Flores is looking legit as our Head Coach | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores is looking legit as our Head Coach

Flores was dealt such a horrible hand, its amazing that we won some games and it seems like his players are playing very hard for him (not giving up). SO thats a plus for sure. that he hasn't lost the locker room Won't go as far as saying he's our next Shula but I see a lot of potential.

Flores is settling in...

I said before that we shouldn't be walking around with our shirts off because we beat the Eagles. The Falcons beat the Eagles as well. We beat a rudderless Jets team who just lost to a team purposely tanking, and an Indy team on their 3rd string QB...and THAT game was close.

Flores is settling in. He's a great Rocky story. Let's see what his Apollo Creed story is like.

I will admit, he got on my bad side when he didn't throw that challenge flag on that Preston Williams drop. Which one (Ha!) you ask...the one on the end zone. I didn't care if Jesus Christ told him it would be overturned. It was the 2nd quarter. Losing that TO was less important to standing behind your player on what I saw was a catch (50/50). Since then, he has learned from his mistakes and I can get behind him in this vision he and Grier hopefully have crafted.

I saw a flat out good decision made by him. It was closer to 90/10 in my eyes. Not disagreeing with you, but simply saying it’s funny how we all interpret.

For me - i was against another belichick hire. Yet he’s proven to have actual intelligence behind his decision making more so than ego, which I found to be the main driver for the spectacular Belichick failures (McDaniels, Weis, Romeo)

Right now Flores is doing what he got do.The two key thing for flores will be ,N.E and how good is bills going forward.

Flores is settling in...

I said before that we shouldn't be walking around with our shirts off because we beat the Eagles. The Falcons beat the Eagles as well. We beat a rudderless Jets team who just lost to a team purposely tanking, and an Indy team on their 3rd string QB...and THAT game was close.

Flores is settling in. He's a great Rocky story. Let's see what his Apollo Creed story is like.

Maybe so, but what he's done to this date is nothing to discount. Many coaches would've failed in this situation, hell, many coaches before him HAVE failed with much more than he has. Flores was given the TOUGHEST job in the NFL this season, and he is proving to be man for the job. Flores has gotten this team to believe in his system and play like a team. Despite the lack of talent and injuries, the team has improved every week. The coaching staff has shown improvement as the season continues. Last week, they finally made good half time adjustments. What I'm most impressed with, is the ability to develop his players, we haven't seen anything like that since when (Shula maybe)????? Player development is how you sustain long-team success. He's checking the boxes, and like you said, settling in, but with the talent level on this team, I discount no win they managed to EARN this season.

The term "leader" comes to mind, something Gase never inspired to me. Gase had more proven talent and more potential talent that many think he squandered or ran out of town. I don't like to compare the two coaches.

Flores is settling in...

He is looking good as I was one of his critics so I am feeling optimistic
Just still cannot fathom not using Drake, sticking with Ballage and Minkah not at FS
There is not one justifiable reason I can see
I may be beating dead horse but would feel so much better with those 2 still here
Our starting safety positions may have been set
Drake as a playmaker allowing us to draft one back
Then focusing solely on OL, DE speed WR for next years starters

Slow down, the fanbase was sky high on Gase after we made the playoff his first year and he was gone 2 seasons later.

Just to illustrate my point about how FH goes nuts with optimism for first year HC, here are some choice comments about Gase late or after his first season:

He cracks me up. If things go well next year I hope the fins try to get him signed to a loooong contract.

Gase is great lifetime contract please

If this team ever "cleans" up the miscues. They will average 30 points a game I swear.

This is what I want in our HC. Never pleased. Always knowing how much we can improve after a win. Really think we have a special coach here and he's the youngest in the league. We may have struck gold.

---

Looks like he got this one right, which is huge for the Miami Dolphins. Everything begins with the coaching staff and Gase looks to be finding his way after a slow start.

I love that the team is being physical and I fully expect Miami to continue to add physical players in the draft and through free agency. Will be tough to make the playoffs this season looking at three teams in the AFC West sitting at 7-2, but the way the team is now playing bodes well for the remainder of this season and the future.

