****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

I wish we were going to the game. Maybe next time two years from now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I can safely say that I am truly thankful that I am not at the game with you right now. I'd probably be weeping or in a fist fight. Either way, I'm better off at home. What a disaster for FSU. Louisville played lights out and deserves to be top 5 for sure. I really want you guys to run the table now Lou. Just do the same thing to Alabama and Clemson and I won't feel so bad.

I can safely say that I am truly thankful that I am not at the game with you right now. I'd probably be weeping or in a fist fight. Either way, I'm better off at home. What a disaster for FSU. Louisville played lights out and deserves to be top 5 for sure. I really want you guys to run the table now Lou. Just do the same thing to Alabama and Clemson and I won't feel so bad.

We'll try our best but we've still got work to do.

But, wow. That's all I can say about the game.

I've got to head to a cookout now (there's still 11 mins left in the game) but I'll check in here later tonight to make sure you guys are ok. ;)

I don't think FSU will be in the race. Louisville will kill Miami could beat Clemson if they play like this. FSU is too young and has too many holes. Their defensive coordinator, Kelly, sucks dick as well. I'd love to fire him myself.

What a great game. That Louisville literally disassembled FSU makes up for the fact that we have to beat a one loss FSU team at Hard Rock. But then again they may drop another prior to the Canes game. :lol:

Congrats Lou. Your team looks terrific :up:

See you in the ACC championship game

What a great game. That Louisville literally disassembled FSU makes up for the fact that we have to beat a one loss FSU team at Hard Rock. But then again they may drop another prior to the Canes game. [emoji38]
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

UL could have easily scored 90.

90? Nah, but we could have gotten 80.

A few observations:

Essentially the game was won by the U of L offensive line and lost by the FSU offensive line. I never dreamed this offensive line, after how awful they were last season, would come together and play like that. They controlled the FSU defensive front 4 all day and it was glorious.

That FSU Oline...woof. I know Fields, Hearns, and Brown are a load but damn fellas.

Since Jelani Jenkins will probably walk after this season, you want to see Kiko move to WLB? Fins could do worse than drafting Keith Kelsey to man the MLB spot. Fins could get him in the middle rounds somewhere and get themselves a good player.

I saw Lamar Jackson do something today I hadn't seen him do before: throwing with anticipation. If he continues to consistently throw to spots instead of actually waiting to see the guy open, then watch out; He becomes unstoppable.

Francois played like a freshman. He started getting happy feet and our pass rushers smelled blood in the water. I like that kid though, he's going to be good, but his offensive line did him no favors today.

Jimbo will get things together. I hope FSU goes out there and wins the rest of their games but that schedule is tough.

Good luck the rest of the season Noles!

90? Nah, but we could have gotten 80.

A few observations:

Essentially the game was won by the U of L offensive line and lost by the FSU offensive line. I never dreamed this offensive line, after how awful they were last season, would come together and play like that. They controlled the FSU defensive front 4 all day and it was glorious.

That FSU Oline...woof. I know Fields, Hearns, and Brown are a load but damn fellas.

Since Jelani Jenkins will probably walk after this season, you want to see Kiko move to WLB? Fins could do worse than drafting Keith Kelsey to man the MLB spot. Fins could get him in the middle rounds somewhere and get themselves a good player.

I saw Lamar Jackson do something today I hadn't seen him do before: throwing with anticipation. If he continues to consistently throw to spots instead of actually waiting to see the guy open, then watch out; He becomes unstoppable.

Francois played like a freshman. He started getting happy feet and our pass rushers smelled blood in the water. I like that kid though, he's going to be good, but his offensive line did him no favors today.

Jimbo will get things together. I hope FSU goes out there and wins the rest of their games but that schedule is tough.

Good luck the rest of the season Noles!
I think you are very correct about the lines. I knew that the FSU line was going to be a huge problem in the first quarter of the Ole Miss game. Truthfully, the OL has been a problem for three years so I hope they get their act together at some point soon.

Our DL is more talented but I think our DC sucks horribly. Losing Pruitt to Georgia a couple of years ago was a huge blow for us as Charles Kelly is awful. He can't game plan and he has no answer for a hurry-up at all. We need to fire him and find a real DC.

A few uncategorized tidbits from the lead up to the game and the game itself.

1. Apparently (I didn't hear the original interview) your all's play by play guy (also does the Bucs play by play) came on our ESPN radio affillate for an interview and pretty much condesceneded the entire interview. More or less gave U of L zero chance, Cook was going go off, the FSU oline was finally healthy and was going to be fine, the FSU front 4 is the best they've had in 20 years, you had to use a microscope to find chinks in FSU's armor, yada yada. The 2 Louisville guys tried to go talk to him after the game and he blew them off. So yesterday they kept playing sound bites from his interview and making fun of him. I found it amusing.

2. At one point in the game U of L called time out to set up a scoring play and FSU defense decided they would try and be tough guys and gather uncomfortably close to U of L's sideline huddle. Bobby sent the offensive line out to FSU and basically punked them out and bounced them from the club, making them move. U of L went out and scored the next play. :lol:

No disrespect to Saban and Alabama but Louisville and Ohio State should be ranked 1 and 2 in either order. I have a feeling that's the teams for the NC and that will be a classic.

A few uncategorized tidbits from the lead up to the game and the game itself.

1. Apparently (I didn't hear the original interview) your all's play by play guy (also does the Bucs play by play) came on our ESPN radio affillate for an interview and pretty much condesceneded the entire interview. More or less gave U of L zero chance, Cook was going go off, the FSU oline was finally healthy and was going to be fine, the FSU front 4 is the best they've had in 20 years, you had to use a microscope to find chinks in FSU's armor, yada yada. The 2 Louisville guys tried to go talk to him after the game and he blew them off. So yesterday they kept playing sound bites from his interview and making fun of him. I found it amusing.

2. At one point in the game U of L called time out to set up a scoring play and FSU defense decided they would try and be tough guys and gather uncomfortably close to U of L's sideline huddle. Bobby sent the offensive line out to FSU and basically punked them out and bounced them from the club, making them move. U of L went out and scored the next play. [emoji38]
Going back to my earlier point, the time out pitted Bobby P. vs Charles Kelly and it resulted in a resounding victory for Bobby. Kelly is horrible and should be fired. We need a real DC. Considering he's following Mickey Andrews, Stoops, and Pruitt makes it that much more painful. That's going from heros to a zero!

No disrespect to Saban and Alabama but Louisville and Ohio State should be ranked 1 and 2 in either order. I have a feeling that's the teams for the NC and that will be a classic.

Stupidity is disrespect.....let the season play out...the cream will rise to the top...and it's usually Crimson......Ohio State is over rated...and FSU?..well...a real top ten team would
never give up 63 points...my God!!

Going back to my earlier point, the time out pitted Bobby P. vs Charles Kelly and it resulted in a resounding victory for Bobby. Kelly is horrible and should be fired. We need a real DC. Considering he's following Mickey Andrews, Stoops, and Pruitt makes it that much more painful. That's going from heros to a zero!

Well, it didn't help matter that the FSU defensive backfield never could communicate properly. A disfunctional secondary going against a Bobby Petrino offensive gameplan is...sub-optimal.

Well, it didn't help matter that the FSU defensive backfield never could communicate properly. A disfunctional secondary going against a Bobby Petrino offensive gameplan is...sub-optimal.
I still put that squarely on the coaches shoulders. They looked confused and they shouldn't have. That offense is not much changed from last year or games 1 and 2. He just sucks as a DC and Bobby ate him alive.

Back
Top Bottom