****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

I'm at a loss for words...

This is the saddest I have seen the program...This will be the first year since 1997 I do not go to at least one game.

You guys will be lucky to make a bowl game honestly. Which if I recall last year had the same outcome. Barely made a bowl

You guys will be lucky to make a bowl game honestly. Which if I recall last year had the same outcome. Barely made a bowl

At least we were somewhat competitive last year even if we lost. This year, we are not even competitive through 2 FBS games. A bowl game would be a serious achievement at this point given that they have actually looked worse on offense each consecutive week.

Hard to figure out how Taggert got the job in the first place.

Western Kentucky 16-20
South Florida 24-25
Oregon 7-5

Somebody explain how that record gets you a head coaching job at Florida St. If it does I'm in the wrong business.

The problem is, Coach Taggart has never been anywhere long enough to have to live with any long term consequences or decisions.

Hard to figure out how Taggert got the job in the first place.

Western Kentucky 16-20
South Florida 24-25
Oregon 7-5

Somebody explain how that record gets you a head coaching job at Florida St. If it does I'm in the wrong business.

The problem is, Coach Taggart has never been anywhere long enough to have to live with any long term consequences or decisions.

I think it's the marked improvement at each program that built his name. However, I think he's in way over his head at FSU. He may settle in and finish the year strong but I've seen nothing so far on the offensive side that gives me any confidence that it's going to get any better. I truly believe I could call a better game offensively and I know you could. He ignores the entire middle of the field and insists on throwing short to the outside. The few crossing routes and slants he's called have magically worked. Yes, the offensive line is terrible. However, he's doing absolutely nothing with his play calls or coaching to account for that and the results are obvious. To me, this is not an offensive line problem, it's entirely a coaching problem.

I'm at a loss for words...

This is the saddest I have seen the program...This will be the first year since 1997 I do not go to at least one game.
Your "Al Golden era" has just begun. :lol:

Now you get a little taste of what we went through with completely inept coaches. If FSU keeps him until season end they should be smart and kick him to the curb then. The Canes were not smart.
If you guys keep Taggart on too long you will feel it in a few years big time because the top talent will shun FSU like the plague.

Now you get a little taste of what we went through with completely inept coaches. If FSU keeps him until season end they should be smart and kick him to the curb then. The Canes were not smart.
If you guys keep Taggart on too long you will feel it in a few years big time because the top talent will shun FSU like the plague.

We are already losing commits and recruits. We had several top recruits at the VT game... I'm sure they were like, WTF!

I fear that you are absolutely right and we are entering the coaching abyss.

I completely agree. I've never been a Taggart guy.

I'd get rid of him and go after Scott Satterfield at Appalachian St. or Jimmy Lake from Washington. Only Saban recruits and coaches DB's as well as Jimmy Lake does up there for the Huskies.

I completely agree. I've never been a Taggart guy.

I'd get rid of him and go after Scott Satterfield at Appalachian St. or Jimmy Lake from Washington. Only Saban recruits and coaches DB's as well as Jimmy Lake does up there for the Huskies.

I'm seriously hoping we cut bait and run asap. Hell, I'd be fine if they fired him today and brought in Les Miles as an interim or anyone else for that matter.

I think Jimbo's offensive philosophy was able to help mask FSU's offensive line to a degree by personnel packages - his offense features a TE and creates an extra gap the defense has to account for. Florida St. just doesn't have the offensive line talent to feature only 5 blockers at the LOS. That stuff might work in C-USA or the Sun Belt, but it just doesn't work in major conferences where the Dline talent is significant and deep enough to come at you in waves. It just doesn't facilitate a physical football team.

It's not going to work at Arkansas for Chad Morris in the SEC. It's a disaster already. I don't know why these power 5 schools go out and hire these coaches that run these types of offenses. It goes back to what I said about how it's becoming more difficult for somebody like me to evaluate talent nowdays, because I simply can't understand what some of these coaches are even trying to accomplish. They have no identity to establish. Nothing to go to when things aren't working.

You're already seeing what a difference Jimbo has made at aTm just by adding a TE, as opposed to the finesse system used by Sumlin.

Saturday, Sept 29 at 3:30

Come to Cardinal Stadium to see FSU's cream puff offensive line versus Louisville's (without Jon Greenard) playmaker-less defensive line. Who will win this purse fight? Does anyone even care?

Saturday, Sept 29 at 3:30

Come to Cardinal Stadium to see FSU's cream puff offensive line versus Louisville's (without Jon Greenard) playmaker-less defensive line. Who will win this purse fight? Does anyone even care?

I literally gave away my Notre Dame ticket... we suck that bad.

Back
Top Bottom