****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

The only thing that been said that I've taken exception with is that without Lamar Jackson U of L would be a "fairly average" team. U of L would still be a pretty good team, one capable of winning the ACC without Lamar Jackson.

Bobby got raise in April, to $4.3 million. Undoubtedly if he made the playoff AD Tom Jurich would give him another raise (assuming the new president and board continue the hands off policy regarding athletics) most likely to the highest paid head coach in the ACC (he's third now). It's not widely known but the University of Louisville has as much money as any SEC athletic department does. Had he wanted to stay, we could have easily matched the Texas offer to Charlie Strong. Strong didn't want to stay here, it's not known publicly but Strong instructed his agent to contact Texas to get his name on their radar. He originally wasn't on their list. It's also worth noting that for the next 2 years, Bobby's buy out is $10 million (Bobby's idea). Given Bobby's history, I seriously doubt Tom Jurich would take a penny less for the buy out. If someone wants him (and he wants to leave) then they'll have to pay through the nose for him, so the hiring AD sure as hell better be sure about it.

If I was going to wager, I'd wager that in the first game of 2018 Alabama will be facing a Bobby Petrino coached U of L squad with either a redshirt sophomore Jawon Pass or a redshirt freshman Malik Cunningham at QB.

I am with Lou. The UofL team has a TON of talent. I would assume these are some of Charlie's players left, and a superior in game coach to coach them. Hell, they have like 17 kids from Florida, and around 10 from the Miami area. Of course I don't think they contend for the National title with out Jackson, but I wouldn't say they are an average team without him by any means. They looked plenty talented on both sides last week.

If FSU doesn't fire the defensive coordinator, it's very possible. Kelly is a ****ing moron!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't think firing a guy mid-season works. It rarely has a positive impact on the season.

I don't think firing a guy mid-season works. It rarely has a positive impact on the season.
Firing this MF is a must, mid-season or not. It literally couldn't get any worse if you and I were calling the defense. The defense has gone to crap since Pruitt left for Georgia. Rip the bandaid off and put whomever is the best position coach in charge. FSU us a top school, they can hire the top up-and-comer or a salty veteran with major chops.

If you are going to fire Kelly should fire Jimbo as well that offense is never ready until the 2nd half

If you are going to fire Kelly should fire Jimbo as well that offense is never ready until the 2nd half
I've never really been a Jimbo fan so that wouldn't really bother me. I want him to leave for LSU and I want Herman from Houston or Sumlin from A&M. However, Jimbo would be fine with a great DC.

What a game.

FSU will be set at qb.

My god do I love #4, he makes some remote throwing decisions sometimes but damn does he come thru in the clutch. Every damn game he does. That's why he's special.

That one hurt. It was a great game with great teams and great coaches but some really crappy officials. Multiple awful calls and one that was game changing. They should be ashamed!

That one hurt. It was a great game with great teams and great coaches but some really crappy officials. Multiple awful calls and one that was game changing. They should be ashamed!

I agree 100% buddy.

That was the lamest "chop block" penalty I've ever seen.

I agree 100% buddy.

That was the lamest "chop block" penalty I've ever seen.
Especially considering that no part of his body touched the defender below the waste. You just don't call that trash in the 4th quarter of a game with title implications. If it's not 100% clear, let them play. With that being said, they missed a clear face mask on FSU and multiple holding on both teams. Just trash and Jimbo and Dabo should complain. This isn't Pop Warner.

Back
Top Bottom