****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

PJ Fleck didn't sign his extension yet and won't until mid-December. Have to wonder if he wants a shot at reviving a traditional power like Florida State. Would be a great hire.

Nebraska extended Scott Frost 2 years. Not sure why because that program is not improving.

I really hope it is either him or Campbell, but I get the feeling they are going all out for Stoops.

Two years ago, FSU seemed way to fine with Jimbo leaving, spent almost no time really looking at candidates and Hired Willie right away. It was an exciting splash hire and his energy was infectious. They got their first choice because the team was only one season removed from being really successful. Now they have had 3 years of poor play and are on the verge of being irrelevant (they may already be there) and it impacted this coaching search. Norvell was not the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd choice of the Noles, but they are at a point where they need to make concessions.

Norvell is not a splash hire, but he might be the right guy for the job (hopefully). He has done well at Memphis, and has had a ton of his coaches get poached by bigger programs ( a ton of assistant turnover) and yet he has remained successful. Hope it means he is good at hiring a staff (something Willie struggled with). His offense has been one of the better in the country and it looks like HE can run a program.

Right now, I am just relieved we found someone and they can start recruiting. We lost a number of players which was expected, hopefully having a coach can give us a small boost and we finish in the top 20.

Only question for Norvell is recruiting. While he has done well at Memphis, the program was built up from being a bottom 5 program by Justin Fuente. Now Norvell has taken that success to the next level so give him credit there.

Two years ago, FSU seemed way to fine with Jimbo leaving, spent almost no time really looking at candidates and Hired Willie right away. It was an exciting splash hire and his energy was infectious. They got their first choice because the team was only one season removed from being really successful. Now they have had 3 years of poor play and are on the verge of being irrelevant (they may already be there) and it impacted this coaching search. Norvell was not the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd choice of the Noles, but they are at a point where they need to make concessions.

Norvell is not a splash hire, but he might be the right guy for the job (hopefully). He has done well at Memphis, and has had a ton of his coaches get poached by bigger programs ( a ton of assistant turnover) and yet he has remained successful. Hope it means he is good at hiring a staff (something Willie struggled with). His offense has been one of the better in the country and it looks like HE can run a program.

Right now, I am just relieved we found someone and they can start recruiting. We lost a number of players which was expected, hopefully having a coach can give us a small boost and we finish in the top 20.

I like Norvell, though I don't know much about him. I did follow Memphis' game yesterday and was impressed that they stayed focused, even with the coach likely leaving. I think his choice of DC will be critical. I don't know if Fuller is coming with him or not but he's improved the heck out of Memphis this year. We just can't have more trash like Charles Kelly or Harlan Barnett. We need a stud who can recruit, build a defense, and call a game.

https://gotigersgo.com/news/2018/12...r-as-defensive-coordinator.aspx?path=football

I really wanted Stoops and to keep Briles as our OC. He's really put Kentucky football on the map.
Trust me, he's mediocre. His OC Eddie Gran saved him this season. They started a WR at QB for most of the season despite having health QBs on the roster. Woof.

UK football isn't on any map. They finally had a good season last year, despite him being there since 2012 and having decent enough talent.

In the most shocking news of all time...Norvell plans to keep Odell Haggins on staff.

Trust me, he's mediocre. His OC Eddie Gran saved him this season. They started a WR at QB for most of the season despite having health QBs on the roster. Woof.

UK football isn't on any map. They finally had a good season last year, despite him being there since 2012 and having decent enough talent.

They were Vanderbilt-bad for a long, long time so I give him credit for making them at least consistently competitive. Either way, I'm happy with Norvell and hope he succeeds where Taggert failed. I'm pretty skeptical right now though, regardless of who is coach. A lot will depend on his selection of assistant coaches, particularly on defense.

FSU has landed Auburn OC Dillingham...top recruiter knows the Southeast...is the primary on a good number of Auburn recruits.

Had worked with Norvell previously and was poached by Auburn.

Got to be nice to get some of his guys back.

Last edited:
FSU has landed Auburn OC Dillingham...top recruiter knows the Southeast...is the primary on a good number of Auburn recruits.

Had worked with Norvell previously and was poached by Auburn.

Got to be nice to get some of his guys back.

Any word on DC? Will he bring Fuller from Memphis? He seems like a strong, young coach who has recruited Florida and the southeast while at Marshall.

Back
Top Bottom