Flores:chandler Cox ‘embodied A Lot Of Things I Love About The Game,’ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores:chandler Cox ‘embodied A Lot Of Things I Love About The Game,’

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
N74TNAVMPZDSBNRS6ZKMLJEXOY.jpg

“I think with the way offenses have trended," Miami coach Brian Flores said, "I would say, in the last 10 years really away from the fullback into more spread, not a lot of teams know how to defend the two-back run game. It all moves in circles, right? I think, for us, I think having the ability to do that may be an advantage. …

"We're going to have a fullback one way or another, and we're going to be a tough, physical team."

The desire to have tough, physical Dolphins drew Flores to Cox.

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/05/c...-love-about-the-game-dolphins-coach-says.html

He could be a QB and running backs best friend. I like the article and would like for him to make the team. He could be our third emergency QB saving us from having 3 QB's on the active roster.

That's the way to be. New England uses a FB and they keep winning. In the playoffs they had michel running wild meanwhile Brady was fairly mediocre. Running is one way to win in the playoffs
The Ravens use one too

Does this include all the unsubstantiated claims that he's a dirty player from a certain Alabama fan?

He's already better than Gase because of this lol, but for real. I still need a pass rusher though to get truly excited about the season.

Love the move towards physicality and the focus on running the ball, we haven't been like that since the Sparano days. Not interested in returning to 9-play FG drives, though

Finally, someone who gets it. When the other teams zig, you gotta zag. We sucked on 3rd and short and goal line situations since losing Lousaka Polite, though with Gase we were ususally in 3rd and long anyways...
Didn't matter with Gase. 3rd, and a half yard was a WR screen, 4 yds behind the LOS, even when Gore was getting 4+ per carry.

The insanity of it all just blew my mind.

Didn't matter with Gase. 3rd, and a half yard was a WR screen, 4 yds behind the LOS, even when Gore was getting 4+ per carry.

The insanity of it all just blew my mind.

Equally amazing are those who see talent (or lack thereof) and stop. Coaching apparently counts for nothing.

Equally amazing are those who see talent (or lack thereof) and stop. Coaching apparently counts for nothing.
Well, in fairness, many posters do point out, not only is our staff overwhelmingly inexperienced at their respective positions, aside from Caldwell, but former Pats have been underwhelming.

I don't necessarily agree, that our staff will be bad, but they have valid points.

I do believe, however, many underestimate the talent.

Well, in fairness, many posters do point out, not only is our staff overwhelmingly inexperienced at their respective positions, aside from Caldwell, but former Pats have been underwhelming.

I don't necessarily agree, that our staff will be bad, but they have valid points.

I do believe, however, many underestimate the talent.

Should have been more precise. I'm NOT saying Flores and company will be good. That has yet to be proven one way or the other. That was more a trashing of Gase and company. Play-calling, wide 9, game plans (or lack thereof), NOT taking advantage of mismatches, OL communications, . . . I'll stop there, but the list is l-o-o-o-o-o-n-g. THAT'S the coaching I'm pointing out. It will be hard to be that bad in that many aspects of the game. The new staff has experience in all these areas and expecting improvement is reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom