Flores Post Game PC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Post Game PC

He is an LB coach, bottomline. He was on the bottom of my list of the people the Dolphins reached out to for the position.

If I were to rank the candidates solely based on my first impressions, I'd rank them as follows:
  1. Kris Richard (Has the potential to be truly special IMO)
  2. Mike Munchak (A steady veteran that could compete for the playoffs, but never dominate. Think Wannstedt)
  3. Darren Rizzi (Sparano type, would need very good coordinators to be successful. Already has relationships and respect from players on the team)
  4. Vic Fangio (Seems to be a very good teacher and defensive mind, but doesn't come across as a commanding figure you'd want in a HC)
  5. Eric Bienemy (Reminds me too much of a candidate that is getting looks simply for his role in a prolific offense, but isn't really responsible for it. Not ready yet IMO)
  6. Brian Flores (Doesn't seem to have what it takes to lead an entire team at this point. Way too timid to lead a team. Todd Bowles 2.0)

These were my first impressions:

• Too timid to be a successful HC. Gives me a Todd Bowles vibe.
  • In the 3rd video at the 1:55 mark says that because of his less boisterous nature he didn't always view himself as a leader. That changed when Belichick told him 10 years ago that "if you work hard and put the team first you are a leader." While that may cut it to lead a unit, I don't think that cuts it to lead an entire team. He just seems to lack confidence to me, which is always a bad sign for a HC candidate
  • Does appear to have a strong work ethic, but IMO does not appear to have the command to lead an entire team. Seems like a career coordinator type to me.
---

I warmed up to him a bit once the hire was made because of his story, and seeing the NE performance in the super bowl, but I just can't shake the feeling that he is in over his head. I got the same sense for Philbin early.

I kind of feel bad for him. This will be brutal season for him and I'm not sure his rep recovers unfortunately.

He is an LB coach, bottomline. He was on the bottom of my list of the people the Dolphins reached out to for the position.

These were my first impressions:

• Too timid to be a successful HC. Gives me a Todd Bowles vibe.
  • In the 3rd video at the 1:55 mark says that because of his less boisterous nature he didn't always view himself as a leader. That changed when Belichick told him 10 years ago that "if you work hard and put the team first you are a leader." While that may cut it to lead a unit, I don't think that cuts it to lead an entire team. He just seems to lack confidence to me, which is always a bad sign for a HC candidate
  • Does appear to have a strong work ethic, but IMO does not appear to have the command to lead an entire team. Seems like a career coordinator type to me.
---

I warmed up to him a bit once the hire was made because of his story, and seeing the NE performance in the super bowl, but I just can't shake the feeling that he is in over his head. I got the same sense for Philbin early.

I kind of feel bad for him. This will be brutal season for him and I'm not sure his rep recovers unfortunately.
He got a 5 year guaranteed contract for precisely this reason. He knew exactly how rough this year would be and wanted the security if he would take the job.

People need to CHILL out a bit. A tank job sounds great until the season actually starts, then everyone loses their damn minds. Just chill

Like everyone else, I had hoped some of that Patriot Way stuff would make its way here (and it still might, plenty of other teams have been blown out and gone on to improve). But I have to stand by my sig -- which is why I've still not changed it.

He has this tic where he "ums" after every single sentence he speaks. That doesn't instill confidence.

Public speaking is hard. Not for everyone. I know I'm certainly not the best... but it is essential in leadership. If you aren't an effective communicator, if you come off timid, if you can't communicate your points effectively, that will limit your ability to lead.

I just don't see it with Flores.

He is hamstrung by a historically bad roster, but I don't think he is the longterm solution to lead this team into the future.

He got a 5 year guaranteed contract for precisely this reason. He knew exactly how rough this year would be and wanted the security if he would take the job.

People need to CHILL out a bit. A tank job sounds great until the season actually starts, then everyone loses their damn minds. Just chill

I know, I know. He WILL be here for at least 2 more years IMO. But I just don't see him panning out longterm. Same sense I got from Philbin.

It will be evident after Year 2, but Ross will probably hang on longer than he needs to. In a way, Flo deserves at least 3 years for signing up for this garbage, but it still holds us back IMO.

I know, I know. He WILL be here for at least 2 more years IMO. But I just don't see him panning out longterm. Same sense I got from Philbin.

It will be evident after Year 2, but Ross will probably hang on longer than he needs to. In a way, Flo deserves at least 3 years for signing up for this garbage, but it still holds us back IMO.
Just look at it differently. 25% of our roster wasnt on the team a week ago even and 34% of our roster is comprised of undrafted free agents. Our team showed all of that yesterday. The important part I am looking at is how much improving is happening on a week to week basis.

Just look at it differently. 25% of our roster wasnt on the team a week ago even and 34% of our roster is comprised of undrafted free agents. Our team showed all of that yesterday. The important part I am looking at is how much improving is happening on a week to week basis.

Hey, I hope he turns it around and shows some progress, I really do. He seems like a good dude and I'd love for him to be successful. I mean, he HAS to show some improvement on this performance or he will go down as the HC with the lowest point differential in NFL history and be out after the year.

I just don't see it improving significantly enough to warrant the 5 year deal we gave him. I don't think he sees the end of the contract.

No reason to get worked up over Flores, although I sure would have preferred to see a healthy Caldwell standing next to him physically and figuratively.

He bought into Ross's tear down and that's why he has a 5 year contract... he'll be here at least 3 of them. So for all intents and purposes, discussing Flores's learning curve or deficits is moot.

Back
Top Bottom