Flacco To The Phins 2019 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flacco To The Phins 2019

How many of the really good quarterbacks were even top 10 picks that are in the league right now? It's been proven time and time again that drafting quarterbacks early or top 10 doesn't matter. There's no guarantees, no matter how much somebody wants to think of their is. I just don't see tanking a season guaranteeing us anything.

At least half of the starters in the NFL this year (if you include Winston) were selected in the top 12 picks overall in the draft. I'm probably missing someone.

Andrew Luck
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Baker Mayfield
jameis Winston (benched)
Marcus Mariota
Philip Rivers
Eli Manning
Carson Wentz
Ryan Tannehill (injured)
Alex Smith
Mitch Trubisky
Jared Goff
Ben Roethlisberger
Josh Rosen
Matthew Stafford
DeShaun Watson

I prefer to get a guy high and throw him in the mix.
This “grooming” thingy has never worked for us. Like ever

Throwing into the mix hasn't been forgiving either.

If 2020 is the goal, why not Flacco in the meantime if Tannehill can't get back to 100%?

If Gase can win with Brock he can win with Flacco.

Any how, it's the draft we're shooting for.

What does this forum expect? What QB better than Flacco can you get to hold the reigns until we draft our QB?

This forum has let options go summersaulting over it's head. Not a lot of choices out there. Flacco is the best one I've heard of yet.

Again, this is predicated on Tannehill not getting healthy because if he does, I believe Gase will roll with him once again and I'm good with that as long as it's certain RT will simply be a babysitter until 2020.

Incredible. Many in this fan base cant live with 8 wins a year. So we should tank an entire 2019 season before it begins. My head hurts, honestly, can't make some of this stuff up. Most here wait all off season for football to start, then call for tanking. Not only tanking during the season, but now tanking future seasons. Disgusting. Imagine actually enjoying a football season that is solely for our entertainment. No way to explain the thinking of some on here.

Preach, brother.

We are fans, right? I forget sometimes, on this forum.

Isn't it somewhere in the definition of fan having to root for the team one is a fan of to win?

FK me silly and call me Susan- I can't wrap my head around it.

This gets my vote for most depressing post ever and that’s saying something with this franchise. If Flacco is on the Miami Dolphins roster I’m going to have to take an NFL vacation. I won’t watch that.

Would be nice for once.....just for once that Phins will not be mentioned with potential QB signings that have seen their best years. Im done with stop gaps and other teams castoffs. When will the light bulb come on?!?

I'd rather just keep Tannehill. Flacco has consistently been surrounded by a massively more stable system and more competent organization than Tannehill and the results have been pretty underwhelming over recent years.

Not terrible if the idea is to get the young franchise QB in 2020.

Play Flacco for 1-3 years while the young guy actually grooms and isn't thrown into the fire.
This. Flacco is not as terrible of a QB people think he is. He may not be elite, but he's still better than Tannehill or really any QB we've had since Marino sans Pennington. Also, what weapons has Ozzie surrounded him with over the years? Alot of hot garbage. I'm not even a Flacco fan, but I can live him with under center for a couple years. I'd sign him for the purpose of being a veteran caretaker until we find our guy.

I'd rather just keep Tannehill. Flacco has consistently been surrounded by a massively more stable system and more competent organization than Tannehill and the results have been pretty underwhelming over recent years.
Tannehill is broken and has no pocket awareness and rarely has big playmaking ability. Flacco is generally healthy, doesnt get sacked as often thanks to poket awateness and quick release and he can make those big boy throws Tanny hardly tries to attempt.

Back
Top Bottom