Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

If I were Chris Grier and Brian Flores, I wouldn't say a word. I'd just start making phone calls for two 1st rounders and a 2nd.
The Jaguars got 2 firsts and a 4th for Jalen Ramsey. At the time of that trade, Ramsey was 3 years younger than Howard is now and didn’t have the injury history of Howard.

I think they could possibly get a first round pick and a mid round pick for Howard but I don’t see them getting 2 first round picks for Howard.

Nothing about his history proves he deserves #1 money. Had he not missed as many games as he has, maybe.
I agree with this. I also think it wouldn't kill the organization to modify the contract to include some more gauranteed $.

Thing is, since we have no idea what, specifically, either side has in mind, it's impossible to say who is being obstinate.

In the end, both sides need to be "reasonable", or it will be a mess.

I think they will come to a compromise.

Just saw this.

So it seems he HAS been hanging out/listening to Reshad Jones. That's a shame.

Then suck it up. Dude just signed a new deal recently

I'm honestly on the fence about it. I understand both sides of the disagreement.

Another thing to consider is that this MIGHT be a good thing for Miami to do as well. If Howard decides to play this season under his contract and balls out AGAIN, what then? Then Howard literally walks into camp in 2022 with only $1.4mm guaranteed. How do we think that's gonna play out?

If the two sides can come together and agree to $8mm and $6mm guaranteed for 2022 and 2023, would that really ruffle anyone's feathers?

X comes in and balls out again he would have more leverage. There is four years left on his deal and Miami gave him the contract in faith with his injury issues.
Basically with 4 years left on his contract, the Dolphins hold all the leverage now and after the next three seasons. All Howard can do is hold out and refuse to play and he would receive no money in that scenario. Otherwise he plays, even if he is unhappy and hopes the Dolphins either reconsider and renegotiate his contract or trade him to a team willing to meet his contract demands.

He has a contract that's what bothers me.....he signed it no one else.
NFL players are about money..NFL Gm are about finding cheap players on first contracts...X is best CB in NFL now..he only got one more big payday left..we as fan dont have no say so in matter.. it will work out in end.

Last edited:
Pay the man. The team isn’t anywhere near as successful without him. He wins games for us that we don’t even realize. 5 years 100 mil. would be a bargain. We go from first to 25th in takeaways without him. And he had (20) of our pass break ups last season. Eric Rowe had (11) of our pass break ups which is almost half. He’s followed by N. Needham at (7) and Ogbah (5), Bobby Mcain (5). So I don’t see how we improve on defense without him. Plus he is still improving as a player.

Back
Top Bottom