Flores evaluating not tanking | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores evaluating not tanking

I know the pick is not until next year. It doesn't matter which year the 2nd round pic is used by Arizona. The Dolphins still gave it up to get Rosen. Instead of Miami taking another player with that pick, they will have Rosen on their roster. Hence, they gave up that pick.

the first half of the pats game was a very solid effort by the Fins, in fact 13 points came of pick sixes or ints, i was pleased to see the response of several players on defense (jenkins, lammons, Baker, Wilks) I support Flores totally on what he is doing, this is an evaluating season not a tanking one it really does not matter if we finish dead last or not we have 14 picks in the draft and tanking or not we will finish with #1 or #2 overall.
now talking a bit about what I observed today, I do see that Rosen has a nice command and threw two beautiful bombs to Grant and Williams that were dropped inexplicably, another nice pass to Parker also dropped, my thinking is that his ball comes with a lot more pace and force, who knows why WR´s dropped almost all of his passes I think its time to see Rosen in complete quarters of the game not just series.

Liked Preston Williams again so bad he dropped the best pass in the game, Liked the Dline in general and LB's.

Did not like Jakeem Grant bad game for him, Ballage is not better than Drake and it showed clearly.

Preston Williams looks like a 1 drop per game guy. He's talented but you cannot be dropping balls like that in the NFL. Opportunities are few and far between, so you need to take advantage of every one. He needs to work endlessly on his hands and concentration.

Grant has never really done it for me. I like how incredibly quick he is but he's so small, so his catch radius is tiny and he doesn't break any tackles. He's a change of pace or gadget guy who can be a nice compliment on occasion but he just got paid 6M to be what exactly?

Ballage - i won't beat this one to death. I continue to stand by my draft day opinion of that pick.

Preston Williams looks like a 1 drop per game guy. He's talented but you cannot be dropping balls like that in the NFL. Opportunities are few and far between, so you need to take advantage of every one. He needs to work endlessly on his hands and concentration.

Grant has never really done it for me. I like how incredibly quick he is but he's so small, so his catch radius is tiny and he doesn't break any tackles. He's a change of pace or gadget guy who can be a nice compliment on occasion but he just got paid 6M to be what exactly?

Ballage - i won't beat this one to death. I continue to stand by my draft day opinion of that pick.

Spot on.

Thank you. Jesus Christ, the stupidity.
Here's the thing though... ANY QB that plays for the Dolphins will be put in an impossible situation. No offensive line, no RB, no receivers... Even Brady would fail miserably. On the other hand, Rosen had 2 perfect deep TD passes that were outright dropped. Nevermind... Rosen should start. Trade that #1 pick away instead of wasting it on future bust Tua. With that haul plus the fleecing of the Texans, Miami could rebuild quickly.

Go back to the thread posted in here the day they signed the guy. I said he was just a body. That’s literally all he is. A number drawing a paycheck - same as about 50 others.

Realistically, how many players on this team would be major contributors on a championship caliber roster? Howard obviously. Past him...I guess Drake would be a solid second RB, I could see Albert Wilson being a guy that got touches on a good team. Maybe Baker. Fitzpatrick. Who else is even in the conversation? So that's, what, maybe 5 guys that are proven enough to say they could provide something to a good team?

I think that is exactly what you will see. It is no accident that we have seen him late in both games. Flores knows we aren't going to be in position to win many games, so it's easy to work Rosen in when the game is out of hand (like after halftime) on a regular basis. In fact, I think this may have been the plan all along.

The staff can go over the film with Rosen, on the few plays he gets, and will have time do disect them in depth, building on them every week. Not a bad plan actually, given the situation. He got more snaps this week than last. Maybe he gets even more this week. If that is truly the thought process, I can see it. This way, there is absolutely zero pressure on JR, as the games are unwinnable when he goes in.

agreed bro, hopefully it pans out as it´s planned

Thank you. Jesus Christ, the stupidity.
if you think that to evaluate a second year QB yo throw him to the sharks with no OLINE you must be very young or you just dont understand a lot of things about the complexity of this game. that is why Fitzpatrick is the starting QB .... OR DO YOU REALLY THINK FLORES THINKS FITZ IS THE ANSWER ?????? LOL . JESUS.

if you think that to evaluate a second year QB yo throw him to the sharks with no OLINE you must be very young or you just dont understand a lot of things about the complexity of this game. that is why Fitzpatrick is the starting QB .... OR DO YOU REALLY THINK FLORES THINKS FITZ IS THE ANSWER ?????? LOL . JESUS.

Did you watch the game today? There were PLENTY of dropbacks where Fitzpatrick had time to throw.

And if your assessment is correct, why is Flores throwing Rosen to the wolves two weeks in a row when the defense can tee off on him with a 5 TD lead?

The Rosen Deep Ball was not a perfect throw, he led the ball to far to the sideline and would have been incomplete even if Preston Brought it in, if he led him more inside could have been a big play (Williams had a step on the corner and the safety)

The one to Jakeem was a dime though, Jakeem has sucked bad this year. Muff punt, bad drop, complete non factor on offense

Back
Top Bottom