Foles And A Qb Round 1? Sign Me Up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Foles And A Qb Round 1? Sign Me Up

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I would love for us to go sign Nick Foles this offseason and then draft a QB in round 1 of 2019 or 2020. Hell maybe both!

Its obvious these days that if you don’t have a QB then everything else is almost a moot point. Doesn’t matter what you do at other positions until you get that franchise guy. Then u can start to add other pieces.

Find the right QB and build depth there too. Sign Foles to a 3/4 year deal, draft one or two more QBs and develop them. And even if they are ready before Foles contract is up we can trade him like KC did with Alex Smith.

I am not saying that Foles is some world beater. He isn’t. He’s a game manager, but he would be an instant upgrade at the position, Chad Pennington style.

Side Note:
I’m over the tanking talk. You don’t have to tank to get your guy. Find the right guy, target him and make the move to get him. KC and Philly didn’t need to tank, they just grew some balls and made it happen.

I would love for us to go sign Nick Foles this offseason and then draft a QB in round 1 of 2019 or 2020. Hell maybe both!

Its obvious these days that if you don’t have a QB then everything else is almost a moot point. Doesn’t matter what you do at other positions until you get that franchise guy. Then u can start to add other pieces.

Find the right QB and build depth there too. Sign Foles to a 3/4 year deal, draft one or two more QBs and develop them. And even if they are ready before Foles contract is up we can trade him like KC did with Alex Smith.

I am not saying that Foles is some world beater. He isn’t. He’s a game manager, but he would be an instant upgrade at the position, Chad Pennington style.

He'd be expensive and needs a good team around him

We are not making any splash signings. I'm not sure why you guys are struggling to understand this. We are going full rebuild not spending 20+ mill a year on a backup QB.

I was thinking it would be more around $15M range. If we get priced out then so be it, but we need to do whatever it takes to upgrade at QB every single year until we get “the guy”. I could care less about upgrading at any other position until that’s done.

Last edited:
No sense to spend on Foles if we drafting a QB in the first round. Let the rookie learn out there on the field and save the cap room for 2020

I don't think people realize how difficult it is to just draft a QB in round 1. We have pick 13. You don't just draft a QB for the sake of getting one. At 13, there won't be a QB worth drafting...who is it you would like us to draft at 13? Murray won't be there (I hope cause I don't want him) and neither will Haskins. Who is left in round 1 worth taking without reaching 2 or 3 rounds?

I don't think people realize how difficult it is to just draft a QB in round 1. We have pick 13. You don't just draft a QB for the sake of getting one. At 13, there won't be a QB worth drafting...who is it you would like us to draft at 13? Murray won't be there (I hope cause I don't want him) and neither will Haskins. Who is left in round 1 worth taking without reaching 2 or 3 rounds?
because you have to go get your QB. A qb isn’t going to fall in your lap in round one. If you find a qb you like, go get him. Cardinals traded up for Rosen. Bills traded up for Allen. Chiefs traded up for mahomes, eagles traded up for Wentz. Hell Chicago traded up for Trubisky.

I was thinking it would be more around $15M range. If we get priced out then, so be it, but we need to do whatever it takes to upgrade at QB every single year until we get “the guy”. I could care less about upgrading at any other position until that’s done.
There is no way foles is taking bottom barrel starting QB money on a horrible team. It's time to tank for a QB in the 20-21 draft

I was thinking it would be more around $15M range. If we get priced out then so be it, but we need to do whatever it takes to upgrade at QB every single year until we get “the guy”. I could care less about upgrading at any other position until that’s done.

Again, what NFL team does that?

I think that Foles success is due to the scheme and team that he is with. He would not be successful with Miami and he would cost a lot.

sign me up as long as we dont draft any small running/project qbs.

Back
Top Bottom