Flores is a hell of a coach & postives | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores is a hell of a coach & postives

That's the third time you have recently accused me of being a RT hater, with no basis for the statement.

I like Tanny. Above average QB. Good guy on and off the field. Can make every throw with authority. I've never rooted against him, and hope he is successful in the rest of his career, except if he plays the fins.

The only negative thing I've ever said about him was that his lack of pocket awareness limited his ceiling, and I stand by that, so get off the RT basher narrative.

The fact is, he is no longer, for whatever reason, on this team. What's the point if bringing him into conversations about the present situation?
There is a small group of butt hurt tanny lovers that absolutely troll every tread to make sure they bring him into the conversation. I thought once he was traded they would quiet down. I was wrong.

If Miami wins this week I wonder what the excuse will be, the giants should NOT be a two win team. They have a tons of talent; Shurmur is a garbage coach who cant maximize talent and is going the other way with losing 9 straight hopefully 10 straight after this week, YEAH I SAID IT.

Flo does not have expectations I cannot argue that he does. But to take a bunch of UDFA which I believe is 42% of the roster just let that sink in, a 3-5 win season regardless of who you beat is a hell of a coaching job. I get some of you are jaded and we all were burnt by Gase and his success in year one but time to hit reset with your fandom. Not saying you need to blindly root and disregard the past but for the first time in a loooong time there is action to back up words...the organization has hit reset and is attacking this roster by turning over every rock for players and building cap and draft capital to build to today's NFL. A HUGE part, a much bigger part than lots of people will recognize, is a good coaching staff who develops players and builds a culture to push the entire roster in one direction. That is what appears to be happening now with Flo and his staff, have there been mistakes? Of course; thats part of his development too. I dont get some of the decisions but I am not in the room when the game plan and other elements are decided and implemented. So I personally will refrain from being an armchair GM/Coach/QB who bats 1000 like so many people on here seem to be.

Sparano (RIP) was fist pumping FGs, but he was a details guy, cant remember if his game plans were great or if development was one of his things. I think he would have been a good coach for a vet team who just needs to button things up but most agree that was Parcells team and he was a figurehead.

Philbin was over his head and had no idea what he wanted the team to be, development or putting guys in the proper position was never something he really did or seemed to find important.

Gase was exciting because he was one of the young offensive minded guys and while his offense showed promise in year one, it quickly became apparent that he gave ZERO ****S about defense. And one thing I hope we can all agree on is that the great HCs are big picture guys who delegate to the staff and give input and adjustments as needed. BB, Harbaugh, Carrol, Reid all manage the entire team. If there is an issue with one element they go watch, make up the plan of how they want to address it; then leave it to their staff. Gase had no hand in the D, and he and his DC had way to much arrogance and no humility or introspection. Neither changed their style to fit what was working or highlighted players to succeed. They wanted to the players to fit their scheme not use the players to their strengths within the scheme.

SO FAR, Flo has shown he is willing to admit when he is wrong doesn't have to much bravado or desire to puff his chest. He might have flubbed some personnel decisions in our eyes but we are not at practice and have no idea of the game plan and what elements they needed to perform them. So stop acting like stats alone should make a decision for a coach. Having worked in a different professional sport at one time there is soooooo much more than the public ever will know or understand about the daily operations and player decisions made, and it was the much more straight froward sport of Baseball.

So consider this quote about history...

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past." Thomas Jefferson

Lets get the Giants to the #1 pick then trade with them with some of the draft capital we have for the next two years. Go FINS!

Last edited:
There is a small group of butt hurt tanny lovers that absolutely troll every tread to make sure they bring him into the conversation. I thought once he was traded they would quiet down. I was wrong.

Just like those who want to bring up 'Miami COULD HAVE HAD Brees.' Or pick-your-favorite-name. All of them should let it go. It's done. Over.
Regardless, this is the Flo era. None of those moves have any relevance. The quality of play from the last 2-3 weeks compared to the first four is obvious, even with a worse roster. I can't image any non-agenda fan not being encouraged by what has been seen to date. Admittedly, 'encouraged' doesn't equate to 'will be,' but Fin fans haven't seen this type HC since Shula.

That's the third time you have recently accused me of being a RT hater, with no basis for the statement.

I like Tanny. Above average QB. Good guy on and off the field. Can make every throw with authority. I've never rooted against him, and hope he is successful in the rest of his career, except if he plays the fins.

The only negative thing I've ever said about him was that his lack of pocket awareness limited his ceiling, and I stand by that, so get off the RT basher narrative.

The fact is, he is no longer, for whatever reason, on this team. What's the point if bringing him into conversations about the present situation?
Did the same to me, lol. I guess he doesn't check post history

Chris Tomasson

@christomasson

Fritz Pollard Alliance chairman Rod Graves said former Detroit Lions head coach Jim Caldwell is fully healthy now after having taken a medical leave as Dolphins assistant last July. He's on their list as head coach candidate.

Back
Top Bottom