****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

And it happened...get a jump start on hiring someone and they can get on recruiting.

They really need to get this hire right.

Willie was all gusto and made the mistake that having passion for FSU and trying to restore the 90's swag, would fix the issues. Great recruiter, but he failed to prepare his teams and made some boneheaded gameday decisions. I think he hoped Leavitt would save him the way Kinnan saved him at USF, but it was too little too late. I'm not happy he is gone because he is a guy I think most really wanted to succeed, but it is the right decision and I am glad that they pulled off the band-aide now so they could get a jump on finding the next coach.

I spent my entire life with 3 head coaches at FSU, it was so nice think that the program had that level of stability, but now we need to hit on the right guy to save us from falling further into obscurity.

Have to wonder if they get a jump start on USC and go after Urban Meyer. He'll thrive at either spot but will only be there 5-6 years.

I honestly think they should make a run at Scott Frost. He's not going to get the athletes he needs the way he did at UCF. In spite of what's going on at Nebraska I think he's a really solid coach. Don't know if Frost yet regrets moving out of Florida enough to have him walk away though.

PJ Fleck didn't sign his extension yet and won't until mid-December. Have to wonder if he wants a shot at reviving a traditional power like Florida State. Would be a great hire.

Nebraska extended Scott Frost 2 years. Not sure why because that program is not improving.

Back
Top Bottom