Flores Praises Josh Rosen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Praises Josh Rosen

The Splash Zone 8/4/19: Josh Rosen Continues To Improve\

1157646267.jpg.0.jpg

https://www.thephinsider.com/the-sp...es-to-improve-miami-dolphins-ryan-fitzpatrick

Rosen could have a god season and we could still draft a QB. One thing won't prevent another from happening imo.

Just curious, how do you it's the reality or just one of many possible outcomes?
What are the outcomes? There arent many to be honest. The most plausible scenario is that Rosen plays so-so behind a bad OL and Fins use their 1st round pick on a QB, that leaves Rosen as a backup or on another team, his 3rd in 3 NFL seasons. Or Rosen plays very very well, so much that the Fins use their 1st round pick on another position.

The guy has 1 season to play well enough to convince the Fins they dont need a QB... You dont agree with that?

Rosen could have a god season and we could still draft a QB. One thing won't prevent another from happening imo.
I agree. But there's a slight possibility that he really forces their hands. I mean, its a very very slight possibility but its there imo...

What are the outcomes? There arent many to be honest. The most plausible scenario is that Rosen plays so-so behind a bad OL and Fins use their 1st round pick on a QB, that leaves Rosen as a backup or on another team, his 3rd in 3 NFL seasons. Or Rosen plays very very well, so much that the Fins use their 1st round pick on another position.

The guy has 1 season to play well enough to convince the Fins they dont need a QB... You dont agree with that?
Yeah, I don't agree. It could be that Rosen rides the bench for almost the entire season but shows enough promise that the team will not select a QB on day 1 or 2 next year.
Another possible scenario is that the team finishes around .500 and all the 1st round QBs are gone before our pick.

Yeah, I don't agree. It could be that Rosen rides the bench for almost the entire season but shows enough promise that the team will not select a QB on day 1 or 2 next year.
Another possible scenario is that the team finishes around .500 and all the 1st round QBs are gone before our pick.

He’s gonna ride the bench pretty much the whole season and show enough that he’s the franchise qb? I think that’s a near impossibility

If you're equating "one season" with "a very short amount of time," I agree.
Well yeah thats what I meant... Im saying a very short amount of time as opposed to a rookie that just got drafted, they'll usually get 3-4 years to show something.

Both these scenarios have lotto type odds of happening IMO

Agree. For all the debate (and to state the obvious), Flo makes the decision. If Rosen struggles, but plays well the last 4, or, if he plays average and the thinking is he'd play better behind a better OL, or, pick a reason, a '20 QB could be off the table. Setting goals that must be attained isn't acknowledging all the realistic scenarios

Ever hear of Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers?

Cinderella QB stories are the EXCEPTION not the rule.

Agree. For all the debate (and to state the obvious), Flo makes the decision. If Rosen struggles, but plays well the last 4, or, if he plays average and the thinking is he'd play better behind a better OL, or, pick a reason, a '20 QB could be off the table. Setting goals that must be attained isn't acknowledging all the realistic scenarios

His scenario isn’t realistic.

No way Rosen rides the bench for most of the season only for the team to bypass a top QB prospect. If that happens, fire everyone.

Ever hear of Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers?

Cinderella QB stories are the EXCEPTION not the rule.
A Rd1 QBs being "elite" is also the exception, not the rule, historically.

I agree the "odds" get better the higher the pick, but it's 50/50 at best, even for top of the round selections.

Back
Top Bottom