Flores is a hell of a coach & postives | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores is a hell of a coach & postives

If you want to lose a locker room real fast, you throw Rosen out there for absolutely no reason. The players know who the better QB is.

if they do not know the reason shame on them

I agree on Ballage. Fitz is playing because Flo wants to win - games aren't meaningless to him. And why McCain. There are a few decisions I don't understand. That said, his overall body of work is quite impressive.

Yes agree on McCain too
I would argue Rosen will give you a better chance to win going FW
Fitz is shot

Let's not forget that Sparano and Gase started off strong in Miami. Neither ended up being the answer here.

The FACT is that there's absolutely nothing impressive about the job Flores has done yet. The wins have come against either bad or really injured teams...when the season was already over.

It's easy to coach and play this game when you don't have the pressure of getting to the playoffs on the line. It also helps that his owner has essentially given him a pass for anything that happens this year.

You literally contribute nothing to any thread. At this point you are a broken record of doom and gloom.

I fully agree.

I am more then satisfied with the coaching staffs performance with the roster they have and how they are dealing with the players so far.

The next big test will be FA and the draft. I don't know how the staff will be involved, but I am sure it will have some degree of involvement with the FO during that time. We won't really know how well we drafted and selected FA players until the season begins and we will have seen:

1) How effective training camp was and how the players performed in training camp.

2) Who we keep on the roster and the practice squad. Over the years I've begun to see the practice squad as a real extension of our rosters depth. I say this because of all the injuries I've seen on teams I've followed and how increasingly teams need to dip into the practice squad for players. Consider that this year some teams are on their 3rd QB.

3) How well the team develops over the season. I'm sure we will have a lot of new faces and recognize that it takes time for that many players to get used to a new system and the men they play next to. I anticipate the team will need at least 3 games for the starters to get fully acclimated to the other members of their squads and those squads to begin working cohesively.

4) How well the team does this next season in terms of division standing, making the playoffs and showing competitiveness each and every game, overcoming adversity such as injuries and bad calls and past history. There is a lot more, but what I am looking for in the end is a team that functions as a team and recovers from problems as opposed to getting overwhelmed by them.

I realize that we can make great strides in one year. I also realize we may need 2 or 3 years of constant and significant improvement in all facets of our game to make it to the super bowl.

In the end, that is what I am looking for!

Knowing Flores's full participation in the up coming player acquisitions is not clearly a known factor. Though would think and do believe that his desires for players acquired will be acknowledged and placed high on the list of the 2020 rebuild in Griers approach to decision making. In steps made this season with Grier, I have been overly surprised and impressed with a direction and preparations made to build a legit and consistent future and not hole replacements for a game here or there. Think Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie in that group brings exceptional support and insight to evaluate and fulfill the needs Flores ends up expressing to the FO.

My hope (fingers crossed) is that Rosen is our Man and FA'cy and Draft making the rebuilding of a top level young OL its focus. I don't understand why the need for quality OL has been put on the back shelf for so long and am hoping a new day of wisdom and insight from Flores and the GM is FINALLY here... Oh ya and get a top line RB in rd 2...JMO..all this would give Rosen a real shot, cause I think they also see he has the talent but at worse and Rosen didn't work out we'd have a solid foundation for the next QB we would bring in ( a must).
But Flores true evaluation must have another year to determine success or failure with the consideration of a realistic level of growth and experience for a guy who's only going into his second year as a NFL Head Coach. But so far signs are good...

I do not think you guys are giving Fitz the respect he deserves. I am totally shocked at how well he is able to do anything behind our o-line. Before he came to Miami, I had little respect for him. Now that I see him play, he has major heart and a truly amazing pocket presence. Putting Rosen out there would be suicide and would hurt him more than help. Look at what Tannehill is doing now that he has a real team around him. No QB would succeed behind the O-Lines we have put on the field the last 10 years.

I had a "wait and see" attitude with Flores. That has changed for me. He's come a long way since the first 4 games. I'm convinced that although as a rookie HC who has made rookie mistakes, he's going to be very good. Why? He's getting a lot from poor talent, he's constantly evaluating talent, and he has not only kept this locker room together, he's got this team playing hard every week. I'm excited to see what he may do with a decent/good roster.

I do not think you guys are giving Fitz the respect he deserves. I am totally shocked at how well he is able to do anything behind our o-line. Before he came to Miami, I had little respect for him. Now that I see him play, he has major heart and a truly amazing pocket presence. Putting Rosen out there would be suicide and would hurt him more than help. Look at what Tannehill is doing now that he has a real team around him. No QB would succeed behind the O-Lines we have put on the field the last 10 years.

I think part of it is he's played so well recently people are disappointed by an average outing

I always loved the Gisecki pick. I was hoping they would draft him out of Penn St. He took a bit of time to get rolling but he's rolling now and he's awesome. I view Rosen in a similar way. He still only 22 years old and he's the real deal when comes to throwing a football. He also has great feet, he super quick in the pocket and has great deep ball accuracy. That things he lacked he getting coached up on. This is so key because he never had this type of coaching. They're building a QB from the ground up with Rosen and I'm excited to see him with an o-line, a RB and some new weapons. Having said that, we're still drafting a QB in the first round. I'm hoping for Tua or Burrow.

I had a "wait and see" attitude with Flores. That has changed for me. He's come a long way since the first 4 games. I'm convinced that although as a rookie HC who has made rookie mistakes, he's going to be very good. Why? He's getting a lot from poor talent, he's constantly evaluating talent, and he has not only kept this locker room together, he's got this team playing hard every week. I'm excited to see what he may do with a decent/good roster.

I'll add it seems a lot of scores/big plays given up are due to miscommunication or missed assignments. Not unusual with backups. If he can get a good secondary AND eliminate the mental errors, the secondary could be good. Now, about the pass rush . . .

I think part of it is he's played so well recently people are disappointed by an average outing
Thats what I do not get, it was not an average outing from Fitz. When his last talented WR got hurt, the only thing we had left was all Fitz and he still almost won. With little chemistry with the WR's, no running game, and a defense that did just enough to keep us in it. The game came down to a Ref call. For such a horrible game, Fitz kept it fun and exciting to watch.

Shame on you for thinking that's a legitimate reason.

Yeah, it is funny that fans think players give a **** about the draft position, players care about their job. They care about the coach putting them in a situation to be successful and have a film they could use to find a job either with the team, or another.

Fitz has shown that he can keep the team in games and win some, giving the players meaningful snaps.

I do not think he has played that well
He avoids pressure well which is the only thing he does do , but his pop gun arm is hindering everything unless you have Parker & Geisecki go for jump balls and you play D the way the Eagles did

Yeah, it is funny that fans think players give a **** about the draft position, players care about their job. They care about the coach putting them in a situation to be successful and have a film they could use to find a job either with the team, or another.

Fitz has shown that he can keep the team in games and win some, giving the players meaningful snaps.

And you know Rosen can't do better?
Many here told me Tanny sucked, Fitz was better
They told me Locke was awful

And now Rosen sucks

Yet some cannot consider that part of the reason our running game is garbage is because the D has ZERO fear of getting beat by the pass

So in my view we would be better with Rosen and we get vital info for next year

Nothing to do with anything else

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom