Flores and adjustments this week | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores and adjustments this week

One adjustment I would like to see is this..........Stop deferring when we win the toss.
Take the friggin ball and try to get on the board first.

Adjustments I’d like to see:

•McCain at Nickle, Minkah at Safety

•Someone besides Davenport it OT

•Rosen getting snaps starting at halftime of the game gets out of hand like it did against BAL

Adjustments I’d like to see:

•McCain at Nickle, Minkah at Safety

•Someone besides Davenport it OT

•Rosen getting snaps starting at halftime of the game gets out of hand like it did against BAL
YEAH THIS:thumbsup We also need to be severely unpussyfide, we are softer than Elton John's vienna sausage at the Playboy mansion!!!
libby-s-vienna-sausage-net-wt-4-6-oz-16.gif

Maybe play a real safety to prevent those long passes?
I'm not really expecting a bunch of long passes from Brady. He'll kill us with those quick 5 to 6 yard passes al the way down the field time and again. We might as well forget that we can get to him. They need to play cover and make sure they make the tackle once the receiver catches the football. As far as the offense, a nice screen pass from time to time would help slow down their pass rush.

Stop being cute on defense.

Every time McCain was lined up as single high safety, but was tasked to do something else, his tells were very obvious as he would start creeping to the line. You can see Lamar wagging his hand behind his back and even pointing to a WR as he called an audible. That was the single biggest reason for those long pass completions. Bad defensive scheme for a player who didn't know how not to telegraph his actions.

Don't play Minkah as a LB in the box. You had him standing flat footed and then trying to cover someone as the guy passed his face. You gave him no chance to hand check and run stride for stride. He will give you run support as a slot CB but he can't stack and shed linemen when played in the box as a LB. Poor use of his skill set. He has a good reason not to be happy with the defensive game plan.

I could go on and on but what is the point. Whole lot of trying to force square pegs into round holes. I was almost as appalled as I was watching Cam Cameron. And I say this really wanting to think Flores and company can be the answer.

Short of dramatically increasing pressure on the QB, and doing it quickly, this is the biggest adjustment that should happen. Not sure why they thought McCain is a FS. He's woeful...
Yeah, I'm perplexed too. I wanted Fitzpatrick playing FS, but this Patriots multiple front system typically plays 2 or 3 safeties and their roles are a tad different, so I'm not totally upset with not playing Fitzpatrick at safety. But McCain?!?!?!? IMHO, given what we saw from Rowe, I'd play either Fitzpatrick or McCain at the other boundary CB, and if you're not playing Fitzpatrick at safety, then play him or McCain in the slot. We still need a safety and Wiltz still sees the field, so there's some massive problems there regardless … but McCain was poorly cast as a FS.

Tactically, our LB's were so bad against the run we sold out our safeties to stop the run … and our DB's were so bad that they played matador defense. Without safeties playing deep … those busted coverages = 7 points.

To fix that, we need a pass rush … but that's simply not on the menu for this tanking season. The front office knows we can't win without pass rushers, so that's how they hamstrung the defense … and boy did it work! We'll definitely draft a QB and pass rusher high in 2020. Not sure where the OL and CB will come, but we need legitimate starting pass rushers, and a rebuilding team will only find that early in the draft.

I'm not really expecting a bunch of long passes from Brady. He'll kill us with those quick 5 to 6 yard passes al the way down the field time and again. We might as well forget that we can get to him. They need to play cover and make sure they make the tackle once the receiver catches the football. As far as the offense, a nice screen pass from time to time would help slow down their pass rush.
I hope you're right honestly. I hope he eats up clock. But seeing the fleet footed Dorsett, paired with the long speed Gordon means one of those guys is beating Eric Rowe like a drum, and if we don't have a high safety to stop them … Brady will be dialing up and completing a lot of long passes. The thought of Jomol Wiltz covering Julien Edelman at any time just makes me nauseated … and probably makes Patriots fans giggle. I say put McCain in the slot or boundary and leave the FS job to Fitzpatrick … because every single play Brady will have a WR in a mismatch with plenty of time to throw the ball … and he doesn't make many mistakes. We don't even need to think about the TE, because we can't cover their WR's, even if Antonio Brown never plays a single snap.

Back
Top Bottom