For all of you who want or wanted a new owner... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For all of you who want or wanted a new owner...

Quadfather

Club Member
Reaction score
Look at the mess the Miami Marlins are in. Trade for a Bum Coach, who had some good seasons, but was washed up (Fisher). Sign a whole bunch of free agents for millions of dollars, and then finishing last in the division. We could have signed Vincent Jackson and Carl Nicks (saying we had the money), but as the marlins found out, and I think as we will find out, team chemistry is more important that team talent. That is why Marshall and Davis were let go, and I think we will be better off in the long run...But again..We could be the Miami Marlins...

The owner and his son in law are the equivalent of grifters, formerly doing just enough to put a mediocre team on the field while any owner's cash register resonates loudly with "ca-ching" and hosing the taxpayers of Miami to underwrite that stadium. Comparing Loria and Sterling to terrible owners like Jerry Jones, Woody Johnson, the Bidwells, the Glazers and Jerry Richardson, let alone Ross does them a disservice. A better analogy would be the owner (name escapes me) who defaulted on The Dodgers .. or even Bernie Madoff!

Meanwhile Mickey Arrison is heads and shoulders above most sports owners and certainly the best in Florida

The owner and his son in law are the equivalent of grifters, formerly doing just enough to put a mediocre team on the field while any owner's cash register resonates loudly with "ca-ching" and hosing the taxpayers of Miami to underwrite that stadium. Comparing Loria and Sterling to terrible owners like Jerry Jones, Woody Johnson, the Bidwells, the Glazers and Jerry Richardson, let alone Ross does them a disservice. A better analogy would be Bernie Madoff!

Meanwhile Mickey Arrison is heads and shoulders above most sports owners and certainly the best in Florida

I dont know much about what there "real" intent was, but spending a whole lot of money, some of it ours, on a new stadium, players, and figure head coach, seemed to me like those Owners you mentioned. It didnt work, but my point was, we are building through the draft and not free agents. And also we are getting rid of the players who put "me" in front of "team".

Jeff Fisher is not washed up as a coach. He is doing great work in St. Louis. BTW, he comes to Sun Life in two weeks. You will get to see him up close.

Jeff Fisher has never won a super bowl and is an overrated coach. He just is a big name..I dont like making predictions, I feel like Im a jynx, But the dolphins will finish with a better record than the rams, and Tannehill will have a better season than Sam Bradford.

Jeff Fisher, anachronistic ground and pounder with more losing than winning seasons and the only reason he's in StL is that enough was enough and he was kicked to the curb involuntarily by Bud Adams.

Jeff Fisher has never won a super bowl and is an overrated coach. He just is a big name..I dont like making predictions, I feel like Im a jynx, But the dolphins will finish with a better record than the rams, and Tannehill will have a better season than Sam Bradford.

Can you believe Paul Brown, Marty Schottenheimer, and Dan Reeves (who we should've brought in as head coach) have never won a super bowl either?

I think Fisher was a good coach in Tennessee not on the level of Paul Brown or anything like that obviously. He came 1 yard short of winning a super bowl. He's won 140 games or so and at this point he's making that St Louis Rams team look very good.

Jeff Fisher is not washed up as a coach. He is doing great work in St. Louis. BTW, he comes to Sun Life in two weeks. You will get to see him up close.

I knew your fisher lover affair wasn't gone. I'm curious who your going to be rooting for in two weeks?

That analogy really does suck. But I'll take any opportunity to talk about what a scumbag Loria is. I don't really like Stevie, but as big an out of touch nerd as he is, it would take something much worse to put him on the level of the worst owners in sports, who are criminals and scumbags at their best.

I knew your fisher lover affair wasn't gone. I'm curious who your going to be rooting for in two weeks?

Why can't I respect a good NFL football coach? He is doing good work in St. Louis.

I think that my posts show my loyalty and passion as a Fins fan...I take exception to who I might be rooting for in two weeks.

Can you believe Paul Brown, Marty Schottenheimer, and Dan Reeves (who we should've brought in as head coach) have never won a super bowl either?

I think Fisher was a good coach in Tennessee not on the level of Paul Brown or anything like that obviously. He came 1 yard short of winning a super bowl. He's won 140 games or so and at this point he's making that St Louis Rams team look very good.
To be accurate, Fisher came 1 yard short of making it to overtime in a Superbowl.

The owner and his son in law are the equivalent of grifters, formerly doing just enough to put a mediocre team on the field while any owner's cash register resonates loudly with "ca-ching" and hosing the taxpayers of Miami to underwrite that stadium. Comparing Loria and Sterling to terrible owners like Jerry Jones, Woody Johnson, the Bidwells, the Glazers and Jerry Richardson, let alone Ross does them a disservice. A better analogy would be the owner (name escapes me) who defaulted on The Dodgers .. or even Bernie Madoff!

As a Manchester United fan words cannot describe how much I loathe those scumbags.

Richardson is a pretty good owner I'd say. He's pretty well liked in Carolina and has a good relationship with the players and a good reputation around the league. His issues came from that he was pretty cut throat in negotiations for a new CBA. Otherwise he's well liked.

Bill Bidwell was an awful owner, but since he's given control of the franchise to his son's they're not as bad. They've at least put a lot of effort into improving the team; including getting that beautiful stadium built.

Jeff Fisher is a good fit for a rebuilding team as he's had to do it twice with the Titans. The problem with him is that once he has a core together, he has had a tough time adding players to that group and he tends to struggle when things are expected of his teams.

As for Ross, he's made mistakes, but he reminds me a lot of Arthur Blank's early tenure as owner of the Atlanta Falcons. Both are seen as good guys, both want to make their teams more popular, and early on both focused on hiring big names and made habits of making extremely bold predictions to the media. Blank has since stopped doing that, and I think Ross realizes he can't do that either. But Ross seems to have his heart in the right place, he just needs/needed to learn how owning an NFL franchise worked.

Back
Top Bottom