth thing also.

6. The cheerleaders

1. Does our interior OL pass block better?

I think thats a known commodity at this point. Half the reason (or maybe more...) that we went for Gandy was to upgrade the middle of the OL in their pass protection by moving Dixon back over. I think coaches and Fiedler know they gotta watch the interior. More important to me is how the interior run blocks tonight, they need to get that going.

3. Can the LB's cover the TE, Recievers out of the backfield.

Honestly I think we already know that Zach gives the guys some cushion and so they will get yards but they will be brought down...depending on the down and distance. Its SEAU we gotta watch out for, because obviously his gaffe against Pittman calls his coverage abilities into serious question. Other than that, Jenkins is out of this game so I'm personally not gonna be payin attention to LB coverage other than Seau.

4. Can Roundtree solidify his roster spot or will Lowe take it away?

I've honestly already got Roundtree penciled in, he's impressed me that much, but you're kinda right. All Alphy needs to do is be himself, without any costly penalties this time, and I just think it'll work itself out. So the keyword for Alphy is penalties, cuz if it weren't for that costly hands to the face penalty at the end of the game, the Jags probably don't win first off (which would make BLITZKRIEG happy...), and second Alphy already seals the spot over Omare. That penalty put him right back into the pile and negated all the great things he was doing that game.

5. Will Sammy Knight and Seau show up tonight?

I'm gonna be lookin to see if Sammy is improving on the angles he's taking with so much open space between him and the line of scrimmage. So far he's been taking bad angles on a number of occasions allowing guys to beat him because they have speed advantages over him. Would be nice if one of those two caused a turnover tonight.

1. Can Ayanbadejo make the blocks to spring Ricky?

Not too important to me. We don't use a lead blocker all THAT much to be honest and certainly won't be doing it much with Ayanbadejo in the game. More important, can he pass block, and can he make more plays catching and running the ball.

That would certainly be nice...

6. The cheerleaders

So will I my friend, so will I...

But CK, I thought the purpose of TC was to get better, I'm hoping they get better at pass blocking up the middle. My understanding from reading some reports this week, especially the Fins insider that I subscribe to is that they're running the counter tray that was so sucessful for them last year. My understanding is that they have the timing down very well and should run pretty well. Ricky should gain positive yards. After gaining so many yards last year, I'm not as concern about the run as the pass blocking, which scares the hell out of me, I'm glad it's Jay and not Danny back there. The only run that we don't do well is straight up the gut. That's needs to improve.

Zach needs to get better at pass defense, along with Greenwood and Seau, this is where teams extend too many drives on us. That's why I want to see improvement there. They shoudl be practicing this stuff to get better. Wanny's whole thing this offseason was to get better, practice better, play better, coach better. So to me that includes the LB's stopping the short passes better.

On the Sammy thing that's part of my concern, against a player like Travis Henry, a bad angle will leave him is his dusts, Knight doesn't have the recovery speed to make up for bad angles. Plus I'd like to see him in coverage against the deep ball, especially with Peerless speed, I want to see his reaction to that type of speed.

And as aways, can the D get off the field quickly..but this is where the LB's to me play the role of stopping the short yardage for 1st down. As the Sun points out, it would be nice to see Jay hook up on a couple of long passes, especially on national TV, it would serve a notice to teams we play that you can't crowd the line of scrimage to stop Ricky.

Last edited by a moderator:
can the Phins stretch the field effectively

see Deep thinking: Dolphins must prove long pass is a threat

alos, the battle for #2 TE
Rookie tight end Donald Lee will try to strengthen his hold on the No. 2 spot behind starter Randy McMichael. Lee's fine play in training camp, combined with the week-long absence of veteran Marco Battaglia, put Lee ahead of Battaglia for now.

The only things I will be seriously looking at is our LT, and that no one gets injured. Besides that the only ohter thing I would like to see is our LBs able to make plays if they throw any screens to Dunn. The screen pass has been the achilies heal of our defense for 3 years.

Originally posted by Dajesus
The only things I will be seriously looking at is our LT, and that no one gets injured. Besides that the only ohter thing I would like to see is our LBs able to make plays if they throw any screens to Dunn. The screen pass has been the achilies heal of our defense for 3 years.

Good one, I forgot about the screen, and the Pats love to use it.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba

Griese may not look comfortable until we play the Bills... you know, with a Sam Adams on the field :lol:

:rofl:
DAMN THAT WAS FUNNY!!!
:roflmao:

Also - Will Chambers be focused tonight. It's getting kinda late not to turn it on. I think he must show some game enthusiasm and focus with only one game left before regular season.

Will also be watching for more aggressive defensive play calling. With a pocket passer like Johnson in there who better to work on your blitz packages against.

Oh Yeah - The Cheerleaders!!!!! - I think they need to add trampolines and bikinis to their routine. Ya think. Forget the POM POMS

Back
Top Bottom