Flores Praises Josh Rosen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Praises Josh Rosen

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
RosenFlores.jpg

Head coach Brian Flores told reporters his young quarterback is making real progress.

“I think he’s made some improvement, really across the board,” Flores said. “There’s things that a lot of people don’t see. Better footwork, mechanics in the pocket, decision-making. A lot of times people, all they see is the touchdown pass; they don’t see the checkdown that’s a positive play for the team. I think he’s improved in those areas and I think those are the little things that go a long way at that position.”

“He’s very talented. Has a big arm. Is smart. Communicates well. But again, it’s hard to not mention consistency in this environment,” Brian Flores said about Josh Rosen. Says it’s still an open competition.

— Omar Kelly (@OmarKelly) August 3, 2019

https://www.getmoresports.com/nfl-news-andrew-luck-three-practices-flores-praises-josh-rosen/

Best case scenario Miami found its future franchise quarterback. If that's the case the team can really concentrate on other areas in the draft. It looks like the Dolphins needs three long-term upgrades on the offensive line and that has to be a big focus. Pass rusher is obvious as well.

Worst case, he doesn't pan out. In-between scenario perhaps he's a decent backup, which I think would still qualify as a good gamble with a 2nd rounder.

Too little, too late. The first week of training camp has come and gone and he still has zero wins as a Dolphin.

He’s running out of time.

If he doesn’t look like a super bowl caliber QB by his 10th snap in the first pre season game I say we move on and save all that money on the cap.

Too little, too late. The first week of training camp has come and gone and he still has zero wins as a Dolphin.

He’s running out of time.

If he doesn’t look like a super bowl caliber QB by his 10th snap in the first pre season game I say we move on and save all that money on the cap.
I know you're being sarcastic and all, but reality is, for this kid to have any kind of future with the Miami Dolphins, he kind of has to show elite/SB QB potential in a very short amount of time... I've never seen anything like that before... Kids got a raw deal to start his career thats for sure...

I know you're being sarcastic and all, but reality is, for this kid to have any kind of future with the Miami Dolphins, he kind of has to show elite/SB QB potential in a very short amount of time... I've never seen anything like that before... Kids got a raw deal to start his career thats for sure...

I think you can keep him next year and pick a QB in round 1 next year and have a real QB competition. Rather have Rosen over Fitz next year anyway.

Last edited:

I can think of one scenario where this happened. Worked out pretty well for all involved.

I think that's how some fans look at it. Maybe some of the media too. I doubt the coaches are saying the kid has to show elite/sb caliber play quickly out the gate. That's putting unrealistic expectations on your qb. If he looks decent and shows he has as much potential as most of the 1st round qb options in the 2020 draft than he'll be in the mix.

I think that's how some fans look at it. Maybe some of the media too. I doubt the coaches are saying the kid has to show elite/sb caliber play quickly out the gate. That's putting unrealistic expectations on your qb. If he looks decent and shows he has as much potential as most of the 1st round qb options in the 2020 draft than he'll be in the mix.

But those arent expectations, its the reality of the situation. He has one season to prevent the Fins from drafting a QB in the top of the 1st.

Back
Top Bottom