Flores Respect by not Tanking. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Respect by not Tanking.

That looks like a hard schedule at the moment regardless of what we do in the off season.
other than the division games we get KC,Seattle,Rams and SF? Even the raiders have been playing well this year.
That won't be easy.
To be the best we gotta beat the best. I have faith in Flo. I don't want to win by squeaking by 10-6 then getting housed in the playoffs. Bring on the good teams.

To be the best we gotta beat the best. I have faith in Flo. I don't want to win by squeaking by 10-6 then getting housed in the playoffs. Bring on the good teams.
I don't put a lot of importance on SOS, mostly because there isn't anything that can be done about it.

I also believe competition breeds competence. This applies not only to players, but to coaching staffs as well.

Flo & co don't have much to work with this year, as most of the current players weren't even around during the offseason when the new systems were being implemented. Game planning against better teams will be seen as a challenge next season, as compared to now, where as survival without looking like morons is the bar to clear.

I do. Getting to the playoffs is progress - evidence the team is improving. If Miami can get that far, more playoffs are on the horizon

I do. Getting to the playoffs is progress - evidence the team is improving. If Miami can get that far, more playoffs are on the horizon
Of course going to the PO is progress. But just sneaking in and then getting embarrassed. No thanks. That's a Gase mentality. One that doesn't belong in Miami's future.

Dude - The Cincinnati Bengals with Mike Brown as it's owner running everything, will definitely not offer somebody a record contract. He is the cheapest, most conservative owner in the NFL. He has a track record of refusing to commit large guaranteed amounts to top players.
Notoriously cheap bro. For years they've played the low risk/high reward game in free agency. Character issue guys always have a home in Cincinnati.

You can’t willingly put 0-16 or 1-15 on your resume, there’s no coming back from that. The NFL won’t give Flores a second chance.

Flores, a first time coach, has to show he can coach his team to wins regardless of talent. He may get screwed by Grier and never have a fully stocked roster, but showing you can coach wins means he can get another shot elsewhere if Miami doesn’t work out.
The fact that Flores has won any games with this roster is absolutely resume worthy imo.....

I just listed the teams from this year and wasn’t thinking. By next year, they will be in Vegas. Weird to say, the Las Vegas Raiders.
I think the Raiders are going to be a big financial boon for Vegas, but I think they'll have a worse home field advantage than Miami or LA teams.

I mean, combining a football game with a weekend in Vegas? That's not a tough sell for travelling fans.

I think the Raiders are going to be a big financial boon for Vegas, but I think they'll have a worse home field advantage than Miami or LA teams.

I mean, combining a football game with a weekend in Vegas? That's not a tough sell for travelling fans.
Good point.

I never really thought about it from that perspective, but you are right.

I could even see a finheaven weekend junket to sin city for a road trip.

On the other hand, I can see a lot of Raider fans making the trip on a regular basis, so they aren't exactly building a fan base from scratch.

Good point.

I never really thought about it from that perspective, but you are right.

I could even see a finheaven weekend junket to sin city for a road trip.

On the other hand, I can see a lot of Raider fans making the trip on a regular basis, so they aren't exactly building a fan base from scratch.
I thought about that, but in California, at least from my observations, there's a clear financial difference between Niner fans and Raider fans.

I find it funny that people get angry and actually disparage any coach for trying to win games. If Flores went 0-16 this year some of those same people would have been calling for him to be fired.

Have to say I am not sold at all on Flores
Trying to stay open minded but he seems to really have some stubbornness
His obsession with sticking with Ballage is disturbing with the obvious for like every game this season
Just plain stubbornness or cluelessness or what? Hopefully that failed experiment is over as of the end of the Browns game
If not I lose more faith
The tanking plan kind of going off the rails for the top QB...so there's that now
Given that and that Flores refuses to put pop arm Fitz on the bench and proceed to evaluate Rosen is beyond mind boggling to me
Yeah he is a gamer...blah, blah but thank you for your service sit down
Rosen needs to play every remaining game
As far as trying to evaluate the other players instead...nonsensical!
Why? Who is going to be here?
Not Ballage, Not Gaskins
The WR's, TE's we know about...have to give props to Flores coaches for helping Parker & Geisecki though
OL? They should be evaluated to protect for the potential QB of the future not old bones, see if they can do it
Yes he has team playing hard, but as I stated previously these guys are out of the NFL if not playing with Fins so of course they are going to give it their all
Can he motivate talent? As I said good for Parker & G so maybe he can

Just have no clue what Flores is trying to accomplish with this current method and I do not feel it is helping anything

Have to say I am not sold at all on Flores
Trying to stay open minded but he seems to really have some stubbornness
His obsession with sticking with Ballage is disturbing with the obvious for like every game this season
Just plain stubbornness or cluelessness or what? Hopefully that failed experiment is over as of the end of the Browns game
If not I lose more faith
The tanking plan kind of going off the rails for the top QB...so there's that now
Given that and that Flores refuses to put pop arm Fitz on the bench and proceed to evaluate Rosen is beyond mind boggling to me
Yeah he is a gamer...blah, blah but thank you for your service sit down
Rosen needs to play every remaining game
As far as trying to evaluate the other players instead...nonsensical!
Why? Who is going to be here?
Not Ballage, Not Gaskins
The WR's, TE's we know about...have to give props to Flores coaches for helping Parker & Geisecki though
OL? They should be evaluated to protect for the potential QB of the future not old bones, see if they can do it
Yes he has team playing hard, but as I stated previously these guys are out of the NFL if not playing with Fins so of course they are going to give it their all
Can he motivate talent? As I said good for Parker & G so maybe he can

Just have no clue what Flores is trying to accomplish with this current method and I do not feel it is helping anything
If I were you, I would run on down to Davie, and give them your resume. At least a consultant position, if not HC.

If I were you, I would run on down to Davie, and give them your resume. At least a consultant position, if not HC.

So you would repeatedly keep running out Ballage every game?
You want Fitz as the future?

If so my resume is better than yours ...and his

So you would repeatedly keep running out Ballage every game?
You want Fitz as the future?

If so my resume is better than yours ...and his

I can only assume KB is the only back he has confidence in pass blocking consistency.

I am also not delusional enough to think that my knowledge of NFL football approaches his.

I don't like seeing Ballage run inti the back of a lineman and fall down any more than you do.

I also don't agree with everything Flo, or Grier hav done in the last 11 months, but they have done enough that I agree with, for me to give them the benifit of doubt.

If you disagree, I have no problem with that. However, when a fan, with no high level football background pretends to be an expert, I have to laugh.

Back
Top Bottom