---

The moment I realized Gase is a genius came today on a failed play in OT. 3rd and 5 and Gase sent Sims for a fly pattern deep against much smaller corey white. Gase knew this would be a one on one which it was. Moore just let is sail a little but if it was near Sims east catch. Game over. Odds were in our favor on this play and it just doesn't always work but it was genius. Buffalo thought we would be just trying an out pattern for first down. I love this new mentality we have of going for the jugular occasionally and unexpectedly during games. It is just awesome. Bye the way did anyone notice Gase was the one running up and down sideline telling FG team to get on the field after failed third down near end of game. Urgency is always in his mind. I think we are becoming an elite team slowly but surely over the next few years. Gase is the reason.

---

No ****ing way. This is the EXPECTATION going forward. This is the precedent Gase is setting for this organization. We're lucky to be the playoffs. The team doesn't deserve anything. They have to take it from the rest of the league. THEN talk about Gatorade showers.

I am so glad we have a coach that is not satisfied with mediocrity or letting the little things slip. For a decade we've had coaches creating the slip. Bout time someone with some balls showed up.

Give him a ****ing statue. 10 wins with a 5/6 win roster. ****ig amazing

---

Anyway, I could post another 100 of these but you get the point, Gase did have supporters but many in the fanbase were not thrilled by this hire.

But here we are - on the verge of our first playoff game in almost a decade! With a winning season that nobody predicted even 5 games into the season.

Adam Gase did a remarkable job with a roster that even at full strength we can all admit badly lacked talent. We lost 3 of our very best players in Tannehill, Pouncey and Jones and Gase kept winning games. I know you can point to someone like Bowles who had a good first year as a HC then fell apart in year 2, but with Gase it isn't just the record, its how he achieved that record, how he kept winning games with a roster that kept getting weaker and weaker.

Look I never saw a Don Shula Dolphins team, I can't declare Gase "a young Shula" and I don't think anyone should make that prediction after one year. But I think the future is bright for the Dolphins, if ever get a front office who can build a talented roster then Adam Gase will win Super bowls in Miami. When he had a top O in Denver he didn't just do a good job, he set all time records, at the moment he is finding a way to make do with a bad roster in Miami - just imagine what he could do if we give him a good roster.

The future is bright for the Dolphins - somehow this cluster*** of a franchise found a way to hire Adam Gase.

Well done coach - that was a hell of a rookie season, dragging a 6 win team into the playoffs is something that win or lose v Pitt Dolphins fans should always look back on with pride.

I'm so excited for the future now. He's rejuvenated my passion for football. #thatsmycoach

Adam Gase has been a blessing. We have the next Jim Harbaugh minus the Harbaugh arrogance. The fact that he is so young, means the Dolphins will be very good for a long time. Imagine another season or two when he gets Grier to draft his type of players. Dolphin fans, our suffering is over at last.

He exceeded all expectations. Future looks bright. Culture has changed in Miami.

I saw a flat out good decision made by him. It was closer to 90/10 in my eyes. Not disagreeing with you, but simply saying it’s funny how we all interpret.

I'm sticking with 50/50 from cost/benefit standpoint. There was more to gain by throwing the flag (a touchdown to tighten up the game, a sense of knowing the coach wasn't in on the tank, fighting for your players) than there was in keeping your flag in your pocket (lose a TO and a challenge that wouldn't be needed once we showed our belly in the 2nd half, like we were prone to do.

Slow down, the fanbase was sky high on Gase after we made the playoff his first year and he was gone 2 seasons later.
I disagree. There were many in the fan base that disagreed with the Gase hire from the start. His supporters used going to the playoffs his 1st year as an arguement closer.
There is absolutely no similarity between the two coaches or thier 1st seasons.

He’s doing very good things. Typically I’m scared if NE assistants but I liked Flores from the get go. At the very minimum I figured he would be a good guy to right the ship while the front office rebuilt the roster. He’s looking like he could be much more than that.

Just to illustrate my point about how FH goes nuts with optimism for first year HC, here are some choice comments about Gase late or after his first season:

---

---

---

---

Who the **** are you to tell people they can’t be optimistic about their team.

Who the **** are you to tell people they can’t be optimistic about their team.

People can be optimistic all they want, but to pretend like the same kind of optimism over Gase’s first year didn’t exist is absurd. It’s not reality.

People keep looking at everything with the benefit of hindsight. It’s revisionist history. People pretend like this is the most competent coaching staff they’ve seen in 20 years, yet many of the same people were saying the same exact thing about Sparano and Gase after year 1.

Back
Top Bottom