Flyer on Reuben Foster? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flyer on Reuben Foster?

Dude was a fantastic LBer, but lay a hand on a woman you're done.
No offense intended, but I can never understand why people make generalizations like this. After nearly 30 years working in a jail, I know for a fact that there are plenty of so-called "women" that are violent monsters who would slice your throat just for saying the wrong thing to them. I get it; a lot of people live a somewhat "sheltered" life and never have contact with these low-lifes, so to them all females are "ladies" and should never be hit for any reason whatsoever. Well, if one of these "ladies" is swinging a steel pipe at your head, would you refuse to protect yourself?

Besides working in the jail, I grew up in a Housing Project for the poor. Some of the women from these environments grow up to become mean and violent criminals. And, some can be pretty big, too! If one of these girls tried to get violent with me, I would have no problem hitting her. These women aren't "ladies", they're like rabid animals. Consider this: Many NFL players come from a similar background as me, and many of them hook up with the girls they know in their neighborhood. Yes, many of these players can be violent themselves, but when they're charged with domestic assault, we never know the complete details. Was she a "nice girl" who was beaten, or was she an animal making it more of a case for self-defense or mutual assault? Remember how Miko Grimes was arrested outside of the stadium for causing trouble? I believe that the police had to take her down. Is she a "lady" too?

When it comes to these reports, I know that I can't make an unbiased opinion without knowing all of the details, but we're never told anything. The only constant in all of this is that when police are called for a domestic violence incident, the male is the one arrested 99% of the time... even if the woman is the aggressor! IMO, for some of these guys, the only thing they're guilty of is being with the wrong type of woman.

How about your pro bowl CB X?
The story that leaked out on that one was... that his girl freaked out when he bought some other woman an expensive purse... went after him... and tripped over his crutches (he was still on them after surgery). This story was never disputed and charges were quickly dropped... I believe them.

That said... as many here realize, I'm not a huge fan of X. I think he's a bit of a punk. A bit on the greedy side... and it sounds like he plays with the ladies... LOL

I won’t mind him coming in to camp to see what he’s got. That doesn’t mean we sign him unless he proves he’s worth it.

Sort of hypocritical to have your gladiator and want your choir boy too!

I know. That's way too binary but ya know --- the whole judgement paradox.

My default in such situations is always protect the female but as gofins60 articulated

ain't nothing in the world so simple in these terms. BUT. The NFL has been dealing with this

"problem" for what ------------ 30 years? 40 years? Not sure but its a long time.

All I know (IMO) is that the vast majority of men on this board want a focking terrorist

at pretty much every position. TUFF dude! Mean. Aggressive. Plays to win.

I mean I want to beat the **** out of the opponent. And then shake his hand after the game.

But I'm a VERY GREEDY fan. I want to win. Period. Leave the morality issues to chess and scrabble.

That said. I have no clue as to the answer. Other than it's bigger than Pro football. It's societal at the base level.

So I was a huge Reuben Foster fan coming out of college and was hoping the Fins would draft him in the 2017 nfl draft. Instead we went with Charles Harris at pick 22 and Foster dropped to 30 to the 9ers. We we all know how Harris turned out but Foster went on as a rookie to play very well in the limited games he played before as most of you know he had some legal
Issues being charged with domestic battery. Well he hasn’t played a down since due to suffering a knee injury but at the minimum salary, I think we should sign him to a prove yourself deal. He was a stud LB and we are in need of LB help. Would love to see if he still has some juice in the tank.
Most fans would say know. The way the Miami selects free agents and picks have made us the Miami Dolphins, the greatest football team. They take the ball from goal to go like no one’s ever seen

I sure thought he was "can't miss" coming out of school. Butkus Award winner and all. I hope he can put himself together enough to salvage some semblance of a career. But him coming here, no, I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Pass.

I envision Micah Parsons being a much much better, non crazy version of Foster.

We need a linebacker that can play 3 downs and lay the wood, Parsons does that. If he slips I’d trade up from 18 in a heartbeat to get him.

No offense intended, but I can never understand why people make generalizations like this. After nearly 30 years working in a jail, I know for a fact that there are plenty of so-called "women" that are violent monsters who would slice your throat just for saying the wrong thing to them. I get it; a lot of people live a somewhat "sheltered" life and never have contact with these low-lifes, so to them all females are "ladies" and should never be hit for any reason whatsoever. Well, if one of these "ladies" is swinging a steel pipe at your head, would you refuse to protect yourself?

Besides working in the jail, I grew up in a Housing Project for the poor. Some of the women from these environments grow up to become mean and violent criminals. And, some can be pretty big, too! If one of these girls tried to get violent with me, I would have no problem hitting her. These women aren't "ladies", they're like rabid animals. Consider this: Many NFL players come from a similar background as me, and many of them hook up with the girls they know in their neighborhood. Yes, many of these players can be violent themselves, but when they're charged with domestic assault, we never know the complete details. Was she a "nice girl" who was beaten, or was she an animal making it more of a case for self-defense or mutual assault? Remember how Miko Grimes was arrested outside of the stadium for causing trouble? I believe that the police had to take her down. Is she a "lady" too?

When it comes to these reports, I know that I can't make an unbiased opinion without knowing all of the details, but we're never told anything. The only constant in all of this is that when police are called for a domestic violence incident, the male is the one arrested 99% of the time... even if the woman is the aggressor! IMO, for some of these guys, the only thing they're guilty of is being with the wrong type of woman.

If a woman hits me, she's now a man and is going to get rocked.

But a woman hasn't done that to me.

I would then have to question the mans ability to judge people if he is around women that want to "slit" your throat. He would not be smart enough to play for me. At some point this all goes hand in hand. You lie with dogs, you wake up with fleas. I tend to be around responsible people that seem to know how to avoid trouble, not a hard concept.

I don't care if you grew up in a rough place. If you showed the ability to get away from it, then stay away from it. You already did the heavy lifting.

Back
Top Bottom