Flores Contract | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Contract

Meh. I really don’t think many conclusions can be drawn from Flores’ contract. Fans are way too desperate to find hard proof that their answer to all the team’s woes “tank season” is guaranteed.

I couldn’t be less ambivalent about the situation. Ironically, this may prove to be a good thing, as I was initially kind of excited at the Philbin and Gase hires and look how that panned out.

BB, Carroll, Gruden and Peyton are north of 8 mil. Doubt Flores is in that company. My guess would be 4-5 mil which guarantees 20-25 mil.

gives all new meaning to the "it had to be the right situation for me" lol I bet it did

It really doesn't matter. If he gets fired early we take no cap hit. When it comes to players is a different story but not when it comes to the HC. He'll stay or go based on how he does as a HC and not on his contract.

LOL who the **** cares?? Doesn't impact player contracts or the salary cap at all.

To me this signifies how much the thought process has changed within ownership. Finally a full commitment to building a sustainable winning product. No more quick fixes or outrageous contracts to players looking for one final payday in a tax free haven, known as Florida. It took the Cleveland Browns over a decade to finally turn things around. I admire the huge collection of draft picks and enormous amounts of cap space available to re-sign their own or go put and get the final piece? Miami needed this type of commitment from Flores and from the Franchise itself. He's been with NE since Tom Brady started, so he knows what's at stake. He knows the type of vision that's needed to rebuild. Good Luck!!!
It didn’t take the Brown “10 years” to turn it around.

It took one badass stud QB.

Sometimes it takes 10 years to realize the obvious.

Unfortunately it took us 20

Great.

Year one is essentially a learning experience and nothing more. I agree that this signals that "tanking" the first year was agreed upon, which makes me very excited going forward.

Usually the 5th year is an option though and not guaranteed. Personally. It's not part of the team cap so I could care less.
Gase signed a 5-year. No option for the 5th year.

I don't really care either. I was just trying to prevent that people read more into it than is really necessary. Coaches like that are basically on a 3 or 4 year contract. Show improvement or you are on the hot seat.

Five year contract
1)year to play tank commander
4)years to get it right

Gase signed a 5-year. No option for the 5th year.

I don't really care either. I was just trying to prevent that people read more into it than is really necessary. Coaches like that are basically on a 3 or 4 year contract. Show improvement or you are on the hot seat.
Maybe it's just a dolphins thing then. I heard on xm radio today that every other coach in the league got a 4 year deal with a team option for 5.

Back
Top Bottom