Football Gameplan's 2014 Dolphins vs Lions Week 10 Video Preview | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football Gameplan's 2014 Dolphins vs Lions Week 10 Video Preview

I agree with this 100%. I'd add again that Matt Stafford is precisely the kind of quarterback who will just start firing "**** it" footballs all over the place off of his back foot in pressure situations.

Absolutely. If he didn't have great arm talent and Calvin Johnson he'd be Mark Sanchez.

I have never seen you pick the Fins to win, ever

The Lions have been running guys in and out of the lineup at RT. They're struggling mightily over there. Not to mention that Reggie Bush is a substandard protection back. Every time we drop Cameron Wake into coverage we're making a mistake. Not just because we're letting them off the hook, but also because Wake is absolutely terrible in coverage. As fast as he looks attacking the quarterback in coverage he moves like Mount Cody.

Unfortunately, the kind of play Emory highlighted is exactly the kind of thing Kevin Coyle likes to do. It's his instinct to be -- with all due respect to Emory -- too clever by half. One of the big reasons we're better this year on defense than we have been the last two years is precisely because Coyle has dialed down the whiteboard wizardry and just turned the defensive line loose on offensive line. And right now they're eating.

I don't mind bringing twists and stunts up front -- used sparingly -- and I don't mind bringing five with an LB blitz. But if you're going to get cute do it on the back end with combination coverages. The guys up front must attack for 60 minutes.

I remember the defense being frustrated with the play calling. If coyle actually changed how he is calling the d and changing his tendencies to better suit the players we have , then that's a sign he's not to prideful to learn and raises my opinion of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember the defense being frustrated with the play calling. If coyle actually changed how he is calling the d and changing his tendencies to better suit the players we have , then that's a sign he's not to prideful to learn and raises my opinion of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Me too. I just hope he keeps it up and doesn't revert to bad habits when the pressure is on.

Back
Top Bottom