Football is not life | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football is not life

Or so my fiancé says. She has her friend flying in Thursday and she makes all these grand plans for us to go out and do things Sunday without mentioning anything to me. Did she bother to let me know these plans prior Does she know that she is asking me to possibly miss the first start of what may be the future of our franchise ? I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't got out and hang with the guys. I watch football. What is up with these women ?

I say this all in jest, but what the hell ? FYI, she rearranged the schedule but is not totally happy. I will regret this later.

For whatever wrong she believes you are for dedicating so much to something you love, she’s wrong for making plans without asking and communicating (isn’t that relationship 101?).

I mean, couldn’t you just easily say that you made grand plans for the weekend too but, like her, just didn’t mention it? I’m guessing that wouldn’t fly so well. So why is it ok in the other direction? Seriously.

One could argue that spending time with visiting friends and doing activities on the weekend isn’t life or the end all, be all either. It’s all about subjective opinion and one’s own values and what they enjoy in life.

Me, personally, I loathe when other’s think their priorities or things they enjoy and value in life somehow trump mine. It’s quite selfish and narcissistic.

Ok. Off my relationship soapbox ......... lol

Luckily, my wife doesn’t pull any of that crap on me. She likes me to be happy.

Or so my fiancé says......
Establish your frame (read: boundaries) BEFORE you say "I do."

Think of all relationships as a frame, you're either operating in her frame or she's operating in yours.

And you won't regret anything later..... WHY? Because you made a decision and stood your ground. And DO NOT WAVER.

First one is free, rook.

Been married a little over 16 months, and the good news is my wife loves the NFL and Sundays on the couch are just as important to her as they are to me. The bad news for me though is she is a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. ? Living in Pennsylvania every Steelers game is on TV and I am lucky if I get the Fins locally here ever. My parents have DirecTV and got Sunday Ticket for free this year so they gave me their mobile login so I do get to watch every game this season which I feel blessed to have. The cool thing is since I have a Samsung phone and TV, I can mirror my screen and it is like watching a regular TV broadcast. Of course, if the Steelers are playing at the same time, I have to watch on my phone lol. Better to lose these battles as long as I can still see my Fins on Sundays.
You chose wisely.

Tell her you don't have anything in your closet that makes you feel sexy and confident when you go out. If she doesn't immediately acquiesce, accuse her of not caring and never listening. Finish by saying "do what you want" and then slam the bedroom door. Proceed to not leave the bed and then when she comes in and has a look of "why aren't you dressed" on your her face, give her the most evil, vile, hate-filled stink eye you can muster.

You are welcome.
Post of the year.

Married 28 years, guess I am very lucky my wife enjoys watching football in general and has adopted my Fins as her team (her Dad was a Bills fan eewwww). She is so in tune with my love with this team that she knows well in advance when a game is important and when I don't care. Yeah I am a lucky man. She actually said today "we should make wings Sunday cause Tua is starting".

Or so my fiancé says. She has her friend flying in Thursday and she makes all these grand plans for us to go out and do things Sunday without mentioning anything to me. Did she bother to let me know these plans prior Does she know that she is asking me to possibly miss the first start of what may be the future of our franchise ? I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't got out and hang with the guys. I watch football. What is up with these women ?

I say this all in jest, but what the hell ? FYI, she rearranged the schedule but is not totally happy. I will regret this later.
Have you thought about recording it? That way, when your fiancé records the events you miss while staying home to watch Tua, you can enjoy them together after the game.

That game was epic. I knew Fiedler lacked the NFL arm but he was as good as it gets at the other aspects of the game. I still have his jersey hanging in my personal HOF. (The only jersey I ever bought and threw away was Culpepper).

I'll never forget that sports illustrated shot of him with his arm raised.
@NEPA Phin Phan

Last week my wife texted me, "Mom wants us to go over for a family dinner at 2pm on Sunday Nov 1st. Also it's my sisters bday the 28th so a combo dinner".... I responded, "Not ****in happening, Tua's 1st game. Sorry."

I figured I'd get a ton of backlash but I did not care... In the end, she didn't care and apparently didn't want to go either lol.
You're da man!

I told my wife when we started dating, never ever ask me to miss a Dolphins game, unless it's life and death.

tell her "why dont the tua ya just go out and spend some girl time together"

Back
Top Bottom