Flores evaluating not tanking | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores evaluating not tanking

Game 5.
We need to give the OL time to resemble a pro unit after all of the changes at the end of the preseason. Waiting until game 5 also gets 4 brutal opponents off of the schedule.

Is this the same line of reasoning when Gase had special plays design and were saving them? Not that you said but everyone gave the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt when they shouldn’t have...

Did you watch the game today? There were PLENTY of dropbacks where Fitzpatrick had time to throw.

And if your assessment is correct, why is Flores throwing Rosen to the wolves two weeks in a row when the defense can tee off on him with a 5 TD lead?
[/QUOTE

Sorry but I could not see more than maybe 2 dropbacks with decent time to throw, Flores is just watching what the kid can do, his composure, intangibles etc on real game situations, nothing more. I don´t think its time yet to put him as a starter. just my opinion.

the first half of the pats game was a very solid effort by the Fins, in fact 13 points came of pick sixes or ints, i was pleased to see the response of several players on defense (jenkins, lammons, Baker, Wilks) I support Flores totally on what he is doing, this is an evaluating season not a tanking one it really does not matter if we finish dead last or not we have 14 picks in the draft and tanking or not we will finish with #1 or #2 overall.
now talking a bit about what I observed today, I do see that Rosen has a nice command and threw two beautiful bombs to Grant and Williams that were dropped inexplicably, another nice pass to Parker also dropped, my thinking is that his ball comes with a lot more pace and force, who knows why WR´s dropped almost all of his passes I think its time to see Rosen in complete quarters of the game not just series.

Liked Preston Williams again so bad he dropped the best pass in the game, Liked the Dline in general and LB's.

Did not like Jakeem Grant bad game for him, Ballage is not better than Drake and it showed clearly.
If this isn’t a tank we are in big trouble

Is this the same line of reasoning when Gase had special plays design and were saving them? Not that you said but everyone gave the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt when they shouldn’t have...

I can't comment on what Gase or others might have been thinking. I do, however, think holding Rosen back for a few more games is wise. Twelve games should be plenty for a proper evaluation.

If he was truly evaluating he’d be starting Rosen and not a 40 year old never was.
Hey, I posted almost the same thing (minus the faces, nice touch!) in another thread a week or so ago. Mine had Phase 1 "Collect Draft Picks" and I had Coach Flo looking on with Fitz in front and Rosen off to the left, but essentially the same idea. Like what you've done to it @TarHeelFinFan !

Go back to the thread posted in here the day they signed the guy. I said he was just a body. That’s literally all he is. A number drawing a paycheck - same as about 50 others.
I wouldn't put it past Flores picked up a couple Patriots players just to have them in the locker room. Seeing that they have been in the system. Doing things "the Patriot way", even if they weren't top tier players. Remember, it's not just "do your job", you have to know EVERYONE'S job. It's a lot to digest. I still believe there is a lot of thinking going on out on the field, instead of just reacting.

I wouldn't put it past Flores picked up a couple Patriots players just to have them in the locker room. Seeing that they have been in the system. Doing things "the Patriot way", even if they weren't top tier players. Remember, it's not just "do your job", you have to know EVERYONE'S job. It's a lot to digest. I still believe there is a lot of thinking going on out on the field, instead of just reacting.

yes, this is a work in progress, Flores needed players that already knew how to play the scheme. it will take time but i´m actually excited to watch how they progress and put the pieces together.

The Rosen Deep Ball was not a perfect throw, he led the ball to far to the sideline and would have been incomplete even if Preston Brought it in, if he led him more inside could have been a big play (Williams had a step on the corner and the safety)
The William's drop was more than a catchable ball...

Did you watch the game today? There were PLENTY of dropbacks where Fitzpatrick had time to throw.

And if your assessment is correct, why is Flores throwing Rosen to the wolves two weeks in a row when the defense can tee off on him with a 5 TD lead?
Could it be about calling protections, and reading the D?

We already know he can hand off.

He knows the Oline needs fixing, he will play Rosen more and more, he is doing the right thing, Fitzpatrick is perfect for the start of games.
That’s true but it’s not doing Rosen any favors to enter a game with no hope of a comeback. Defense just going all out after him

I can deal with playing Pats trash like Rowe and Wiltz if we are tanking.

If he is evaluating them instead of tanking? Then he clearly isnt qualified for his job.

the first half of the pats game was a very solid effort by the Fins, in fact 13 points came of pick sixes or ints, i was pleased to see the response of several players on defense (jenkins, lammons, Baker, Wilks) I support Flores totally on what he is doing, this is an evaluating season not a tanking one it really does not matter if we finish dead last or not we have 14 picks in the draft and tanking or not we will finish with #1 or #2 overall.
now talking a bit about what I observed today, I do see that Rosen has a nice command and threw two beautiful bombs to Grant and Williams that were dropped inexplicably, another nice pass to Parker also dropped, my thinking is that his ball comes with a lot more pace and force, who knows why WR´s dropped almost all of his passes I think its time to see Rosen in complete quarters of the game not just series.

Liked Preston Williams again so bad he dropped the best pass in the game, Liked the Dline in general and LB's.

Did not like Jakeem Grant bad game for him, Ballage is not better than Drake and it showed clearly.
FWIW, that pass to Williams you're talking about would not have been a catch either way. He'd have landed with at least one foot out of bounds and it wasn't as easy a catch as it seemed.

Back
Top Bottom