Flavor of the day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flavor of the day

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
So one day I log on and all I see are threads that we are going to take Brown.

The next day we are going to take Alex Smith

The next day we are going to take Mike Williams

The next day Aaron Rodgers

The next day trade w/ Tampa is iminent

The next trade with Minny is imment

Today we are trading with the Skins or Edwards is the pick.

Why do I feel like Saban is the Pied Piper and the media and fans are the rats dancing behind him?

I wonder what tomorrows flavor will be?

Well thank God tomorrow's flavor is the last one. Unless you count all the "should have drafted" flavors that are coming this way.

You have to give Slick Nick props. I have never seen a more baffled public over a draft pick. I mean usually the top 5 or so everyone has a good idea who will be selected. But no one had a clue in the world what we will do. I mean no clue at all.

fin-atic said:
You have to give Slick Nick props. I have never seen a more baffled public over a draft pick. I mean usually the top 5 or so everyone has a good idea who will be selected. But no one had a clue in the world what we will do. I mean no clue at all.

All that he's doing is not talking about it. It's a very simple concept. In fact the only thing he's said is that he'd like to trade down and that we shouldn't be surprised if he doesn't take a RB if they stay at 2. Plus, the fact that there are no "top 5" guys in this draft. All the talent is jumbled together.

The only thing that matters is what the flavor of Saturday will be, and IMO, that will be Ronnie Brown unless the team does trade down.

Well he has done more than that. He has mentioned various players over the last couple of days. Smith, Rodgers, etc. I believe to create activity to try and trade down. Now if I really wanted to go on a limb, I would say he has also allowed his people to leak the other names we are hearing like Edwards, Williams, Brown, etc. to generate activity and to blow smoke screens.

Last year we had a better idea of who we were going to pick then this year. Saban is either a master manipulator or a master of secrecy. Either way you have to give him credit.

KyPhinfan13 said:
All that he's doing is not talking about it. It's a very simple concept. In fact the only thing he's said is that he'd like to trade down and that we shouldn't be surprised if he doesn't take a RB if they stay at 2. Plus, the fact that there are no "top 5" guys in this draft. All the talent is jumbled together.

I agree. He's doing what is expected not anything extraordinary.

KB21 said:
The only thing that matters is what the flavor of Saturday will be, and IMO, that will be Ronnie Brown unless the team does trade down.
I don't disagree with this. Brown is very likely. Do you feel the same way if Smith does not go to SF at #1?

there are plenty of top 5 picks in this draft. Two years from now teams will be wishing they had selected some of the players in this draft. Who are they, I don't know, but it happens every year. My opinion is Mike Williams will be the best player to come from this draft. As far as the qb's go, when you put the right guy on the right team you have a winner. We will all see in due time, but trust me there is plenty of talent in this years draft.

fin-atic said:
I don't disagree with this. Brown is very likely. Do you feel the same way if Smith does not go to SF at #1?

I think Alex Smith is probably the only player Nick will take over Ronnie Brown.

KB21 said:
I think Alex Smith is probably the only player Nick will take over Ronnie Brown.

I have a funny feeling if we don't trade down he takes Edwards!

FiN.in.RI said:
I agree. He's doing what is expected not anything extraordinary.
Can you remember a time when we knew less about who we would pick?

Can you remember a time when the media knew less about who the #2 team would pick?

I disagree, I think he has everyone guessing. And that is very extraordinary considering we have the number 2 pick.

fin-atic said:
Why do I feel like Saban is the Pied Piper and the media and fans are the rats dancing behind him?

It's because that's the way things work now that Nick is in town. As long as he keeps playing the sweet music, I'll be one rat who keeps dancing.

Back
Top Bottom