Flores is a hell of a coach & postives | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores is a hell of a coach & postives

im saying that if cleo lemon was the starting qb for this team we would be winless and if fitz was the qb for that team they'd have a better record than us. fitz is why we have 3 wins, not like thats anything to brag about

I don't know about that either, did you see how Fitz looked in the 1st few games?

Miami's O-Line has actually been doing a better job, Parker all of a sudden has become a Superstar, Gesicki has become a quality TE that deserves attention.

Not saying that Fitz doesn't deserve credit, but he is a very up and down QB through his career, kind of miraculous that all of a sudden the light turned on because of what he has done.

Cameron would not have helped Fitz in my opinion, in fact after a few bad games, he probably would have sat him, and kept him on the bench.

we can’t just cherry pick years to use this logic though.

plenty of us got aired out when we said the 2017 season was just a product of a weak schedule and lousy wins

I mean you play the schedule you are given so I don’t want to downgrade that part of it. Maybe I should have just said I think timing wise Miami’s benefited from when they’ve played these teams.

Reactions: A1.
I don't know about that either, did you see how Fitz looked in the 1st few games?

Miami's O-Line has actually been doing a better job, Parker all of a sudden has become a Superstar, Gesicki has become a quality TE that deserves attention.

Not saying that Fitz doesn't deserve credit, but he is a very up and down QB through his career, kind of miraculous that all of a sudden the light turned on because of what he has done.

Cameron would not have helped Fitz in my opinion, in fact after a few bad games, he probably would have sat him, and kept him on the bench.

think thats a bit extreme in describing them but both have been playing much better and the oline doesnt look as much as a train wreck as it did earlier. i think, especially when you see what tannys doing, thats a testament to how bad the coaching has been here with gase, philbin, lazor etc. The jets are a complete dumpster fire and will continue to be that way as long as gase is there. are philbin and lazor even in the league anymore?

not really sure the light has turned on for fitz either...hes a streaky qb. hes gonna have some quality games and some really bad ones. when hes on, as shown, he gives his team a chance to win, especially when the opposing qb isnt very good

Last edited:
"Very few" is too extreme

Maybe it is, but my point is, if not for good coaching, this is a 1 or 0 win roster.

Our O-line is just barely hanging on with young inexperienced players, and cast-offs from other teams.

We have no real starting RB.

Each week we're scrounging up enough talent to put on the field at Receiver, and our best right now, was a Receiver most everyone gave up on as early as this pre-season.

At QB we have a journeyman that is known to be hot and cold, and a young 2nd QB that had a very bad year 1.

At TE, we have two 2nd young TEs that did little last year, and a vet that has been thought to be done.

At DB, we are down to using 3rd or 4th string players to fill the positions.

At LB (Amazingly our best and most consistent position) we have 2 from last year, along with many new faces.

Finally at D-line, we have no real consistent pass-rusher, and teams still at times eat us alive running the ball.

I still say (Though, I agree the very little talent is extreme), the glue to this team is the coaching...This season could have been easily the worst ever.

I mean you play the schedule you are given so I don’t want to downgrade that part of it. Maybe I should have just said I think timing wise Miami’s benefited from when they’ve played these teams.

yeah and your right that it probly carries a little substance. Over the years I’ve kinda gravitated towards no more judging who you beat bc it’s the NFL and there’s just too much variance it teams performance week to week. A win is a win is a win and I just focus on how we played, not who the opponent was anymore.

that being said, it was a see if we can make chicken salad out of chicken **** season and I think they’ve accomplished that for the most part. Over achieved in certain areas too. Some close losses as well. I agree that I think we have a staff down here, but I don’t wanna judge these wins too hard bc it’s still a roster full veggies that didn’t make the shelf at the market

I agree with what you said, except that we have 0 RBs, Patrick Laird is a perfect 3rd down back. He hits the hole hard, refuses to go down easy, has a good moves to speed ratio if he finds open space, and most important, he is a very good receiver out of the backfield.

He is perfect 3rd down back on a team with zero RB's
I mean c'mon I like the guy he looks ok but we had much better when year began

He is perfect 3rd down back on a team with zero RB's
I mean c'mon I like the guy he looks ok but we had much better when year began

Laird is not a starting RB, but we are going to one way or another get a quality starting RB in the off-season, and when we do, Laird has all the qualities you expect to have in a 3rd down back.

This is the twilight zone, I swear. We beat a couple of very bad teams and somehow it’s indicative of Flores being this great coach. I’m not saying he’s bad yet, and I’d be willing to give him a pass for this year too but I’m not frowning him the guy until we win something.

remember in 16 when gase had this team actually winning? People complained they played bad teams. That stretch, we looked good and I was almost sold on gase. I gave him a playoff pass when tannehill went down and appreciated how he called plays to hide Moore because he’s garbage but look what happened after, total breakdown In play calling. Numerous HORRIBLE game plans, a refusal to the fix the line in three years or call plays to help the pass pro, jay cutler, basically he got exposed. See NY jets dumpster fire season.
Gase was cancer. Flores is a strange bump. Gotta wait, test and see.

Do you even watch football? There’s no arm talent. The qb situation was solved and we traded the arm talent away.

His ball placement, timing, and ability to fit ball in tight windows is more impressive than any young QB I've seen come through the Dolphins ranks. Massively better than Henne and Tannehill at this point in their careers. It took Tannehill five years to develop regular touch and Henne never did. And I've watched plenty other young QBs around the league who, some who performed really well for stretches, who lacked the ability to really pass the ball.

