Fixing Offense No Easy Task--Link | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fixing Offense No Easy Task--Link

Ross

Trouble Shooter
Reaction score
Story

"Houck’s move of right tackle Vernon Carey to the left side is a bold move. Clearly, Houck believes that Carey could be much more than anyone envisioned."

Yeah its' a piece written by a Dolphin fan, but who cares, it's pre-preseason...

--Ross

Thanks for the link, everything he says is true. I can't wait until it really starts.

Wow, I was expecting a horribly Homer-ish article. That was well-written and enjoyable, better than a lot of things I've been reading lately.

Ross said:
Story

"Houck’s move of right tackle Vernon Carey to the left side is a bold move. Clearly, Houck believes that Carey could be much more than anyone envisioned."

Yeah its' a piece written by a Dolphin fan, but who cares, it's pre-preseason...

--Ross
good article

Ross said:
Story

--Ross

Nice read, but nothing we didn't already know. Good to be reassured of what's going on from yet another source, though.

I didnt know Linehan was using our old playbook/terminology that helps even the field a bit for AJ...not that im some huge AJ lover but I certainly want the competition to be as even as possible.

I think the absolute logic he used to sum up the QB battle is so true...

"This is an area where Saban and Linehan must act decisively, for the good of the team. They must understand that dragging things out through the preseason, as Wannstedt did, would be a mistake.

It says here that the Dolphins MUST determine, once and for all, whether or not Feeley can play. They cannot do that if he is sitting on the bench.

They also must know that they are not likely to be going to the Super Bowl in 2005 and that Frerotte, 33, won’t be the guy who eventually takes them there.

So why waste time playing Frerotte?"-article

Exactly. Anyone hoping that Frerotte gets the starting job is a moron.

So why waste time playing Frerotte?"-article

Exactly. Anyone hoping that Frerotte gets the starting job is a moron.[/QUOTE]

don't understand why it's 'moronic' to be sick of watching us lose. if feeley can indeed do anything, he should have shown something by now, if not during training camp. i'm not anti-feeley or pro-frerotte. if frerotte is the better qb, he should play. feeley should have shown the coaching staff something for them to hang their hat on. if saban resigns himself to not winning in 2005, and sticking with feeley to 'see what he can do', then why not declare the season a true 'rebuilding' one, and move some players out while they may be worth something ie trade jason taylor. personally, that would make me puke, but if you're going to rebuild then you can't be half-a**ed about it, imo. again personally, i don't think we're that far away, the talent on the team was well ahead of last year's record. i agree 100% with the idea that we have to pick a qb and commit to him for the year. last year was ridiculous.

HVACservice said:
Exactly. Anyone hoping that Frerotte gets the starting job is a moron.

and that is a moronic statement in itself. People can pull for whoever they damn well please, and they are by no means a moron.

cowtowndick said:
if saban resigns himself to not winning in 2005, and sticking with feeley to 'see what he can do', then why not declare the season a true 'rebuilding' one, and move some players out while they may be worth something ie trade jason taylor. personally, that would make me puke, but if you're going to rebuild then you can't be half-a**ed about it, imo. again personally, i don't think we're that far away, the talent on the team was well ahead of last year's record. i agree 100% with the idea that we have to pick a qb and commit to him for the year. last year was ridiculous.

you're absolutely right.....if Saban and Linehan are sure they can't challenge for the SB, then why did we sign Carter, Spragan, Holliday, et al? We should just start Crowder, Roth, Daniels, and such. Say goodbye to Thomas, Seau, and others. :rolleyes:

Saban said that he wants to win THIS year. He even stated in his intro PC that he wants to win every game. Obviously that won't happen, but you certainly dont come close to obtaining that goal by playing a sub par QB, especially if Gus proves to be better in camp and preseason.

Back
Top Bottom