Flores quotes on Dieter | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores quotes on Dieter

They showed a photo of Dieter at camp[ and he definitely looks like he's spent serious time in the weight room this off season. Looks more muscular. No surprise that he was mentioned as a player who was one of the best weight room workers this off season.
Sometimes it takes a player a little longer. Deiter was a starter as a rookie on a horrendous line and didn't play well.

Apparently, he has worked hard since to position himself to challenge for more of a role.

I hope he makes huge strides because Skura is a question mark at center.

Absolutely. I don’t write off a player until they are officially done.
... until they've shown me their done.

But I'm patient. Dieter hasn't been around, or played, enough for me to write him off.

Outside of Iggy winning some form of consistent rotational role (or starter job if the worst happens w X), Dieter beating out Skura comes in 2nd in my camp battle/pre-season dream list.

I guess fans forget that players can get better. He was weak physically, unathletic, and a slug his rookie year. Maybe he’s stronger now although it’s quite doubtful that he will ever have the burst to be a quality starter. Maybe he can stay in the league, though, for more than potential and having been a day two investment in the draft.

... until they've shown me their done.

But I'm patient. Dieter hasn't been around, or played, enough for me to write him off.

Outside of Iggy winning some form of consistent rotational role (or starter job if the worst happens w X), Dieter beating out Skura comes in 2nd in my camp battle/pre-season dream list.
It would be awesome if Dieter achieves success at center. A possible line of
Jackson, Kindley, Dieter, Hunt, Eich
For years could simple be amazing.

It would be awesome if Dieter achieves success at center. A possible line of
Jackson, Kindley, Dieter, Hunt, Eich
For years could simple be amazing.
Agree. Hoping that's the long term goal. But I'd be surprised to see it week 1.

Just be prepared for everyone to freak out if a vet like Davis/Fluker begins the season starting over one of the young guys like last year w Hunt (ie. Eichenberg)

Agree. Hoping that's the long term goal. But I'd be surprised to see it week 1.

Just be prepared for everyone to freak out if a vet like Davis/Fluker begins the season starting over one of the young guys like last year w Hunt (ie. Eichenberg)
Flo said he is going to play the best 5 guys. It's pretty much open comp...at every position. And I back that 100%. I know the line I would like. It doesn't include either Davis or fluker starting. But if they do, then I know it's because Flo knows it's the right choice.
Davis to me is the perfect 6th man. And Fluker is the top insurance policy player we could have grabbed.

Flo said he is going to play the best 5 guys. It's pretty much open comp...at every position. And I back that 100%. I know the line I would like. It doesn't include either Davis or fluker starting. But if they do, then I know it's because Flo knows it's the right choice.
Davis to me is the perfect 6th man. And Fluker is the top insurance policy player we could have grabbed.
I don't disagree w anything u said.

I was more just giving a warning if we don't get what we (at least think) we want to start the year.

Everyone was worried Hunt was a bust bc Davis was starting over him last year. And Hunt ended up finishing the year as our best rookie lineman. Maybe that wouldn't have happened if there was a preseason.

Flo is a bit conservative in these situations. He knows starting Davis won't crater our line. He says it's an open competition, but he says a lot of BS. Unless Eich clearly shows he's superior, I see any tie going to the vet early on.

I'm really just saying if Eich doesn't open the year as our starting RT, it doesn't mean he won't eventually win the job.

Let's hope Eich shows out in preseason to the point it isn't a legitimate debate.

Not a fan of calling one of our own players garbage. The Dolphin's are our favorite team. That doesn't mean we have to love every player but we have to respect that they are out there busting their butts to try and get better to better entertain S Fl. fans and hopefully win meaningful games. Dieter comes from a superior school for o-linemen, Wisconsin, and it's maybe taken him extra time to get the needed muscle on his frame or he's needed more work on his game regarding technique and leverage. Who knows? But, the better Dieter is, the better it is for our team. Let's try to lift up our players instead of being typical big mouthed nasty sport fans.

Deiter and Davis are competing for playing time in G position. Looking to unseat Kindley. Report said Kindley came into OTA out of shape.
Which was only a rumour and the kindley haters cant let go of it. Guys are getting looked at at ALL positions. Kindley IS the lg of the dolphins and will be come start of the season.

I have no problem with opinions about football ability…where it crosses the line is using terms to describe players ability the way you would reserve for the worst in society!

I like him, I believe he makes the team. I think he will be a great backup, and the occasional spot starter.

Which was only a rumour and the kindley haters cant let go of it. Guys are getting looked at at ALL positions. Kindley IS the lg of the dolphins and will be come start of the season.

Kindley is a JAG. I'm hoping either Davis or Dieter unseat him this season. If they can't we're probably going to be looking to draft another guard this offseason. Notice our O-line took a nosedive when we went away from the old school linemen like Long and Incognito in favor of JAG's like Juwaun James, Kindley and outright busts like Dallas Thomas, Jonathan Martin, Billy Turner, Jamil Douglas, etc..

Kindley is a JAG. I'm hoping either Davis or Dieter unseat him this season. If they can't we're probably going to be looking to draft another guard this offseason. Notice our O-line took a nosedive when we went away from the old school linemen like Long and Incognito in favor of JAG's like Juwaun James, Kindley and outright busts like Dallas Thomas, Jonathan Martin, Billy Turner, Jamil Douglas, etc..
Hmmm...

Now what do all the players you tout have in common. Something different than all the ones you dislike.

Let me see... maybe we can shine some light on the darkness here.

Back
Top Bottom