Flores Contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Contract

Could care less about Ross' checkbook, so guaranteed makes no difference to me.

It kind of makes sense if it’s true they won’t get their QB until 2020 or 2021.

To me this signifies how much the thought process has changed within ownership. Finally a full commitment to building a sustainable winning product. No more quick fixes or outrageous contracts to players looking for one final payday in a tax free haven, known as Florida. It took the Cleveland Browns over a decade to finally turn things around. I admire the huge collection of draft picks and enormous amounts of cap space available to re-sign their own or go put and get the final piece? Miami needed this type of commitment from Flores and from the Franchise itself. He's been with NE since Tom Brady started, so he knows what's at stake. He knows the type of vision that's needed to rebuild. Good Luck!!!

Long term plan = don’t need to be married to incumbent veteran QB

This seems like a smart move overall. IT allows the coach to make some decision that could hurt the team in the short term, but greatly benefit the team in the long term. I'm not sure how the Raiders moves will workout, but they have draft capital and the coach has the backing to build the team going forward how he see fit.

This 5 year deal does a couple of things, or should. It means that the team has finally realized that the little band-aids we have been trying the last couple of decades to get us into the playoffs have not worked. This will hopefully, allow us to make some tough decision that hurt the team in the short term, but benefit the team down the road.

His demeanor during press conferences doesn’t strike me as someone who would be like Gase. But who knows what goes on behind closed doors.
Gase is much different at Press Confs (ex. crazy taco eyes) and behind closed doors, too. LOL

Flores is going to get the time and won't be "Wilks's" out of the job after 1 bad year...or two. Ross and Greir understand that this version or Rome won't be built in a day, or maybe a year. This could be a slow burn.

Not my money.. if he does not win more than 6 gams in his first 3 years he prob gets canned anyway

Already a thread. And if it is 5 years $2 million a year he can certainly still be booted after a year. It would have to be really really bad though b

The money has to be dirt if it’s fully guaranteed and 5 years.

Has to be. Otherwise unless I’ve missed the boat on what the going rate for a head coach is....wtf

If he sucks he will be fired mid-season in Year 4 like Philbin and Sparano.

A five year deal guaranteed,instead of the four years with a option year....to me means, he's ok after this coming up 1-15 season.

Ross isnt paying him dirt money. Ross isn't cheap, the tank plan is on. Hes saving his money on the free agent side of things.. probably 8 million a year.

Back
Top Bottom