Fmia Power Rankings. Guess Who Is #32 Lol | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fmia Power Rankings. Guess Who Is #32 Lol

I’d put us 32nd with confidence barring a rosen game elevation and some top shelf scheme and position coaching.

I’d take a top 25 finish personnel wise and run with it.

A top 6 to 8 pick if not prior looks like an absolute lock.

I can't even wrap my head around all the different possibilities the 2019 season and subsequent 2020 draft can bring this franchise.

They have/had a plan going into the free agency. They acquired Fitzpatrick and the tank was on. Then JR falls into their lap.

Obviously they want Rosen to play well in 2019 (Their cake)

but

They still want that top 3 2020 draft pick. (Eating their cake too)

It's a unique situation. The media and the fans need to stay out of the conversation until April 23rd 2020 and let them do their thing.

I can't even wrap my head around all the different possibilities the 2019 season and subsequent 2020 draft can bring this franchise.

They have/had a plan going into the free agency. They acquired Fitzpatrick and the tank was on. Then JR falls into their lap.

Obviously they want Rosen to play well in 2019 (Their cake)

but

They still want that top 3 2020 draft pick. (Eating their cake too)

It's a unique situation. The media and the fans need to stay out of the conversation until April 23rd 2020 and let them do their thing.

I struggle with any ranking for a team with a new HC. So much is unknown. If Flores and staff are the next Philbin . . . I don't want to think about it. But, they could be a top 3 HC/staff. No one knows. Throw in Rosen and an incomplete OL and it gets foggier. Maybe I'm naive, but it seems it will be difficult to have an OC/DC/OL coach as bad as the gase regime, but that's tempered with a new system. You're right, the variables are endless.

BTW, how do you know "They still want that top 3 2020 draft pick?"

Of course Miami is last, seems many so called experts are just plain lazy.

If Dolphins were interested in losing enough to pick a QB next year, they would not have been so aggressive to take Rosen.

Miami lost quite a few starters, but not one will hurt Miami from being the team they were in 2018, except maybe early healthy Tannehill.

There is a reason why Miami last year came out hot, and were in 1st place before losing to the Pats (Where nobody wins). Injuries yet again became a problem, including the QB position.

With the players Miami lost, compared to what they got back....

1.The WR position still should be very good when Wilson gets back.

2. At RB, though I admire and think highly of Gore, to me Drake should have been starting from day one.

3. The O-line lost a solid to good R-Tackle, but let us not a try to act like 1st he was a Pro-bowl player, or that he was not fighting injuries.

4. At QB we now have a solid QB with quality starting skill for 4-5 games, and a young QB that could have franchise QB skills...Probably where we have best improved.

5. TE was not used the right way, so worst case is just as bad, best case we find a star in there.

6. D-line we have interior linemen that can play inside when we are 4-3, and can take over a 3-4, line with no problem. Though we lost Wake, he was somewhat declining, thanks to the draft, we got a DT, that can be disruptive at DT IN a 4-3, or at end in a 3-4.

7. The LB squad got a lot of competition, and with a defensive minded HC, this squad will get fixed quick...especially when in 3-4.

8. Though there are not much new blood that we can say will make this secondary better, there is good to great talent here already (with 3 players that have pro-bowl talent), so at worst, this squad should be as good, though I think with Flores as HC, this squad, even more then LB will have his undivided attention.

The only thing that makes me feel Miami could fail is, as this Coaching staff is trying to find themselves with these players...The schedule is brutal.

Of course Miami is last, seems many so called experts are just plain lazy.

If Dolphins were interested in losing enough to pick a QB next year, they would not have been so aggressive to take Rosen.

Miami lost quite a few starters, but not one will hurt Miami from being the team they were in 2018, except maybe early healthy Tannehill.

There is a reason why Miami last year came out hot, and were in 1st place before losing to the Pats (Where nobody wins). Injuries yet again became a problem, including the QB position.

With the players Miami lost, compared to what they got back....

1.The WR position still should be very good when Wilson gets back.

2. At RB, though I admire and think highly of Gore, to me Drake should have been starting from day one.

3. The O-line lost a solid to good R-Tackle, but let us not a try to act like 1st he was a Pro-bowl player, or that he was not fighting injuries.

4. At QB we now have a solid QB with quality starting skill for 4-5 games, and a young QB that could have franchise QB skills...Probably where we have best improved.

5. TE was not used the right way, so worst case is just as bad, best case we find a star in there.

6. D-line we have interior linemen that can play inside when we are 4-3, and can take over a 3-4, line with no problem. Though we lost Wake, he was somewhat declining, thanks to the draft, we got a DT, that can be disruptive at DT IN a 4-3, or at end in a 3-4.

7. The LB squad got a lot of competition, and with a defensive minded HC, this squad will get fixed quick...especially when in 3-4.

8. Though there are not much new blood that we can say will make this secondary better, there is good to great talent here already (with 3 players that have pro-bowl talent), so at worst, this squad should be as good, though I think with Flores as HC, this squad, even more then LB will have his undivided attention.

The only thing that makes me feel Miami could fail is, as this Coaching staff is trying to find themselves with these players...The schedule is brutal.

Good assessment overall. I can't see this team being "worse" than last year.

Just to play devils advocate a bit, WR may be questioned, due to the seriousness of the injuries to Wilson, and Grant. There is no gaurantee their speed returns 100%, particularly early in the year.

