Flores is a hell of a coach & postives | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores is a hell of a coach & postives

Image OL

T Williams, Trey Smith, Biadasz, Scherff, Davis ?

RB... Jonathon Taylor, Najee Harris

insert QB

my fantasy

Again..same decision maker that put Ballage in front of everyone game after game
Simple fact Flores was FLAT OUT WRONG about that every way you look at it
Having McCain at FS not in slot was FLAT OUT WRONG every way you look at it
So excuse me if i question that again regarding the most average QB you can imagine with weakest arm EVER starting over a 1st round talent in most peoples eyes in a lost season which requires evalution

Ya and we are 3-10 with that 4th pick in the up coming draft. So kind of depends of how you are looking at things.

Gee we could be 7 - 4 or have Rosen coming off the injury list for next season and picking in the mid to high teens
(not that there is a shot in hell that our OL could do such a thing )

Bottom line is there are actually several variables that can make sense. Yours being one also.

We can agree on that part, but my argument by now Rosen could have prog
What a specious view of everything. Jesus...

If Rosen starts, the other team has zero fear of both the run AND the pass. Do you know why Fitz was able to run for so many yards yesterday? I'll just tell you... it's because they had so many guys running back for coverage. By pure definition that's being afraid of the pass.

You act like Rosen is secretly training in an abandoned warehouse somewhere honing his craft and the team won't let him play and actually see all the strides he's making. He's sitting there in practice day after day blowing it like he usually does which is why his *** is on the bench while a geriatric with tired arm still starts for the team because he's STILL better than Rosen is.
Wow.....

Talk about "specious".....

Again..same decision maker that put Ballage in front of everyone game after game
Simple fact Flores was FLAT OUT WRONG about that every way you look at it
Having McCain at FS not in slot was FLAT OUT WRONG every way you look at it
So excuse me if i question that again regarding the most average QB you can imagine with weakest arm EVER starting over a 1st round talent in most peoples eyes in a lost season which requires evalution
The weakest arm ever! What hyperbolic trash... I'll take the guy who knows where to the throw the ball over the guy with a slightly stronger arm. It's how Pennington was runner-up MVP for us while guys like Jamarcus Russell were out of the league 2 seconds after joining it. Arm strength means absolutely jack.

You saw Rosen this year, right? You saw him with Preston Williams and Devante Parker and Gisecki? You saw him unable to pilot anything resembling an offense? You saw him get benched against Buffalo because he couldn't do ANYTHING for a guy who walked right in and almost lead an immediate comeback?

You think he's massively improved after a couple months when he didn't improve from his starts last year to this year over the course of an entire offseason? You're so enthralled with his draft position that it's clouding your judgment. If Rosen was drafted in the 5th round, everybody on this board would've wanted him cut at this point, but because he was drafted in the first round, he deserves a ton of extra chances for some reason when all he's ever done while playing in a game is suck?

Why? Magic? Unsubstantiated hope? Take the L and move on.

Wow.....

Talk about "specious".....
It's specious, huh? Feel free to go back and look at how many 3 and 4 man rushes the Jets threw at us yesterday and then let me know how "specious" my comments really were.

The weakest arm ever! What hyperbolic trash... I'll take the guy who knows where to the throw the ball over the guy with a slightly stronger arm. It's how Pennington was runner-up MVP for us while guys like Jamarcus Russell were out of the league 2 seconds after joining it. Arm strength means absolutely jack.

You saw Rosen this year, right? You saw him with Preston Williams and Devante Parker and Gisecki? You saw him unable to pilot anything resembling an offense? You saw him get benched against Buffalo because he couldn't do ANYTHING for a guy who walked right in and almost lead an immediate comeback?

You think he's massively improved after a couple months when he didn't improve from his starts last year to this year over the course of an entire offseason? You're so enthralled with his draft position that it's clouding your judgment. If Rosen was drafted in the 5th round, everybody on this board would've wanted him cut at this point, but because he was drafted in the first round, he deserves a ton of extra chances for some reason when all he's ever done while playing in a game is suck?

I saw Rosen looking good and bad
At least 3-5 dropped TD's if I recall

Let's not forget that Sparano and Gase started off strong in Miami. Neither ended up being the answer here.

The FACT is that there's absolutely nothing impressive about the job Flores has done yet. The wins have come against either bad or really injured teams...when the season was already over.

It's easy to coach and play this game when you don't have the pressure of getting to the playoffs on the line. It also helps that his owner has essentially given him a pass for anything that happens this year.

Injuries? Anyone using injuries at this point loses credibility. Our team, that started with very little talent to begin with, is a really badly injured team. Any really badly injured team we've beaten probably still has a lot more talent on the field.

Looked again at highlights I would say Fitz's weak ass throw got Parker injured
Good throw he likely doesn't get concussion

We saw Fitzpatrick get benched two weeks in a row for complete ineptitude. We saw Rosen come in and look like the best player on offense for two weeks (though admittedly that was a really low bar).

