Flores Post Game PC | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Post Game PC

For those who haven't, I submit to you all to read Jimmy Johnson's book 'Turning The Thing Around'. It will provide you with really good insight on his thoughts during his first godawful year (1-15 record) in 1989 as coach of the Cowboys. They had some awful games as well. Their first game of the season was 28-0...with two more scoreless losses to follow.

Most points they allowed that year were 36. Lost five games when their opponent scored 20 or less. They had their QB, and they played him. Three of their five starting offensive linemen were starters two years later when they were 11-5.

Point being that while they were tanking they also were building. They weren't discarding good young players who could be cornerstones of a winning program just to become worse. They made one big strategic trade and then made a lot of draft day trades to build around what they already had.

We have a way to go to be just that bad.

I’ll never understand why we continue to hire coaches who have never been head coaches at any respectable level to be head coaches of this NFL franchise.

Flores has never been a head coach at any level.

Gase had never been a head coach at any level.

Philbin had never been a head coach at any level.

Sparano was the head coach at NEW HAVEN!!

Over and over again. It’s like hiring someone who once bought an iPhone to be the CEO of Apple.

Was anyone honestly expecting us to be even average? I've been calling for 1-15 all offseason...let's beat the Pats once and hope Houston stinks and draft well and in 2021 on go for it...if we stumble into 4-6 wins this franchise is dead to me

I'm getting a vibe that Flores may step down as head coach at some point this season and ultimately go back to the patriots.

Perhaps being a former 'successful' head coach and by successful I assume you mean one that has won a super bowl or two, maybe that is more valuable than being a successful assistant coach. You might be right. But assistants gotta come from somewhere don't they? Where was that successful head coach at prior to winning the super bowl? Was he
I'm getting a vibe that Flores may step down as head coach at some point this season and ultimately go back to the patriots.

That would be career suicide

Belicheat coaching tree produces rotting fruit.

Flores is in over his head. Why the hell you give Shaq Calhoun all those reps before the season and he’s inactive on game day? Not even dressed. What a waste of reps. He says every position battle was wide open. Yet Fitz “wins” the battle...fine but why put in Rosen in garbage time where the team has already quit. How is Rosen supposed to look good with that hand? Should have just made Rosen the starter from the get go.

If you’re someone like Calhoun how can you trust what Flores says? Or someone like Vincent Taylor that work all offseason from an injury just to get cut right before the season.

One game and Flores looks clueless

I think what Kilgore said is spot on. If a "Dolphin" doesn't want to be a Dolphin, they shouldn't want him anyway. That being said, I was floored at the ineptness of the Dolphins and then I watched a talented teams head coach look clueless in Atlanta. Wasn't a blow out, but it was. Physically beaten and not prepared or well-coached.

Now, I do think Flores should be given a reprieve of sorts due to the sheer volume of turnover right before opening day from what was a bad roster to begin with. He OWNED it. Doesn't matter how soft he was about it, he OWNED it. Just like the rah rah crap that we hear in Atlanta, it's all good until it doesn't work. What you gonna do about it is what counts.

Belicheat coaching tree produces rotting fruit.

Flores is in over his head. Why the hell you give Shaq Calhoun all those reps before the season and he’s inactive on game day? Not even dressed. What a waste of reps. He says every position battle was wide open. Yet Fitz “wins” the battle...fine but why put in Rosen in garbage time where the team has already quit. How is Rosen supposed to look good with that hand? Should have just made Rosen the starter from the get go.

If you’re someone like Calhoun how can you trust what Flores says? Or someone like Vincent Taylor that work all offseason from an injury just to get cut right before the season.

One game and Flores looks clueless

THIS!

This...

Flores said all the right things... he'd reward players who busted their butts and won jobs. Then he didn't.

I've been in literally hundreds of locker rooms with young men following a leader. All of them were looking for someone that they could trust. Flores is not showing his players that he is that guy. With no loyalty to them, they will ultimately show none to him.

Baker, Wilkins and the other guys with protected status will say they are busting their butts and giving it their all... but it won't be for Flores, it will be for their teammates.

he has no idea, and a locker room that doesn't seem interested in hearing it anyway.
If they're not interested much longer, they'll be deemed the problem, and not the solution ... may end their NFL careers. I'm confident that some or most will change their tune soon enough.

Didn't look like the Patriots Defense missed him at all. One has to wonder if Flores was as good as advertised or if he's just another product of the Patriots system.

Look I know everyone wants to be dramatic and sensationalize everything. But come on!! It was only one goddamn game. Sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom