Flo can be saved by one man -- Tua | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flo can be saved by one man -- Tua

This!

Last year we overachieved, we were not a 10-6 team. Tua isn’t saving this team. Brissett actually played good enough to win against most team yesterday. He have zero run game. Brady had more rushing yards than us in the second half. The wholes on this team are far more than when we started this rebuild.
Agreed, two steps forward one step back. This is a step back year.

It’s a steep Hill to climb because the rest of the team seems to be letting down just as much as having a crappy 2nd string QB. That said my expectation is Tua should be much better than Brissett with the same cast of characters. I want to see this in PPG more than anything else. Tua needs to learn self preservation. He’s going to get hit. He’s never going to be put in a situation where he’s not going to take hits playing NFL football. He needs to learn when to give up on plays and avoid the enormous shots. They cannot play offense to protect/hide the QB. They have no shot with that plan. The defense has regressed too much. The offense has to sling it around and Tua is the driver. I’m rooting for him, that’s for sure.

I would be shocked if Tua made a big impact on games. Im in the camp that he isnt going to be the starter long term.
He is serviceable on a great team. He cannot carry a team.

Tua can’t save this ship because it has holes everywhere. This regime drafted their supposed franchise QB and totally failed him by not adequately building around him. Ignored OL in free agency other than the one year wonders like Flowers and Karras. Failed OL draft picks. Ignored drafting a legit RB and went with undrafted guys. Ignored WR until overpaying for Fuller and drafting Waddle a small slot guy.

The only kind of quarterback that could transform the fortunes of this team with its many flaws is a transcendent type of guy that can generate top of the league scoring numbers. Herbert, Allen, Jackson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, etc.

We'd need a guy that can drop back and throw for 300-400 yards a game or play with top efficiency. There is nothing in Tua's pro experience to show he could even come close to that. He wouldn't throw to guys that weren't Alabama open last year and with his o-line and lack of athleticism he's not going to have the time to take those down field shots even if he wanted to. Mahomes is beginning to struggle because he's under pressure to score on almost every possession because their defense is awful. This defense is worse.

What QB were people watching last year? Tua at his apex might look like Alex Smith one day, but he'll need everything to be perfect around him even for that comparison to hold.

Tua can’t even save himself, let alone the coach. They both should go before next season starts.

If Tua comes in and lights it up, stays healthy, and proves to be the guy..... I don't give a **** what this team's win/loss record is at the end of the season. We would be going into the off-season with a 23-24 y/o franchise QB.

His play, consistency, and health is the only savior possible for this season.

I think Ross is going to press the panic button and try to get a deal for Watson, but I'd prefer we give Tua this year. Even if we landed a Watson, with this line we are not making a deep play off run.

As unspectacular as I feel Tua has been I feel like he can start in this league. You can say he's 7-3 as a starter and has states similar to so and so, but he just doesn't seem to pass the eye ball test. Maybe he can develop into that guy, maybe he can't. Bailing on him at this point is the exact reason he are here today. Poor management and poor development.

We need to give the kid this year.

Man, after yesterday, even Tua can't save this team.

The rebuild was a bust. The defense is not who we thought they were. OL is atrocious. Play calling is awful. Run game is non existent. Dual O.C.s gotta go. Grier simply CAN NOT identity talent. Even X played awful yesterday.

I can't believe we had all that draft capital and here we are.

Last season was an unsustainable fluke with our defense winning games for us.
I’ve been saying it for a long time…Grier has to go. The sooner that Ross realizes it…The better we’ll be.

I already see the excuses though.

It's the Jags and Falcons of course wr should win.

Yet that didn't stop an incompetent Indy team from embarrassing us.

When we start winning again, unless Tua throws 4 tds and 300 yards a game, it won't matter.

Suddenly the defense remembered how to play, and suddenly Flores knows how to coach
Indy isn't incompetent. They don't have a good record, but an incompetent team wouldn't have taken Baltimore to the wire...I know for sure that we have never done so.

I already see the excuses though.

It's the Jags and Falcons of course wr should win.

Yet that didn't stop an incompetent Indy team from embarrassing us.

When we start winning again, unless Tua throws 4 tds and 300 yards a game, it won't matter.

Suddenly the defense remembered how to play, and suddenly Flores knows how to coach
Indy didn't look too bad taking the Ravens to OT

If Tua comes in and lights it up, stays healthy, and proves to be the guy..... I don't give a **** what this team's win/loss record is at the end of the season. We would be going into the off-season with a 23-24 y/o franchise QB.

His play, consistency, and health is the only savior possible for this season.
I read this entire thread ready to post almost EXACTLY this ^^^^. I am not sure he's capable of doing this, but he hasn't had the chance to prove otherwise yet. It's well documented how poor Josh Allen was his entire first 2 years, and he even has his legs to save him. Peyton Manning was really bad TD/INT ratio his first year. I think the biggest risk with Tua is a coaching staff not allowing him to "let it rip" from here on out. Screw it- let's see what he can do. He may need a couple of games with 2-3 INT's before the light turns on for him. He has been nothing but extremely careful as a QB since coming to MIA (yes, a couple of bad INT's when he should take a sack or throw away). I think the current great young QB's have all been given the keys to the offense and allowed to cut their teeth, but Tua has absolutely not been given that. ON TOP OF THAT - I don't believe we have the offensive plays and play-calls to allow him to, regardless of the O-Line. On top of that, there isn't one position coach I have any faith in at this point. I may be missing a good LB coach or DL coach or something, but in general, I think the position coaches may be a huge part of the problem. I digress - if Tua doesn't have a very good rest of the season, we are starting over, due to the capital it takes to admit you're wrong and go after someone else, be it Watson or someone in the draft.

It is truly wild what 4 weeks without your starting QB can do. Before the season started, Flores was one of the candidates to win coach of the year and now the players think he's the problem (allegedly) and Tua is the only one who can save him from being let go at the end of the year. (I do agree with this)

Back
Top Bottom