****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

But FSU has never beaten an elite UM and won a championship in the same season. All 3 FSU championships were in UM down seasons. How many times did UM beat an elite FSU back in the rivalry's hayday?
I have been a huge Hurricane fan since 1961 when George Mira was the Canes QB. My sister graduates from FSU and two of my nephews also graduated from FSU.

So we have had this college football rivalry for years in our family. Yet I have never disliked FSU but merely root for UM when the two teams play.

As far as your comment that FSU won their championships in the years UM were having down years. It certainly wasn’t FSU‘s fault that UM was not that competitive in those years they won those championships. If UM not being competitive was the only reason FSU won championships, FSU would have a lot more than 3 national championships.

Miami really hasn’t been a top tier college football team for 20 years. Hopefully that will change in the coming years but I have to give FSU credit for rebuilding their football program much faster than UM has been able to rebuild their program.

Last edited:
FSU isn't playing OSU though, they are play UGA.

Between FSU and UGA there will be over 30 players from the season roster not playing. FSU has more starters not playing, but both will be missing a lot. No matter who wins these teams are no where near the same teams from the regular season.

FSU isn't playing OSU though, they are play UGA.

Between FSU and UGA there will be over 30 players from the season roster not playing. FSU has more starters not playing, but both will be missing a lot. No matter who wins these teams are no where near the same teams from the regular season.
You are correct, my mistake. No matter who they are playing, it certainly won’t be the same FSU team that was on the field during the regular season. I just read that their starting QB Rodemaker entered the portal today and he won’t be playing against Georgia either.

I don’t think they will try to claim it
While I believe FSU earned the right to play in the final 4, they obviously would have had little chance of winning with a third string QB.

The team they lined up with against Georgia today was no more than FSU’s JV team considering all the players they had opting out of the game. Yet Georgia is certainly an excellent team and would likely beat Alabama if they played again.

So I watched a little of that absolute beating..................after watching Miami lose to Rutgers I am more than now discouraged.

I will be honest. I have always been a casual Hurricanes fan. I barely ever get to watch them where I live and so have never been close to affected by wins or losses. This year I have become more interested in all the Florida teams, because honestly I had very little knowledge about any of them. Found out today that one is based in Tallahasee and one in some place I had never heard of.

I think the allure of it is in the passion fans show and the spectacle that is put on. Loved the opening to the Seminoles game today.....too bad it was not much of a game after a few minutes.

I look forward to watching more as I age and my kids who are all but grown up now do not keep me busy on Saturdays.

I just hope if I do that I am not becoming a fan at the wrong time.....13-0 great record but not selected in the final four....well....I think I found out why.

I will be honest. I have always been a casual Hurricanes fan. I barely ever get to watch them where I live and so have never been close to affected by wins or losses. This year I have become more interested in all the Florida teams, because honestly I had very little knowledge about any of them. Found out today that one is based in Tallahasee and one in some place I had never heard of.

I think the allure of it is in the passion fans show and the spectacle that is put on. Loved the opening to the Seminoles game today.....too bad it was not much of a game after a few minutes.

I look forward to watching more as I age and my kids who are all but grown up now do not keep me busy on Saturdays.

I just hope if I do that I am not becoming a fan at the wrong time.....13-0 great record but not selected in the final four....well....I think I found out why.
Love ya brother, but do some research. FSU was a shell of itself. 30 players, either opted out (NFL), his the portal, or were injured. About 18 of those 30 were starters or saw significant time. UGA had 17 hit the portal, but I believe only 2 were starters.

I still think UGA is the best team in the country, they just lost at the wrong time. FSU was told the games mean nothing. The CFB made the ACC a G5 conference, so hard to blame kids for leaving. This game mean absolutely NOTHING. This was in no way an example of what the team during the season was.

The record books won’t talk about opt outs. It will just say biggest Orange Bowl loss…Georgia 63
FSU 3

Back
Top Bottom