****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

Holy ****...what has my life become when I am slightly happy and relieved after beating NI and scoring over 30.

FSU...come on down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Below are the stats for a Bobby Petrino offense. I can't believe I just typed that.

FSU...come on down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Below are the stats for a Bobby Petrino offense. I can't believe I just typed that.

First one to kick a field goal wins.

Hey, remember when this was an exciting matchup...

TuKf61l.jpg

Each team will try to out****up each other

Willie Taggart was an absolute horrendous hire. He may get two years. What a dumpster fire.

Willie Taggart was an absolute horrendous hire. He may get two years. What a dumpster fire.

He will easily get at least 3 years. The University is committed to him he has the backing of some very prominent alum. (yes his college record has been poor, but much of that needs to be adjusted for him taking over relatively poor programs, in the end, he does turn them around).

One thing we do know...Taggart typically takes 3 years to fully get his system in place, while I don't excuse the poor play calling (a way to mitigate the awful o-line) Jimbo left this program in shambles when he bolted for A&M especially in the trenches. You can look at the recruiting by Jimbo and O-line was ignored for almost 3 years, not to mention the lack of effort at WR.

He was all about the big prize recruit (Cam Akers), but did little to grind for those other needed positions.

Right now everything is a disappointment, but it is not like Willie took over a 9-4 team...it went 6-5 and had to back its way into a bowl game. The team wasn't very good when he got here. I think many (including myself) didn't realize how bad it was and how much needed to be fixed. He's doing a lot of good as far as culture is concerned and if he can manage to turn it around enough this year, I think we will see good things in the future.

One thing we do know...Taggart typically takes 3 years to fully get his system in place, while I don't excuse the poor play calling (a way to mitigate the awful o-line) Jimbo left this program in shambles when he bolted for A&M especially in the trenches. You can look at the recruiting by Jimbo and O-line was ignored for almost 3 years, not to mention the lack of effort at WR.

In the 2016 class FSU got the #4/16/17 OTs & the #1 C. Those guys should be coming into their own. Not getting anyone of note in the 2017 class (guys that are RS Fr or Soph) shouldn't really be felt until next year or 2020. However, looking at his last three recruiting classes, wow, you're right.

He will easily get at least 3 years. The University is committed to him he has the backing of some very prominent alum. (yes his college record has been poor, but much of that needs to be adjusted for him taking over relatively poor programs, in the end, he does turn them around).

He was all about the big prize recruit (Cam Akers), but did little to grind for those other needed positions.

Right now everything is a disappointment, but it is not like Willie took over a 9-4 team...it went 6-5 and had to back its way into a bowl game. The team wasn't very good when he got here. I think many (including myself) didn't realize how bad it was and how much needed to be fixed. He's doing a lot of good as far as culture is concerned and if he can manage to turn it around enough this year, I think we will see good things in the future.

In the 2016 class FSU got the #4/16/17 OTs & the #1 C. Those guys should be coming into their own. Not getting anyone of note in the 2017 class (guys that are RS Fr or Soph) shouldn't really be felt until next year or 2020. However, looking at his last three recruiting classes, wow, you're right.

Although our play seems to be killing our recruiting for now, we do at least have the ability to offer true starting opportunities to freshman linemen. If we improve throughout the year, a few good linemen recruits could be very possible and could have a huge impact.

Here's an outsider's break down of the FSU's offense against our defense:

https://www.cardchronicle.com/2018/9/25/17892384/opponent-breakdown-florida-state-offense

Those are excellent observations and assessments. They actually watched the Noles and made astute observations then compared it to Louisville's team. Can we get that reporter to cover the Dolphins?

Exactly. The offensive line has been terrible since our National Championship season. Jameis got killed in year 2. Jimbo lived off Jameis and Dalvin Cook while at FSU.

Lets put 2017 into perspective.
FSU ranked 71st on offense.
FSUs wins were:
Wake Forest by 7
Duke by 7
Syracuse by 3
Delaware State
Florida
Louisiana Monroe
Southern Mississippi

Not only did he leave the offense line in shambles, he left the entire offense in shambles. He left the culture at Florida State in shambles. Players didn't care last year. Players didn't work hard. They did respond to adversity.

By the way, last years team was far more talented. We lost a starting offensive lineman, starting DT, starting DE early, starting LB early, starting CB early, starting safety early, starting WR early all to the NFL draft, and people thought Taggart was supposed to come in and turn this dumbster fire around in year one? Claiming Willie as a horrendous hire right now is short sited and dumb....

Back
Top Bottom