Flores Post Game PC | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Post Game PC

I’ll never understand why we continue to hire coaches who have never been head coaches at any respectable level to be head coaches of this NFL franchise.

Flores has never been a head coach at any level.

Gase had never been a head coach at any level.

Philbin had never been a head coach at any level.

Sparano was the head coach at NEW HAVEN!!

Over and over again. It’s like hiring someone who once bought an iPhone to be the CEO of Apple.

I'd bet that most super bowl winning coaches were assistants at some point in their career. So what difference does it make? Sometimes its like people whine just to whine. smh

I'd bet that most super bowl winning coaches were assistants at some point in their career. So what difference does it make? Sometimes its like people whine just to whine. smh

Whine just to whine? I just listed the terrible
head coaches that Ross has hired since 2008. 11 years. You call that “whining just to whine”?

Laughable.

the guy can barely put two sentences together. He's a horrible speaker. I'm afraid it won't be long before he loses the locker room. A terrible hire. It's likely going to take many of you years (if not until he's fired) before you accept this. I've never seen a worst coached team in my life and hearing him struggle to articulate even the most basic coach speak is troubling.

He got a 5 year guaranteed contract for precisely this reason. He knew exactly how rough this year would be and wanted the security if he would take the job.

People need to CHILL out a bit. A tank job sounds great until the season actually starts, then everyone loses their damn minds. Just chill
Good post, as stated yesterday the last time Miami played the ravens they got beat 40 to 0 and that was with a supposedly playoff caliber team. This team is not good and this year is going to be painful but at least wait 6 games if they look like yesterday in game six then I'd be alarmed. No one knew how bad they would be now we have a clue, let's see if anything changes after game 6.

Watched this PC again and I just get this sense that he doesn't have a grasp on this team. He speaks in pure generalities. Doesn't seem to have much of a plan. It's all just generic coachspeak like "play harder, do a better job.". He sounds like an interim head coach.

Watched this PC again and I just get this sense that he doesn't have a grasp on this team. He speaks in pure generalities. Doesn't seem to have much of a plan. It's all just generic coachspeak like "play harder, do a better job.". He sounds like an interim head coach.

What do you want? Really, what would truly satisfy you? You want him to outline to you specifically everything he is doing behind the scenes? Not gonna happen. Newsflash, the man is pissed. Sometimes when people are pissed, they are very brief. SMH

What do you want? Really, what would truly satisfy you? You want him to outline to you specifically everything he is doing behind the scenes? Not gonna happen. Newsflash, the man is pissed. Sometimes when people are pissed, they are very brief. SMH

I don't want anything at this point, its just an observation. I just don't think he's the guy, and nothing he has done has really changed my mind in the positive direction.

After that kind of historic embarrassment, I'm not sure what the appropriate response is, especially considering the sorry state of the roster, but I know just throwing out generic cliches isn't really doing anything either.

With a rebuild pending I'm sure that turned many potential coaching candidates off of the job. If Flores proves to not be the answer then they'll simply find someone else in a couple of years when the team SHOULD have the qb situation somewhat settled and a much better roster in place. When that time comes it will be a much more attractive job.

Flores was never the guy. He’s a joke. Stupid **** like the TNT wall is a joke. His “I don’t believe in tanking” nonsense is a joke (if you “have a good team” and “would never disgrace the game by tanking” why the hell did you need 5 years guaranteed?). He was nothing but a coffee boy for Bellicheat. Next year or the year after we need to back the Brinks truck up to Clemson, SC and get Dabo Swinney.

With a rebuild pending I'm sure that turned many potential coaching candidates off of the job. If Flores proves to not be the answer then they'll simply find someone else in a couple of years when the team SHOULD have the qb situation somewhat settled and a much better roster in place. When that time comes it will be a much more attractive job.
My worry is that it often means some has been coach wants to ride the potential greatness of a tua but they have no i terest in coaching. The last thing you want are the o'briens, McCarthy or harbaugh. that's the worst mistake we could make. I'm not sweating it until we cross that bridge though

I’ll never understand why we continue to hire coaches who have never been head coaches at any respectable level to be head coaches of this NFL franchise.

Flores has never been a head coach at any level.

Gase had never been a head coach at any level.

Philbin had never been a head coach at any level.

Sparano was the head coach at NEW HAVEN!!

Over and over again. It’s like hiring someone who once bought an iPhone to be the CEO of Apple.

Look at Flores' resume. He should not have even been considered for an NFL head coaching position this off-season. This man should have been going for a coordinator position, possibly at the FBS level.

He could defy expectations and turn out to be a good coach, but he did not have a resume that said he should be an NFL head coach when we hired him.

He sounds like a very basic human to be real frank. Tough guy, worked his way to a decent life, nice story, but no way does he have the sophistication or cognitive sharpness to succeed as a HC in the NFL. He is the type of guy that should have done a stint as a HC at a mid-major college program, or at least as an coordinator before he got a shot at this. But, in these times, qualification means less and less. His speaking ability is comical and his personality is grating. The tough guy routine is fine when you command respect, but he doesn't. He seems very insecure and in too deep. Players will not like him, nor respect him. He is one of the worst hirings I have ever seen, although when Tampa hired Raheem Morris that was nearly as bad. This won't end well for him, he is a sacrificial lamb, I hope he gets very little say on our draft choices, maybe consult him on LBs.

I don't want anything at this point, its just an observation. I just don't think he's the guy, and nothing he has done has really changed my mind in the positive direction.

After that kind of historic embarrassment, I'm not sure what the appropriate response is, especially considering the sorry state of the roster, but I know just throwing out generic cliches isn't really doing anything either.
Weird complaint.

Back
Top Bottom