****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

Any word on DC? Will he bring Fuller from Memphis? He seems like a strong, young coach who has recruited Florida and the southeast while at Marshall.

The Georgia DC is a possibility Lanning...coached with Norvell at Memphis a few years ago.

Norvell had a ton of his coaches poached by big programs, now it looks like he is getting the gang back together.

This is most likely the strength and conditioning coach

In 2018, Storms earned Master Strength and Conditioning Coach distinction by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa). The honor is the highest given in the strength and conditioning coaching profession.

By comparison, Willie's guy took a 25 hour online course (no joke)

Has a Miami fan this could turn out to be a good hire for FSU and it could turn out to be a bad hire in he could just be the hot coach of the month. Without being biased I honestly thought Mark Stoops would have been a great hire for Florida State.

So looking at his current staff and coaches that were poached...

Current Memphis staff...

Ryan Silverfield – Co-offensive coordinator/offensive line (2016-pres.)
Kevin Johns – Co-offensive coordinator/quarterbacks (2019-pres.)
Anthony Jones – Running backs (2018-pres.)
John Simon – Wide receiver/recruiting coordinator (2019-pres.)
Tony Tokarz – Tight ends (2019-pres.)
Adam Fuller – Defensive coordinator (2019-pres.)
Tim Edwards – Defensive line (2019-pres.)
Kevin Clune – Linebackers (2019-pres.)
TJ Rushing – Defensive backs (2018-pres.)
Pete Lembo – Special teams (2019-pres.)
Josh Storms – Strength & conditioning (2016-pres.)

Coaches that were poached by bigger programs...

Chris Ball - Defensive coordinator (2016-18)
Current job: Northern Arizona head coach

Chip Long – Offensive coordinator/tight ends (2016)
Current job: Notre Dame offensive coordinator

Darrell Dickey – Offensive coordinator/Running backs (2016-17)
Current Job: Texas A&M offensive coordinator/running backs

Kenny Dillingham – Quarterbacks/tight end (2016-18)
Current job: Auburn offensive coordinator/quarterbacks

Dan Lanning – Linebackers (2016-18)
Current job: Georgia defensive coordinator/linebackers

Joe Lorig – Special teams coordinators/linebackers (2016-18)
Current job: Penn State special teams coordinator/defensive assistant

Scott Symons – Linebackers (2018)
Current Job: Liberty defensive coordinator/safeties

David Johnson – Wide receivers (2016-17)
Current job: Tennessee running backs

Paul Randolph – Defensive line (2016-18)
Current job: Texas Tech defensive line

Marcus Woodson – Defensive backs (2016-17)
Current job: Auburn defensive backs/recruiting coordinator

Desmond Lindsey – Wide receivers (2018)
Current job: Arkansas State running backs

Impressive list of guys who are all over the College football.

The Georgia DC is a possibility Lanning...coached with Norvell at Memphis a few years ago.

Norvell had a ton of his coaches poached by big programs, now it looks like he is getting the gang back together.

This is most likely the strength and conditioning coach

By comparison, Willie's guy took a 25 hour online course (no joke)

FML... Willie's guy took an online course. No wonder we sucked with such competent guys like that around the building.

FML... Willie's guy took an online course. No wonder we sucked with such competent guys like that around the building.

It will be interesting to see how many of "Willie's Guys" end up still coaching in college next year. Gong back to USF he was always about hiring friends, some who were not really qualified to coach at the level they are coaching (I have two friends who recruited for him when he was at USF). At least one family member on staff. That is fine at WKU and maybe even USF, but he continued taking the same guys along to Oregon and FSU.

I already wrote about needing to be saved while at USF (he was on the verge of being fired) until Joe Kinnan (his old high school coach) came in and fixed a ton of the issues, organized the offense and help set up practice.

From a number of people who have seen his practices, they were very disorganized.

It is always something finding out things after the fact...

Spoke to one of the Auburn offensive players I know personally. Said he loved Dillingham and he "really knows his stuff".

What I do find as a positive...many of Coach Norvell's assistants have been poached for bigger programs(including Dillingham) so it seems he knows how to assemble a staff (and it looks like he is getting some of his guys back).

It will be interesting to see how many of "Willie's Guys" end up still coaching in college next year. Gong back to USF he was always about hiring friends, some who were not really qualified to coach at the level they are coaching (I have two friends who recruited for him when he was at USF). At least one family member on staff. That is fine at WKU and maybe even USF, but he continued taking the same guys along to Oregon and FSU.

I already wrote about needing to be saved while at USF (he was on the verge of being fired) until Joe Kinnan (his old high school coach) came in and fixed a ton of the issues, organized the offense and help set up practice.

From a number of people who have seen his practices, they were very disorganized.

It is always something finding out things after the fact...

No doubt, that's some brutal "after the fact" information! FML, it is a miracle that we weren't worse. I was disappointed that Cristobal didn't come with him from Oregon. I didn't realize at the time how badly that would affect Taggert at FSU.

So far the staff is...

HC - Norvell
OC - Dillingham
WR - Dugans

DC - Adam Fuller
DL - The greatest man still in Tally - Haggins

It has been 6 days and he has 4 assistants...I just hope he brings that S&C coach and the staff will be coming together real nice.

Also I think there is something like 15 or so official visits this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom