****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

Yesterday was a good day for FSU. For a team that has an overall losing record over the last 3 years, a brand new coach, I was pleasantly surprised by the recruiting class.

In 10 days the Noles lost one qb (Jeff Sims) but added 2 others (Rodemaker and Purdy). Purdy looks like he will have a chance to start as a freshman. His brother is Brock Purdy and started as a true freshman at Iowa state for Matt Campbell. Chubba is a better overall prospect. Extremely good athlete and a really good arm. Both QBs were flips from other schools...Rodemaker from USF and Purdy from Louisville.

Noles also landed RB (Toafili) that has some size...it was interesting but it seemed like Norvell seemed almost giddy talking about him as a player. Runs hard and with power, has good speed and catches well out of the backfield.

Noles also landed several very good WRs, 2 offensive linemen, DBs, DT, and an LB.

One last thing, FSU hired their offensive line coach as well yesterday.

Here is a video of Purdy

Toafili

FSU has hired Chris Marve as LB coach.

This is a really good hire. Has coached at Vanderbilt and Mississippi State. Was named in the 40 under 40 coaching list of coaches to keep an eye on. Referred to as a rising star in the profession. Considering FSU has had really shitty LB play the last couple of years, he should be able to provide an upgrade to the unit.

With hiring one MSU coach I really hope this leads us to bring T. Buckley back to FSU as a DB coach (he coaches at MSU)

FSU has hired Chris Marve as LB coach.

This is a really good hire. Has coached at Vanderbilt and Mississippi State. Was named in the 40 under 40 coaching list of coaches to keep an eye on. Referred to as a rising star in the profession. Considering FSU has had really ****ty LB play the last couple of years, he should be able to provide an upgrade to the unit.

With hiring one MSU coach I really hope this leads us to bring T. Buckley back to FSU as a DB coach (he coaches at MSU)

This is a good hire. I'm really liking the staff Norvell is putting together.

I thought this was funny

Props to the FSU basketball team. Kicking butt this season

I thought this was funny

Props to the FSU basketball team. Kicking butt this season

UM and UF both feel real good, but three years ago we had won something like 7 strait against Miami and 5 against UF.

FSU basketball has been great this season so far...We picked up two top basketball recruits as well to help next season once Devin and Forrest are gone.

I know it's not football, but gotta give some props to the Lady Noles. They didn't have a great season but had a heck of a run when it counted. They should be very proud of themselves and take no shame away from taking OU to three games and losing. They played them over three games better than anyone else played them all season but that team is stacked. Congrats to the Lady Sooners for a great season.

Alright boys, let's see what you got tonight. Those ND lines are going to be the key. Those are the units that on paper are head and shoulders better than FSU. I think Norvell is a hell of a coach, I'm looking forward to see what he does when Milton and Travis are on the field at the same time. Hopefully Bobby is there with them tonight and Dadgumit helps that ball bounce our way!

1630871656495.jpeg

Might have been a loss on the scoreboard but, HUGE win for the program. There were 23 (I think) recruits at the game last night. What an electric atmosphere. The stadium was rocking, and the play on the field was just as impressive. Those young men showed a lot of heart and fight. Down 18 and never gave up. It's a shame it's a loss and I hate "moral victories" but dadgumit this sure as heck was a moral victory if there ever was one. If there is ever a loss that can help with recruiting we saw it last night.

Great job to the team and the coaching staff. Keep the "MO" from this game going.

Back
Top Bottom