Away
San Francisco 49ers
Oakland Raiders
New York Jets
New England Patriots
Denver Broncos
Buffalo Bills
Arizona Cardinals
Jacksonville (As long as neither of us move up)

If I understand scheduling correctly, Miami plays 4 games AFC W, 4 games NFC W, 6 games AFC E, and two poor teams. Is that accurate?
With our subpar record, that is correct. The way it looks now, 2 gms against JAX, TEN, CIN, or CLE. I don't believe there is any mechanism to avoid playing the same teams in consecutive seasons.

Shift it forward to 2021

This would be our home schedule

Home
Buffalo Bills
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Cincinnati Bengals (This is assuming we both finish in the same position)

Last edited:
Do you have a source for that, or is that what you surmise?
This is set in stone for years in the future, it's a 12 year cycle. I could post one of a 100's of links including NFL.com.

This is set in stone for years in the future, it's a 12 year cycle. I could post one of a 100's of links including NFL.com.
Nevermind, I realized after I posted, what the rotation was.

Thanks

If I understand scheduling correctly, Miami plays 4 games AFC W, 4 games NFC W, 6 games AFC E, and two poor teams. Is that accurate?
That nfc west is going be tough next yr. I hope they play Jax at home.

Last edited:
SF, SEA, KC are very tough, but you also have AZ, DEN, 2 LA teams, and Raiders. Got to take the good with the bad.
Even though it's going to be a tough schedule...those are going fun games.

Even though it's going to be a tough schedule...those are going fun games.
True on the tough schedule but Flo isn't going to back off he is going to take it as a challenge, the same way as he has tackled all obstacles in his life before. Until we start beating the stronger teams we won't be making the playoffs, I think he will say something similar at some point in the future.

I know I'm comparing apples to oranges over here but look how the Heat turned it around and they never tanked. That can still be us in two more years.
You said it ALL with the apples to oranges preface.

Not even remotely comparable. In the NBA a single FA all-star signing can turn a team around, the same cannot be said for the NFL.

I know I'm comparing apples to oranges over here but look how the Heat turned it around and they never tanked. That can still be us in two more years.
Wait. You're comparing the Heat, an NBA team, to an NFL team? In the NBA, you can add a couple all star players and make a competitor. You can overpay and add three of them to compete for a championship. Who owned the Heat when they were relevant?

I certainly agree we need upgrades at multiple spots. Some of the guys getting significant snaps this year will no doubt help in the depth department.

I was in no way inferring that we would be making a deep playoff run, or that we could consistently beat top teams.

8-8 isn't usually a playoff team. It's average. I don't think it is expecting too much to beat the bad teams, and win a couple at home against other "average" teams. Most teams have weaknesses, and holes. We have more than our share this year, but if (granted a big if) Grier does a decent job, we will be much improved.

Look at it this way. Flores is coaching a team that, for the most part, he didn't even have in training camp, let alone the OTA portion of the off season.
You were insinuating/implying. Idiots then inferred.

Last edited:
This is our current 2020 schedule

Home
Buffalo Bills
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Chargers
Los Angeles Rams
Seattle Seahawks
Cincinnati (as long as we finish last)

Away
San Francisco 49ers
Oakland Raiders
New York Jets
New England Patriots
Denver Broncos
Buffalo Bills
Arizona Cardinals
Wait. Miami is playing in Oakland next year? I'm gonna go buy tickets now, since they'll be so close.

Wait. Miami is playing in Oakland next year? I'm gonna go buy tickets now, since they'll be so close.
I just listed the teams from this year and wasn’t thinking. By next year, they will be in Vegas. Weird to say, the Las Vegas Raiders.

This is our current 2020 schedule

Home
Buffalo Bills
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Chargers
Los Angeles Rams
Seattle Seahawks
Cincinnati (as long as we finish last)

Away
San Francisco 49ers
Oakland Raiders
New York Jets
New England Patriots
Denver Broncos
Buffalo Bills
Arizona Cardinals
That looks like a hard schedule at the moment regardless of what we do in the off season.
other than the division games we get KC,Seattle,Rams and SF? Even the raiders have been playing well this year.
That won't be easy.

Back
Top Bottom