Flores is looking legit as our Head Coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores is looking legit as our Head Coach

sfloridafan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Some thoughts. I have seen-

Nick Saban lie and leave for Alabama.
Cameron "fail forward."
Tony Sparano - He had heart and passion, but was never able to get the Phins into a deep playoff run. May he rest in peace.
Philbin - Yep.
Gase - The Jets now share our pain.

Now we have Flores. Over the season, we see he has been able to:

Coordinate with the Front Office.

Gets this frankenstein of a roster to give it their all and work together in his vision.

Players are not only buying into his vision, but improving as the season goes on. We now have several undrafted gems who will become the core of what the Miami Dolphins are building going into the end of this season, and into the draft/fa.

They have won 3 games when people were saying this team looked like a 1-15, 0-16 team.

With much of the roster being a complete mess going into the season.

Even if they can't win, the players damn well do every single possible option to get that win until the clock reaches zero.

You know what I see?

He has managed all this, with this roster. I can't wait until we get our draft picks and free agents. Especially once Flores gets a QB he likes, and puts him in a position to excel and win.

I see a promising coach who knows what he is doing, for the first time since I've been watching the Dolphins. I never got to see Shula coach or Marino play, but I've got the feeling Coach Flores is going to be doing incredible things with this team over the next few years.

Last edited:
I will admit, he got on my bad side when he didn't throw that challenge flag on that Preston Williams drop. Which one (Ha!) you ask...the one on the end zone. I didn't care if Jesus Christ told him it would be overturned. It was the 2nd quarter. Losing that TO was less important to standing behind your player on what I saw was a catch (50/50). Since then, he has learned from his mistakes and I can get behind him in this vision he and Grier hopefully have crafted.

guys are getting better and developed correctly. and the team is playing hard. that says a lot about this staff. they have had what 28 new guys on the roster since sept 1? and to have guys actually playing to their potential, and not giving up. they have played harder this year in loses than they did with gase the last two years. flores and staff are coaching guys up and it is a positive atmosphere. I think FA's are going to want to come play here. Hell just watch the post game vids, the guys are having fun. The guys are talking their coaches up and how they want to play for each other. cant say that it was that way in the past. they use to seem to give up when things were bad

Go a step further and say the coaching staff is looking promising. Most are inexperienced but like the players have had their lumps but learning and improving as the season progresses. Certainly not scared to think outside the box with various trick plays like the TD to Sanders. Wouldn't surprise if many stay awhile. Wonder if Caldwell is any chance to return as his experience would be a bonus.

This staff has a team that almost EVERYBODY in the press said was....(the worst team in football history!) playing better than a lot of teams. Incredible
Been saying this for quite some time. I thought if this coach gets one win, he's a genius. Truth be told, this looks like a "TEAM." It's also a reason why you need to have 100% buy-in and people who want to be Dolphins. The great thing is wanting to see what he can do with a team comprised of more skilled players.

I see player development unlike some of our previous iterations lately. I see street free agents competing after 2 weeks in the system, which tells me that this guy hired some real assistant coaches who can teach their respective positions. What if we had some real NFL front line players to work with? Flores look very legit to me...

Back
Top Bottom