Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

I said this last week and got roasted for it..... we should trade Howard now.

He will very likley never have a 10 int season again. Hes got injury history, hes almost 30 and his value will never be higher.

Now he is holding out.

Let's trade this guy and focus on 2022 and 23 where we will actually have the rebuild completed.

Too many dolphins fans think the rebuild is over, when in reality we arnt as good as KC Buf, Cle, Bal. More work needs to be done.

Get the picks, save the cap space and move on from Howard. It is time.
Rebuild is never over.every yr rebuild if u didnt win SB. U not good enough.

how is that different that cutting players on contracts the team signed ???
Because it's built into the CBA the players and union negotiated.

If they don't like it negotiate better next time.

The NFL was sick to death of players who were under contract refusing to play, and since most NFL players hate these guys as much as the owners do... the players agreed to these changes.

If X holds out... he'll be crushed. The Dolphins hold all the cards. X can ask for a trade, but they don't have to honor that.

...and before anyone cries that these rules are 'unfair'. The players themselves AGREED to them to stop this crap.
Who care who hold card. The man is ur best players. Make man happy..nfl pick chose who they want keep happy.i blamed nfl for paying avg qb 30 plus millions..

Incorrect sir.

You don't trade the the best player at a premium position in this sport if you plan on making SB runs.

He can pull a Revis this time. Pay the man and let's go operation lock down on the league this year.
But according to many we aren’t poised for a SB run. We are still 2-3 years away and we need all the draft assets we can get And shouldn’t spend big money on anyone Because our cap space is so precious.

Who care who hold card. The man is ur best players. Make man happy..nfl pick chose who they want keep happy.
Reshad was our best player...

and that signing was a disaster.

It isn't as easy as just keep your best guy, sometimes that best guy has baggage, or a negative personality, or an arrest, or an injury history... and X has ALL of those.

Because it's built into the CBA the players and union negotiated.

If they don't like it negotiate better next time.
What exactly do you believe is built into the CBA? Contracts are between club and player. Teams cut player because a contract is not fully guaranteed. That's the out, not some CBA rule. The team fulfills the guaranteed part only, after that they can cancel the contract at no cost. NFL team utilize this to the max. Player counter it by holding out when guaranteed money runs out. X is pulling the trigger in his renegotiation a bit early. But the way it was structured, it was always meant to be redone.

What exactly do you believe is built into the CBA? Contracts are between club and player. Teams cut player because a contract is not fully guaranteed. That's the out, not some CBA rule. The team fulfills the guaranteed part only, after that they can cancel the contract at no cost. NFL team utilize this to the max. Player counter it by holding out when guaranteed money runs out. X is pulling the trigger in his renegotiation a bit early. But the way it was structured, it was always meant to be redone.
That CBA allows the Dolphins to fine X 50K per day of missed camp, and it is now prohibited for the team to waive those fines.

THAT's why the CBA matters. One of the reasons anyway.

Are we forgetting that X gets roasted by top receivers? DeAndre Hopkins destroyed X. X is not elite, he is good, but because he had 10 easy INTs people dont see that.

The problem with your 2018 comparisons is the fact Ramsey played in all 16 games that season while Howard played in only 12 games. So it makes sense that more throws would have been thrown in Ramey’s area than in Howard’s area that season.

I am not even attempting to compare them in regards to interceptions. Because Howard is clearly the best CB in the league when it comes to interceptions. Even though 17 of his 22 interceptions happened in 2018 and 2020. While he only had 5 interceptions in his remaining three years in the league.

Obviously Howard is underpaid based on his salary compared to the CB’s who are the highest pay in the league. That is why I understand him wanting to renegotiate his contract. I just don’t know if the Dolphins will be willing to restructure his contract.

I understand that he’s “currently” under paid in the league. But I hate the argument because at one time the team took a risk and made him the highest paid at his position. Moreover, it never seems to work the other way around. Specifically, guys don’t give back money(like X when he was hurt and miss a lot of time) when they severely underperform to what they’re being paid.

The problem with your 2018 comparisons is the fact Ramsey played in all 16 games that season while Howard played in only 12 games. So it makes sense that more throws would have been thrown in Ramey’s area than in Howard’s area that season.

I am not even attempting to compare them in regards to interceptions. Because Howard is clearly the best CB in the league when it comes to interceptions. Even though 17 of his 22 interceptions happened in 2018 and 2020. While he only had 5 interceptions in his remaining three years in the league.

Obviously Howard is underpaid based on his salary compared to the CB’s who are the highest pay in the league. That is why I understand him wanting to renegotiate his contract. I just don’t know if the Dolphins will be willing to restructure his contract.
He’s a generational talent. I mean a 48 QB rating. And the guy on the other side has a 108 QBR against last season. I think they will. They definitely want to.

That CBA allows the Dolphins to fine X 50K per day of missed camp, and it is now prohibited for the team to waive those fines.

THAT's why the CBA matters. One of the reasons anyway.
Ugh, I don't want to get back into with you. However, fines have no impact on the topic of contract termination. The team has every right to fine the player. The player has every right to hold out and pay the fine. What the point is termination of a contract by a team after guaranteed money is paid in order to save cap seem to be fine to some. But when the G money is paid you don't think the same applies to the player. I fully disagree. It's a business to both team and player. When G money is gone, either side has to right to address. Now X is going a bit early, but his contract was without doubt written to be renegotiated.

Ugh, I don't want to get back into with you. However, fines have no impact on the topic of contract termination. The team has every right to fine the player. The player has every right to hold out and pay the fine. What the point is termination of a contract by a team after guaranteed money is paid in order to save cap seem to be fine to some. But when the G money is paid you don't think the same applies to the player. I fully disagree. It's a business to both team and player. When G money is gone, either side has to right to address. Now X is going a bit early, but his contract was without doubt written to be renegotiated.
...and by CBA rule, the Dolphins can refuse to do this.

He can ask; they can say, 'no'. If he fails to show up, they can fine him into oblivion.

Dolphins training camp begins on 7/28... first game on Sept 12... 47 days times 50K.

His non-waivable fine would be 2.3 million, just for missing camp. Plus he'd lose an accrued year... and the team wouldn't pay him a salary and would go after his already collected signing bonus.

X might end up owing the Dolphins money... or he could show up.

Back
Top Bottom