Florio Reports - Ross loves Burrow | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Florio Reports - Ross loves Burrow

Exactly. Also I think posters are looking at this from perspective of their age bracket and not Ross'. This may be last chance quarterback saloon for him.
Great point. Never thought or heard about it from that perspective.

You have to be impressed with the season Burrow had, and there is a lot to like about the kid. he seems to have the touch, the running ability and the leadership/intangibles that you want.

But he does not blow you away physically, particularly with arm strength.I am not sure he can make NFL type throws into tighter windows to receivers who do not have quite the separation the LSU studs got for him.

He is not the absolute "can't miss" type prospect(think Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck)that i would be willing to trade 4-5 high draft picks for.

A completely uninjured Tua would be a different story.

The beat up Tua of today might still be a better bet than Burrow.
The Tua injury makes it an interesting conversation. But not only the hip- I don’t think we can ignore the ankles. Idk. Is he “injury prone?”
That hip injury was awkward- we’ve seen how QBs “know” how to take hits and protect themselves.

My understanding is that the procedures on his ankles make them less likely to trouble him in the future.

The operations did not repair his ankles as much as they strengthened them.

But the fact that he NEEDED them is worrisome on some level and the fact that he had such a serious injury that healthy 21 year olds shouldn't have(dislocating a hip on a pretty pedestrian play)makes you wonder if he has congenital issues that makes him "brittle".

Even if he gets a total, sweeping clean bill of health on his hip you still have to worry about his future durability.

I still think he is worth the #5 pick but I would be reticent to pay too much to move up for him.If the cost is not too high I might be OK with it.

Otherwise you try to coach up Herbert or go with a project like Love.

QB is the decision that they have to get right, whether it is in this Draft or not, the future of this team, Grier and Flores will be tied to who is playing QB in 2022 and beyond.

If Burrow is this worthwhile, based on the landscape of the NFL, why would Cincy trade the pick? Miami had the driver’s seat for this pick, but seems most people are happy w their 5 win season. And now you want to trade up? Sorry you cant have it both ways

If Burrow is this worthwhile, based on the landscape of the NFL, why would Cincy trade the pick? Miami had the driver’s seat for this pick, but seems most people are happy w their 5 win season. And now you want to trade up? Sorry you cant have it both ways

sure can, but that's assuming everyone wants to trade up and, possibly, do so by spending a lot of draft capital

Ideally, you get Burrow to say he won't go to the Bengals(his agent I think would know how to orchestrate this) and drive down the price; Miami can then come in and try to lowball and say "take it or leave it"...because is Cincy still going to draft him if Burrow has stunk up the process? Maybe draft and trade like Manning, but Miami can sit tight in that case and see who falls to five.
And I have a coach friend who coaches QB's (used to, at least) and first thing he said to me about Miami's draft prospects: Avoid Burrow. That arm isn't going to get it done. I know it's one guy (whom none of you know)'s opinion, but I trust it; while I love Burrow(I am a closet LSU fan) and watched him all season, in the end you can't take a guy who can't make throws in tight windows outside the hashes.

Ross's age is a real factor. The more I consider his age the more I fear he may swing for the fences.

We had our "superbowl" last year beating the Patriots and essentially aiding in their playoff exit. We developed a culture and most feel that Flores can be our long term answer at Head Coach. No looking back.

I don't believe any one player is worth 3 1st round draft picks. I would prefer selecting Tua if he is there at 5 or plan to develop a different QB with a later pick. If Tua is injury prone we only lose 1 of the 3 picks this year, not all 3.

Back
Top Bottom