Flores Versus Gase | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Versus Gase

Look, I was excited when we got Gase. Very happy about it. And..... We know how that ended up.

Then, I was disappointed we got Flores. I didn‘t want a NE former anything leading this team. Early returns are he might be an amazing coach when he gets some talent.

With all that said...... I have no right to comment on anything to do with ccoaching. That is all.

I was an Adam Gase fan.

He is why I became a Dolphin fan. Now that he is gone and I am still a Dolphin fan, my interest is now in watching how Flores develops this team. I will keep tabs on how Gase is doing, because I'm still a fan of Adam Gase, but that is secondary to my looking forward to the Dolphins future with our new coaching staff. The only difficulty this presents to me will be when we play the Jets. Part of me will end up happy and part of me will end up sad. Maybe I'll just watch the Titans play when we play the Jets. Since I was a Tannehill fan up until last year, I hope he does well and I would like to see him succeed. If not, I will still be able to look up the results of any Dolphins Jets game without having to go through the agony of my split alegencys.

I know in general Flores has a thoroughly experienced coaching staff. Flores credentials are great, but I feel the most important aspect of his experience is having lived in and been a part of the most successful NFL organization there is.

As for your right to comment on coaching. There is nothing wrong when you are being even handed and honest. You have every right to comment on coaching. I doubt you know less about it then the our lemmings.

A head coaching position is especially difficult because it straddles the reporting line between management and direct supervision.

On the management side he is tied, one way or another, to hiring players and letting players go. He also reports directly to upper management. Sort of like being an officer in the military.

On the direct supervision side he has to work directly with the players and coaches. This is like being an enlisted NCO in the military. There are many ways to combine these two functions and every head coach needs to find a way that they can deal with and be effective in both roles.

I feel it is very hard to do both functions well at the same time.

Flores seems to be more well rounded and much more mature than Gase. That's a good start for a HC when you start talking about leadership abilities.

The thing I am mostly going to grade Flores on is how this team shows up after a possible 1-7 or 2-6 start. Can he keep the locker room. I dont really care what his record is this year. I dont think its going to be good no matter the coaching but can he keep the locker room all 16 games. If he does that, then I can work with that.

Like anyone cares how I grade him anyway but thats my thoughts on the situation.

The thing I am mostly going to grade Flores on is how this team shows up after a possible 1-7 or 2-6 start. Can he keep the locker room. I dont really care what his record is this year. I dont think its going to be good no matter the coaching but can he keep the locker room all 16 games. If he does that, then I can work with that.

Like anyone cares how I grade him anyway but thats my thoughts on the situation.

Don't disagree, but I'll be interested in "how this team shows up" games 1-4. The typical Gasian slow starts or a 'new day?' Presence of a game plan? Players pumped for the game? If I see all three, I'll be thrilled. S-o-o-o-o tired of seeing players warming up as if it's sandlot

Gase learned from who, John Fox, when he was getting donuts for Peyton and then in Chicago? Flores learned from Belichick.. Too soon to tell if it applied, and with others in his tree it didn't or the verdict's still out. However, it's certainly a better tree/foundation to build from... that can't be denied.

I'll always be grateful/thankful for what Gase did here in his 1st season as head coach (taking us to the playoffs was a great surprise and it was a fun season). But in the end it was all fool's gold. As others have already pointed out, we won against crap teams that year.

Also, Gase's attitude became toxic. Running off good to great players, neglecting the Defensive side at the time and not taking care of the QB position better. Not to mention a ton of bonehead playcalling that made me want to pull my hair out! haha

I am cautiously optimistic about Flores right now (only thing that gives me some pause is that Beliecheck(sp?)'s coaching tree hasn't been remotely impressive so far. Here's hoping Flores is the answer!

Its gonna be interesting watching these two guys try and outcoach each other this coming season. I hope Flores & the Fins sweep the stinkin Jets .

The #1 trait Flores has, that has me inspired for the future of the team, is his teaching ability, followed closely by my second favorite trait, discipline and accountability. Coaches can come up under a guy like BB, follow what he tells them to do as far as planning and schemes, but I don't know if they really excel in the teaching aspect of the job, like Flores obviously does. I didn't get that feel from Patricia or a few of the other coordinators that went elsewhere and sucked.
A few? They all tend to suck. Maybe there is one I am forgetting but I think every single cheats export has come down to earth when they left. That kind of long standing trend becomes harder and harder to ignore over time. Hopefully Flores can be a good coach, but history is not on his side.

A few? They all tend to suck. Maybe there is one I am forgetting but I think every single cheats export has come down to earth when they left. That kind of long standing trend becomes harder and harder to ignore over time. Hopefully Flores can be a good coach, but history is not on his side.

I think both Patricia and Flores both have qualities you like for a rebuild. They may bot end up being good coaches but they have the right ideas

I don't know what is driving the Steeler players crazy but between Antonio Brown and Bell they got crazy covered for a long time. A.B. is Jon Gruden's problem now and what a hand full he's turning out to be already. But Le'Veon Bell on the Jets with Coach Adam Gase is like hooking up the dynamite with the match. What are the odds that they will have a warm and wonderful relationship? I can't wait for the implosion to take place in NY and for Gase to face the NY press in full pissed off mode! I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom