Foles And A Qb Round 1? Sign Me Up | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Foles And A Qb Round 1? Sign Me Up

The Eagles blew that game when it was 14-0. They had opportunities to take it beyond 14-0 but didn't seem to grasp how important it was. Margin for error is everything in a game like that. The home team will not sleepwalk forever. Too much smiling and contentment on Philadelphia, instead of recognizing that they were on the road and not at home or on a neutral site. They lost intensity and a few things went narrowly the other way, like not recovering the fumble when Graham knocked the ball out of Brees' hand, and Foles slightly short on the deep ball that Lattimore intercepted.

I thought it was interesting that the Saints were quoted as being confident they could get to Wentz, but not to Foles since he gets rid of the ball quicker. That seems accurate to me. Wentz has nice physical skills but it looks like he got accustomed to playing on a superior team at North Dakota State and hasn't adjusted the urgency necessary in a balanced league.

The Saints were the weakest of the four teams that had byes, at least based on the pedestrian +.4 YPPA Differential. For reference, the Chiefs were +2.0, the Rams +1.2 and New England +.8.

I was disappointed that the Eagles blew this game, given a less than a dominant opponent they faced.

Reactions: JUN
Foles should go to the Cowboys. I would trade Dak and sign Foles
The cowboys had the chance to have Foles when Romo went down. Jerry Jones famously declared "Foles isn't an option." Jerry's not going to make himself look foolish now and take him.

The cowboys had the chance to have Foles when Romo went down. Jerry Jones famously declared "Foles isn't an option." Jerry's not going to make himself look foolish now and take him.

Yeah but he’s accomplished a lot since and gotten way better. He probably won’t do it but I think it would make them a real contender if he did

Foles wasn't nearly the qb he is now back then. Not one person on this forum would have wanted him here either but they all act like it after last year's SB.

Another example of a mediocre QB getting more credit than deserved.

Foles wasn't nearly the qb he is now back then. Not one person on this forum would have wanted him here either but they all act like it after last year's SB.
My point is that I would be shocked it Jerry took him, because that would be an act of admitting he was wrong, and that is not Jerry's MO.

Well if tbe eagles blew that up 14-0 foles was the one that did it with that underthrown int intended for ertz. Cause up until that play the eagles had all the momentum and were in position to go in for more points.

Last edited:
No QB's worthy of a 1st round pick except Kyler Murray who will not be there and is a huge risk/reward type. Definitely not interested in acquiring a journeyman QB for a lot of resources.

Back
Top Bottom