Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

News flash!

We are transitioning from a team who had so much money that we threw it at every FA who'd take it, just to get near the cap... we even had money left...

To a team that spent it all.

Now some propose that we spend next year's allotment on a player now... too.

Bad gamblers... 'All in' on the first year's hand.
So now instead of the he's taking money our of his teammates pockets...
Nice try. You seem to constantly post falsehoods. I call you on posting lies but you simply continue to post. (I guess because some novice posters believe you straight up) Then in response to me you slightly alter your lie into some warped new stance. Not to worry, I will continue to call you out with simply to see how you continually change your lie when confronted.

News flash!

We are transitioning from a team who had so much money that we threw it at every FA who'd take it, just to get near the cap... we even had money left...

To a team that spent it all.

Now some propose that we spend next year's allotment on a player now... too.

Bad gamblers... 'All in' on the first year's hand.
So here's Julio Jones taking 15M from Tannehill according to you...lololol

Hypothetical. X ends hold out and plays this year. At end of year when his G money is gone, what do all the X haters want to happen? Trade, cut, restructure or force your best player to play with no G money?

Exactly this. Everything is response to their own speculation:

No one knows what he’s asking for, but if he’s just asking for additional guaranteed money - which considering he played through the entire season, is just saying “just show me some goodwill” then there is nothing wrong with that.
That's nice and all. Reasonable also.

But then to let it known you want to renegotiate and wouldn't mind being traded?

Should have kept it in house, not made it public if he just wanted guaranteed money, which I would have no problem with

Just curious, do I now get to renegotiate the price for his jersey I bought. Since I BELIEVED he'd be here atleast another 4 years I feel deceived.

I want a refund and discounted price now I know he may be gone this year.

Or is he the only one who matters?

But then to let it known you want to renegotiate and wouldn't mind being traded?

Should have kept it in house, not made it public if he just wanted guaranteed money, which I would have no problem with

Just curious, do I now get to renegotiate the price for his jersey I bought. Since I BELIEVED he'd be here atleast another 4 years I feel deceived.

Yes, people with rare valuable skills matter more when it comes to negotiating salary.

Yes, people with rare valuable skills matter more when it comes to negotiating salary.
Not when they just negotiated and want a redo

His skills got him the highest paid CB status. Now he wants it again.

Miami rewarded him and took a chance with his injury history.

Now he should honor the chance they took.

Howard doesn't get paid if fans don't go to games and buy his jersey.

So I ask again Do we get refunds on our jersey purchase if he ends up getting traded for his greed?

He’s not asking for a 5% stake in the franchise.
What, exactly, is he asking for?

What is the team willing to do?

Unless you know the specifics, how can ppl see it as a black and white situation?

I don't mind a restructure, including gauranteed $, with a possible added "signing bonus" to show good faith, but if he is trying to hold the franchise hostage, by demanding being the highest paid DB, it's time to part ways.

I also do not think there is as big of a trade market as many believe.

Any team that takes him, immediately has to make a new contract offer, or they are just investing in a headache.

Talent like Howard needs to be kept.

Period.

How long would you like to keep rebuilding? Because if we keep jettisoning superior talent, we WILL remain mired in mediocrity. If we have to drop a mid-level starter to keep him, then we do it. The difference between an easily replaced guy and his backup IS NOT worth losing our elite cornerback.

He’s not asking for an extra 10mil/year for ****’s sake.
What is he asking?

Is there a reliable source? A link to a statement/tweet by his camp?

For all we know, there is a deal in place, and X didn't see the value in attending minicamp.

If both sides are "reasonable" something will get done. Chances are, neither side will be completely happy about it.

So... just to be clear... anytime a player has a career year, we should tear up his contract?
No but to be fair none of us know the specifics. We are all speculating at this point and we all may be making this out to be a bigger thing than it is…or not 🤔

Could you link me to him saying he wants to be traded? I didn’t know he said that.

Could you link me to him saying he wants to be traded? I didn’t know he said that.
It may be the same article where Solomon Kindley is too fat n sloppy to walk, and Davis and Deiter are competing to see who unseats him at starting LG.

No, it wasn't him saying he wanted to be traded, more he would accept or be ok with it.

Hypothetical. X ends hold out and plays this year. At end of year when his G money is gone, what do all the X haters want to happen? Trade, cut, restructure or force your best player to play with no G money?
Personally, if he ends it, shows up, balls out again, plays all 17 games, I'd guarantee the rest of his contract, and add in some incentives that would move him up the rankings at CB $$. At least he'd be over halfway through his current contract and would have a multi-season pattern of that level of play and consistency.

If he wanted to retire a Dolphin at that point, give him a 5-year deal, first 3 years guaranteed in the neighborhood of top CB money.

Back
Top Bottom