Flores evaluating not tanking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores evaluating not tanking

realdolphin

Starter
Reaction score
the first half of the pats game was a very solid effort by the Fins, in fact 13 points came of pick sixes or ints, i was pleased to see the response of several players on defense (jenkins, lammons, Baker, Wilks) I support Flores totally on what he is doing, this is an evaluating season not a tanking one it really does not matter if we finish dead last or not we have 14 picks in the draft and tanking or not we will finish with #1 or #2 overall.
now talking a bit about what I observed today, I do see that Rosen has a nice command and threw two beautiful bombs to Grant and Williams that were dropped inexplicably, another nice pass to Parker also dropped, my thinking is that his ball comes with a lot more pace and force, who knows why WR´s dropped almost all of his passes I think its time to see Rosen in complete quarters of the game not just series.

Liked Preston Williams again so bad he dropped the best pass in the game, Liked the Dline in general and LB's.

Did not like Jakeem Grant bad game for him, Ballage is not better than Drake and it showed clearly.

I think its time to see Rosen in complete quarters of the game not just series.

I think that is exactly what you will see. It is no accident that we have seen him late in both games. Flores knows we aren't going to be in position to win many games, so it's easy to work Rosen in when the game is out of hand (like after halftime) on a regular basis. In fact, I think this may have been the plan all along.

The staff can go over the film with Rosen, on the few plays he gets, and will have time do disect them in depth, building on them every week. Not a bad plan actually, given the situation. He got more snaps this week than last. Maybe he gets even more this week. If that is truly the thought process, I can see it. This way, there is absolutely zero pressure on JR, as the games are unwinnable when he goes in.

If an HC isn’t actively trying to win a game with what he has in games that count, no matter how futile that may be, they aren’t HC material...

You think the HC of Appalachian State has that mentality when lining up against a top ranked NCAA team?

If an HC isn’t actively trying to win a game with what he has in games that count, no matter how futile that may be, they aren’t HC material...

You think the HC of Appalachian State has that mentality when lining up against a top ranked NCAA team?
We are going to witness a 16 game preseason!

If he was truly evaluating he’d be starting Rosen and not a 40 year old never was.
Game 5.
We need to give the OL time to resemble a pro unit after all of the changes at the end of the preseason. Waiting until game 5 also gets 4 brutal opponents off of the schedule.

Last edited:
Why give up a 2nd round pick for Rosen if you don't want to see how he performs in a full game and in all different situations (i.e. 2 minute offense)?
We moved the second round pick to next year so we didn't really give it up.

Rosen starts next week earlier than most wanted him too so the plan is in effect just early.

Back
Top Bottom