Yeah he got benched. And that was actually a dumb move by Flores that may have been good in the short term but it was losing the war. Washington was a total team failure. Yeah Fitzpatrick came in and generated instant offense. he's a 15 year veteran who knows how to air it out and the opponent, who had a coaching staff with 9 toes in the grave, wasn't prepared for him. I remember when Sage Rosenfels lead two great comebacks off the bench. I remember Matt Moore leading a nice comeback and then an almost comeback a few weeks later. I remember when Jay Fiedler came in and beat Washington off the bench and then fell flat on his face when we played real opponents towards the end of the season. Lots of QBs come in off the bench and surprise an opponent. It would happen more often but it undermines the starting QB. But Flores never wanted Rosen to be the starting QB, and he had let the team become so unrespectable that he needed to get wins somehow, and he correctly surmised that Fitzpatrick would give us a chance of winning in Washington and probably winning a game or two down the road. It was the safe pick. Flores watched Rosen generate offense three games in a row in the preseason, while Fitz basically played 5 quarters of inept football and then lead a single drive for Flores to anoint him on, and he criticized Rosen's every move in the preseason even when it was the exact same stupid **** that Fitz does recklessly and gets praised for. And then he held him out of preseason week four just to avoid the possibility of Rosen showing him up. And when he did give Rosen a shot he sprung his first start against a red hot team on him on short notice, and he did respectable before adjustments took our ability to do anything away.

All ya'll love Flores right now for some fake kicks, fourth down conversions, and teaching second rate players to not commit penalties. To me, its clear he doesn't know how to make big picture decisions, and that does in most NFL head coaches. He may end up being a good game day coach but will undermine his own chance for success with decisions he makes before the game is played. Even one of the best coaches in the NFL fell flat on his face due to big picture decisions when it came time to follow up overachievement with actual contention.

We saw Fitzpatrick get benched two weeks in a row for complete ineptitude. We saw Rosen come in and look like the best player on offense for two weeks (though admittedly that was a really low bar).

Yeah he got benched. And that was actually a dumb move by Flores that may have been good in the short term but it was losing the war. Washington was a total team failure. Yeah Fitzpatrick came in and generated instant offense. he's a 15 year veteran who knows how to air it out and the opponent, who had a coaching staff with 9 toes in the grave, wasn't prepared for him. I remember when Sage Rosenfels lead two great comebacks off the bench. I remember Matt Moore leading a nice comeback and then an almost comeback a few weeks later. I remember when Jay Fiedler came in and beat Washington off the bench and then fell flat on his face when we played real opponents towards the end of the season. Lots of QBs come in off the bench and surprise an opponent. It would happen more often but it undermines the starting QB. But Flores never wanted Rosen to be the starting QB, and he had let the team become so unrespectable that he needed to get wins somehow, and he correctly surmised that Fitzpatrick would give us a chance of winning in Washington and probably winning a game or two down the road. It was the safe pick. Flores watched Rosen generate offense three games in a row in the preseason, while Fitz basically played 5 quarters of inept football and then lead a single drive for Flores to anoint him on, and he criticized Rosen's every move in the preseason even when it was the exact same stupid **** that Fitz does recklessly and gets praised for. And then he held him out of preseason week four just to avoid the possibility of Rosen showing him up. And when he did give Rosen a shot he sprung his first start against a red hot team on him on short notice, and he did respectable before adjustments took our ability to do anything away.

All ya'll love Flores right now for some fake kicks, fourth down conversions, and teaching second rate players to not commit penalties. To me, its clear he doesn't know how to make big picture decisions, and that does in most NFL head coaches. He may end up being a good game day coach but will undermine his own chance for success with decisions he makes before the game is played. Even one of the best coaches in the NFL fell flat on his face due to big picture decisions when it came time to follow up overachievement with actual contention.
The amount of backing that this QB gets for never breaking 90 QB rating in a single game in his 16 start career is just mind blowing. We're now comparing Fitzpatrick to Rosenfels to try and pop up Rosen. That's what it's come to. It's amusing that you have such a small sample size to choose from by actually bringing up the preseason. ALL OFFSEASON every report out of camp was that Fitzpatrick was CRUSHING Rosen and it wasn't even a competition. You think a few preseason games when nobody cares except fringe NFL players is going to overcome that? It didn't, clearly, because Flores isn't actually a moron.

"Alright team, even though every one of you just spent a month watching Rosen flail along pretending to play QB, he had some decent preseason games so we're going to start him instead. I hope you guys all support him even though you're all going to be sporting career lows in stats that you need in order to get paid."

Come on...

I didn't like the signing of Fitzpatrick and I wanted Rosen to start the whole year because I wanted the #1 pick. I have no doubt in my mind that we'd be sitting here 0-13 if Rosen had continued to be the starter.

That dude is never going to succeed anywhere. He's terrible.

Back
Top Bottom