Flores is a hell of a coach & postives | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores is a hell of a coach & postives

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Flores is a hell of a coach hes head and shoulders above Gase.

Laird,Needham,Van Ginkel,Ford all played really good.

Colbert is a very interesting safety imo as well he seems huge.

I was disappointed on Fitz in the redzone missing Gesicki twice but Fitz was awesome with the pressure he was getting.

Fitz was pretty mediocre and one legitimate play from the QB today, which we really did not get all game long, would have been the difference. He sailed too many passes with an opportunity for 6 and even his completions were fairly bad throws.

There are a of of good signs with Flores but IMO the true test comes when players are competent and wins take on a whole new meaning. And not 3-10 considered much of an achievement due to lower standard of players talent and expectation in the basement from the start.

So next season with hopefully actual talent we can get a much better assessment of just how good Flores is. Something which IMO can't get here soon enough. But very satisfied with the job being done especially with the consideration that this is Flores's first year as a Head Coach.

Flores has shown to be a good gameday coach but I still doubt his ability to make the big scope decisions that will allow you to actually build a solid base to have a successful season.

Two things keep good assistants and coordinators from being good head coaches. One is gameday (Flores seems to have that). The other is personnel decisions and deciding who to play when. Flores hasn't had to do that this year with any consequence and its going to be vastly different when the expectation won't be just musical chairs to find diamonds in the rough but actually having to ride with guys that can earn you a playoff spot. Flores is going to end the year having 0 experience at that despite a year of coaching and his management of the QB position, RB position, and the defensive backs really, really make me question his ability to do that when he has to.

Fitz shows the benefit of playing QB with house money. He can just throw it up to to the best of his ability since there a Harvard educated guy knows he's got nothing to lose if he plays poorly or makes a mistake. Consequently a guy who has made his career out of making splash plays but also being a choke artist with no real success over his entire career has probably increased his stock for another year. Just because he exceeds expectations when playing with house money doesn't mean you can build a winner around him, and he shows the benefit of house money. Flores is playing with house money.

It’s no secret I was critical of him coming into the season and through much of the season, but the past month and a half he has proven his worth. Seeing him get heated and vocal with the ref today really resonated with me. I loved to see the passion and fight for the team.

It’s no secret I was critical of him coming into the season and through much of the season, but the past month and a half he has proven his worth. Seeing him get heated and vocal with the ref today really resonated with me. I loved to see the passion and fight for the team.

shhh, there are posters around here accusing him of tanking

Back
Top Bottom