It's hard to imagine the coaching could be worse, both from a teaching, as well as a game planning perspective, but they are an unproven group.

I think you are spot on about the defensive talent, and would add that, including RM, we were essentially playing 3 rookies for a lot of snaps, and they should all be better for it.

The optimistic spin many people are putting on the upcoming season is pretty weird.

"They were the 13th worst team!" - Nope. If Gronk wasn't in the game for one play and Clay catches that pass in the endzone, we are a 4 win team and picking in the middle of the top 10. I know people will say woulda coulda shoulda, but can you name a game we barely lost due to one play? We were getting blown out often. We statistically were a 3 win team historically that got pretty lucky.

We gave up the most yards on defense in franchise history. We lost actual good players like William Hayes who NEVER gets mentioned which makes me generally question the team knowledge of those who are posting that we "didn't really lose anybody." At a premium and important position like defensive end, we have absolutely nobody. Like, we have zero pass rushers. ZERO.

We had a offense that was garbage and lost an above average right tackle and our best running back. I love Drake as much as the next guy, but he isn't the guy that's going to get you tough yards consistently.

It's not a bad thing that we're going to be bad so I don't see the point of the delusion. A reset is the best thing this franchise has done in over a decade.

right now dolphins are better than or about same right now
1.ARI
2.OAK
3.SF
4. NYG
5 BUC
6 NYJ
7 Redskins
8 LIONS
9. GB
10. Cinn

The optimistic spin many people are putting on the upcoming season is pretty weird.

"They were the 13th worst team!" - Nope. If Gronk wasn't in the game for one play and Clay catches that pass in the endzone, we are a 4 win team and picking in the middle of the top 10. I know people will say woulda coulda shoulda, but can you name a game we barely lost due to one play? We were getting blown out often. We statistically were a 3 win team historically that got pretty lucky.

We gave up the most yards on defense in franchise history. We lost actual good players like William Hayes who NEVER gets mentioned which makes me generally question the team knowledge of those who are posting that we "didn't really lose anybody." At a premium and important position like defensive end, we have absolutely nobody. Like, we have zero pass rushers. ZERO.

We had a offense that was garbage and lost an above average right tackle and our best running back. I love Drake as much as the next guy, but he isn't the guy that's going to get you tough yards consistently.

It's not a bad thing that we're going to be bad so I don't see the point of the delusion. A reset is the best thing this franchise has done in over a decade.
Why would you consider it "weird", that others may have opinions that differ from yours?

I would say the majority here see it differently than you, and your view is actually the outlier.

Gore was good back for us, and you have a valid concern there. I see the fact that, in Flores' own words, "we WILL have a fullback" integrated into the offense. That's a great way to approach those "tough yards" situations, IMO.

Hayes was a solid D-line player when healthy, but he didn't even make it to mid season, so how can it be that big of a loss?

We did give up huge yardage, but I put a lot more of the blame on Burke's incompetence, than I do on the talent of the individual players.

I'll concede the loss of James is not ideal, but I certainly wasn't in favor of paying anywhere near what he got on the open market. Aside from LT, our line has been a dumster fire for years, irrespective of names on jerseys. Coaching matters here, and I don't see the line being any worse than the last two seasons.

You are correct, we have a pretty bare cupboard at the DE position, but we didn't get to the QB last year with Branch, Quinn, and Wake. You can make a case that Burke/scheme had something to do with that, and I won't argue. I will point out, though, that Quinn hasn't played well for a few years, and was worse in a 3-4 / hybrid type scheme. Wake is not a 3 down player at this point, and wasn't winning the 1v1 battles that made him a legend.

If I'm weird for making these observations, so be it. I don't consider myself a Homer, I just see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Flores is not Gase, or queasy, or that other clown who's name escapes me.

Coaching matters. Philosophy matters. Accountability matters.

Are we going on aplayoff run? Not likely.

Are we a three win team? Not likely.

It’s the least talented trenches team on both sides of the football in the league. And you might be able to throw in the tight ends group too on that.

They got a lot riding on godchaux, Vincent Taylor, and Wilkins. I’d damn sure be trying to get those 3 on the field together as much as possible. I’m sure that’s the plan a.

Play those dudes as mucb as possible to offset the lack of edge rush talent.

Wilkins gonna be playing musical chairs in the front. He has to.

Poa play looks very suspect. Unless the off ball lb level is gonna fill it.

Good assessment overall. I can't see this team being "worse" than last year.

Just to play devils advocate a bit, WR may be questioned, due to the seriousness of the injuries to Wilson, and Grant. There is no gaurantee their speed returns 100%, particularly early in the year.

It's hard to imagine the coaching could be worse, both from a teaching, as well as a game planning perspective, but they are an unproven group.

I think you are spot on about the defensive talent, and would add that, including RM, we were essentially playing 3 rookies for a lot of snaps, and they should all be better for it.

Very true about the WR position crossing my fingers there, we will need that speed...especially Wilson.

you would think we stuck with Osweiller as our QB and chose a mediocre college HC as our HC. no ****ing way we are worse than the Cardinals
I don’t agree because of hi highly I think of Murray, however, lets say you are right that the cardinals will finish worse than us, well, all good because that would mean we don’t have to have the worst team in the league to get Tua, if we’re picking 2nd we have that chance.

Back
Top Bottom