There are flaws in Rosen's game, namely field awareness and game speed, that might hold him back. It won't be arm talent. The thing is, he won't ever get better at his weaknesses without playing time, and his unfortunate and unique career path so far will make it pretty hard to overcome.

We can spout all this BS about playing the best player, best chance to win, but its asinine that the one position that we desperately needed to figure out this season is the only darn position where we aren't giving youth a chance to play. Yeah Fitz is clearly better than Rosen at this point in this offense, because while I don't think Fitz is the best QB out there, he's entire right in his own assessment that his set of skills make him ideal for this team. He plays the game fast and throws it up quickly, playing carefree and not worrying about mistakes, which ironically causes less mistakes at time. You may think Rosen sucks, and he might, but Kalen Ballage sucks (and he was playing ahead of Drake just because Drake wouldn't extend. Magically Drake played more when we needed to increase trade value). Charles Harris sucks. Nearly every no name out there sucks, and we've been cycling through players like wildfire just to see what they can do. We've benched lineman doing ok for guys like Davenport who clearly suck worse but who who want to evaluate before the end of the season. We do all that, but we can't start a young QB.

His ball placement, timing, and ability to fit ball in tight windows is more impressive than any young QB I've seen come through the Dolphins ranks. Massively better than Henne and Tannehill at this point in their careers. It took Tannehill five years to develop regular touch and Henne never did. And I've watched plenty other young QBs around the league who, some who performed really well for stretches, who lacked the ability to really pass the ball.

There are flaws in Rosen's game, namely field awareness and game speed, that might hold him back. It won't be arm talent. The thing is, he won't ever get better at his weaknesses without playing time, and his unfortunate and unique career path so far will make it pretty hard to overcome.

We can spout all this BS about playing the best player, best chance to win, but its asinine that the one position that we desperately needed to figure out this season is the only darn position where we aren't giving youth a chance to play. Yeah Fitz is clearly better than Rosen at this point in this offense, because while I don't think Fitz is the best QB out there, he's entire right in his own assessment that his set of skills make him ideal for this team. He plays the game fast and throws it up quickly, playing carefree and not worrying about mistakes, which ironically causes less mistakes at time. You may think Rosen sucks, and he might, but Kalen Ballage sucks (and he was playing ahead of Drake just because Drake wouldn't extend. Magically Drake played more when we needed to increase trade value). Charles Harris sucks. Nearly every no name out there sucks, and we've been cycling through players like wildfire just to see what they can do. We've benched lineman doing ok for guys like Davenport who clearly suck worse but who who want to evaluate before the end of the season. We do all that, but we can't start a young QB.

Rosen is garbage. Sorry. Show me film that proves other wise. The cardinals got rid of him, we benched him on a garbage team for a 56 year old bum. Rosen wasn’t even good in college. He’s a second or third round talent that was over draft

dont know why henne came into this but he’s better than Rosen. Henne got a raw deal with coaching and the light never came on bright enough.

don’t know how you can still down play how great tannehill is as a talent when he’s shattering your garbage 7 year narrative.

Rosen is garbage. Sorry. Show me film that proves other wise. The cardinals got rid of him, we benched him on a garbage team for a 56 year old bum. Rosen wasn’t even good in college. He’s a second or third round talent that was over draft

dont know why henne came into this but he’s better than Rosen. Henne got a raw deal with coaching and the light never came on bright enough.

don’t know how you can still down play how great tannehill is as a talent when he’s shattering your garbage 7 year narrative.

There was tape breakdown on this site when we first aquired him showing him in a pretty positive light so it does exist

There was tape breakdown on this site when we first aquired him showing him in a pretty positive light so it does exist
Anyone who says Rosen has a "trash" arm, can just be categorically dismissed as agenda driven bias.

My biggest concern is does he have the ability to make the reads, and process that information quickly. He is purportedly intelligent, but that isn't the same thing as quickly, and decisively making correctly executing the play.

I have to chalk some if that up to poor coaching. How much? Well, that is the million dollar question.

Last edited:
Anyone who says Rosen has a "trash" arm, can just be categorically dismissed as agenda driven bias.

My biggest concern is does he have the ability to make the reads, and process that information quickly. He is purportedly intelligent, but that isn't the same thing as quickly, and decisively making the correctly.

I have to chalk some if that up to poor coaching. How much? Well, that is the million dollar question.

growing pains are to be expected but also performances like by Lock on Sunday
I wish they would move in a forward direction and away from the prehistoric times as we are doing

My biggest concern is does he have the ability to make the reads, and process that information quickly. He is purportedly intelligent, but that isn't the same thing as quickly, and decisively making correctly executing the play.

RT17 was better at every point in his career. Why hate him and go nuts over this trash player that’s going to be on his third team in three seasons? If they couldn’t play him over Fitz, he’s garbage.

RT17 was better at every point in his career. Why hate him and go nuts over this trash player that’s going to be on his third team in three seasons? If they couldn’t play him over Fitz, he’s garbage.
That's the third time you have recently accused me of being a RT hater, with no basis for the statement.

I like Tanny. Above average QB. Good guy on and off the field. Can make every throw with authority. I've never rooted against him, and hope he is successful in the rest of his career, except if he plays the fins.

The only negative thing I've ever said about him was that his lack of pocket awareness limited his ceiling, and I stand by that, so get off the RT basher narrative.

The fact is, he is no longer, for whatever reason, on this team. What's the point if bringing him into conversations about the present situation?

Back
Top Bottom